A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Brett Scharf:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Brett Scharf, DO is board certified in Family Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Scharf graduated from New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury.
Dr. Scharf has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Altoona Hospital
- Altoona Regional Health System Altoona Hospital Campus
- Altoona Regional Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scharf accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 12 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Brett L. Scharf practice?
Dr. Brett Scharf practices Family Medicine near Altoona, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Cresson, PA.
See Altoona Family Physicians.