Dr. Brett Lantz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 2nd, 2014
Ruptured patella surgery
I had ruptured my patella and had the surgery about 1.5 years ago, initially my wife and I we're put off by the lack of information and communication we got, but after seeing dr. Lance over time and appointments I came to the conclusion that he is very professional and doesn't sugar coat things, he listened to my concerns and answered me, he also believed me, a better listener than talker, that's a good quality in that position, my other knee needs a replacement, it will be lance I hope. Thanks
Doctor's Response

Hello, James. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine for your care.

April 29th, 2013
complicated knee surgery, wonderful results
When I first contacted Dr Lantz,I put off knee surgery for as long as I could. For almost two years we tried less invasive treatments. It was a very complicated arthoscopy surgery involving my knee cap, meniscus, etc. Osteo arthritis was a complication too. My recuperation time was rather long. I went to all my PT and babied the knee somewhat, but kept up my perscribed exercises. That was almost three years ago and I am back doing all my activities including riding. Dr. Lantz is not the most extroverted chatty physician you will ever meet. BUt I felt he was caring and kind, even though in conversation he tends to come off more business like. IF you need someone to hold your hand or make you laugh, go somewhere else. But if you need a good knee surgeon, then consider him. He does thoroughly know what he is doing.I knew going in that I had to face a complicated surgery. But I had talked to him enough and did my own research on my conditions pre-surgery to know I could trust his expertise and the surgical outcome. I felt he took a conservative treatment path with me which is what I wanted. He isn't trigger happy to perform surgery. He is not the type of physician who looks at you with dollar signs in his eyes. He will take the time to answer all of your questions. Do your own research before you go in to any doctor, so you know the right questions to ask. If you do that you will find that you will get a better working relationship with all of your doctors. With our health care being cut and its future uncertain, it is paramount that you learn to advocate for yourself for the best treatment possible.

December 9th, 2016