Dr. Brett Kockentiet MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

April 24th, 2015
I have been to multiple doctors for my dyshydrosis and he is the only one that has helped me control it. He is great.

March 11th, 2013
mediocre experience that ended in a surprise bill
I had a total of 10 skin tags on my eye lids, under my eye, and under my armpits. I knew insurance would not cover them since they were cosmetic, but I wanted to see what it would cost to have them removed. I called explained I didn't want any surprises, was paying out of pocket, asked for a price, and she could not provide one, and recommended that I come in for a consultation to get a price and then I could decide if I wanted to do it once I had the price. So I did, came in, they were quick to get me in, and the nurse asked me what I was looking to have done. I told her, asked if she knew how much it would cost, and she said no, but the doctor would be in. Then Dr. "K" came in, went straight to laying me back and removing the skin tags, and I said "wait, wait, wait, I am just here to get a price", and then the same nurse I had asked for a price and told me to wait for the doctor says, "1-15 skin tags removed is $200, and for each 10 additional is $...". How can something that is so black and white require me to get to this point before someone can tell me the cost? So I decided to go ahead (although I thought it was expensive), because I was there and wanted to get them done, and the doctor was ready to do it anyhow. The nurse said I would have to pay today, and I said it was fine. Dr K removed them, didn't say a word, and left, missed one right on my face and nurse had to have him come back in. Once I finished I sat down at the billing desk, they did all their computer stuff, and I paid the $200 I was quoted. Nothing else was ever mentioned or said by anyone along this whole adventure about anything else, and I left. A few weeks later I was shocked to get a bill for another $85 for "first time patient consultation fee". No one mentioned such a thing, it says nothing about this on the website or the paperwork I downloaded from the website to bring in "as a new patient", and now I get a bill!!! So I called and someone had to call me back. The lady basically said that the lady that I spoke to on the phone to set up the appointment had been there for many years and would never lead me to believe there was no charge...she was condescending and rude, told me that I had to pay it, and I signed some document that I would.... I asked her for a copy and she told me all I could do was write a letter to the doctor asking for him to waive it (are we in 1950?), so I used the "contact us" email on their website to send the Dr an email explaining that this was deceptive and wrong, and that I would like this taken care of....I have not heard anything from anyone, and still have $85 bill that I will not be paying!

May 23rd, 2012
Highly recommended.
I would recommend Dr. "K" to anyone.

November 30th, 2010
he has good beside manners, takes time to talk to patient and not condescending. will probably go back since everyone is so friendly. the receptionists are great and so are the nurses.

January 18th, 2017