Dr. Brett Shurman MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Los Angeles, CA

• Good
  • Bad

September 3rd, 2016
Dr S. is considerate, pays attention to my problems and cares about how I am doing. As far as I am concerned, that makes him the best doctor for me.

July 11th, 2016
Best Doc and Office!
Dr Shurman is the most amazing Psychiatrist I have ever met and I have looked around for a long time for someone like him. Dr Shurman spends so much time listening to everything I have going on and he sincerely cares about his patients. He's not one of those psychiatrists that writes a prescription and kicks you out in 5-10 minutes. His office manager, Josh, is also the best! He's so organized and always gets back to me in a timely manner when I call. He's so nice and welcoming. Dr Shurmans office is one of the offices I actually like going to!

June 27th, 2016
exceptional doctor and I highly recommend him
I usually keep my opinions to myself, but if there is any way for me to offer a shortcut to someone else struggling with depression I am happy to share my story. It hasn't been easy but I have always been proactive in finding a way to support myself living a full life while having depression – even armed with that tenacity -- it was extremely difficult to find a doctor that understood how to prescribe the right medication for me – one that would support me and give me relief without cutting me off from myself. I spent years working with different doctors trying to find relief. Then I found Dr. Shurman and he brilliantly cut to the chase and found the right medication to suit me. I can't thank him enough for helping me live a more fulfilling and happy life. He is a rare breed -- he's a psychiatrist that is truly invested in your well being. . He is an exceptional doctor and I highly recommend him.

June 24th, 2016
Excellent!!!
Brett is a great listener and therapist, and also handles my meds very well. I had been to several shrinks and each had tried many different meds -- so many I thought none would ever work. But he was able to find the right combo to help me. Very, very grateful. Also, his staff is on the ball -- refills called in in a timely fashion, setting appointments with ease, and very reachable in case of emergency. Two thumbs up!

April 10th, 2016
Best Doctor I've Ever Had
Most incredible, personable, and friendly Doctor I have ever had. I've had bad experiences with psychiatrists in the past, but Brett has restored my trust in psychiatry entirely. I couldn't imagine having a better, more thoughtful Doctor. The man has saved my life multiple times and encourages me to live my own.

January 4th, 2016
Don't go to this doctor...
He misdiagnosed me with schizophrenia and I spent two years in treatment on heavy medication for something I didn't have. He told me he wanted to be my dad and for the live in nurse he made my family hire for me to be my mom because my parents weren't good enough. He also told me I was incapable of loving. Well, I certainly don't love him.

January 10th, 2015
Excellent psychiatrist. Really gets to know and care about me. Wants to make sure I succeed. I trust him and know I am in good hands.

September 16th, 2013
I was misdiagnosed for 2 decades - He saved my life
A number of psychiatrists diagnosed me as depressed. In reality I suffer from Bipolar II disorder. Contrary to the jokes and the false myths this disease is chemical and can be completely controlled with the RIGHT medications. As I said a number of (five) psychiatrists failed (three after a year). Brett worked with medications until we found the perfect balance. My very stressful and demanding life as an attorney would have been impossible without him.

August 24th, 2013
am feeling much much better
Dr Shurman has helped me to feel better than I have in a long time.

July 29th, 2013
very happy with this doctor
I am a long time patient of Dr Shurman and have no complaints about him or his office. Whatever problems have happened, seem to me they are the same things that could happen in any doctor's office so I don't feel that is fair to blame on him. What I want from a doctor is to feel that my life is in good hands and that I am listened to. I trust Dr Shurman to practice good medicine and to take what I say seriously. And I am so pleased that the medications I take work since I have to say that hasn't always been the case with other doctors I have seen in the past.

July 10th, 2013
very pleased
surprised to see some of the negative reviews when my experience was the opposite. I loved Dr Shurman's bedside manner, found him to have a great understanding of my illness and the medications I need to take. He is someone I intend to see as a patient for a long time and I hope that if anyone had a poor experience it is most likely an issue of perception rather than actuality.

October 26th, 2012
Dr Shurman is one of the most competent psychiatrist in the field and is excellent with medication. Excellent with families and addiction treatment.
Dr Shurman is excellent with medication and is very competent in the field of addiction. I have been seen by several psychitrists over the years with no luck until now. I am able to function in every day life and stay sober thanks to Dr. Shurman.