Dr. Brett Shurman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brett Shurman?

Posted on September 3rd, 2016

Dr S. is considerate, pays attention to my problems and cares about how I am doing. As far as I am concerned, that makes him the best doctor for me.

Best Doc and Office!

Posted on July 11th, 2016

Dr Shurman is the most amazing Psychiatrist I have ever met and I have looked around for a long time for someone like him. Dr Shurman spends so much time listening to everything I have going on and he sincerely cares about his patients. He's not one of those psychiatrists that writes a prescription and kicks you out in 5-10 minutes. His office manager, Josh, is also the best! He's so organized and always gets back to me in a timely manner when I call. He's so nice and welcoming. Dr Shurmans office is one of the offices I actually like going to!

exceptional doctor and I highly recommend him

Posted on June 27th, 2016

I usually keep my opinions to myself, but if there is any way for me to offer a shortcut to someone else struggling with depression I am happy to share my story. It hasn't been easy but I have always been proactive in finding a way to support myself living a full life while having depression – even armed with that tenacity -- it was extremely difficult to find a doctor that understood how to prescribe the right medication for me – one that would support me and give me relief without cutting me off from myself. I spent years working with different doctors trying to find relief. Then I found Dr. Shurman and he brilliantly cut to the chase and found the right medication to suit me. I can't thank him enough for helping me live a more fulfilling and happy life. He is a rare breed -- he's a psychiatrist that is truly invested in your well being. . He is an exceptional doctor and I highly recommend him.

Excellent!!!

Posted on June 25th, 2016

Brett is a great listener and therapist, and also handles my meds very well. I had been to several shrinks and each had tried many different meds -- so many I thought none would ever work. But he was able to find the right combo to help me. Very, very grateful. Also, his staff is on the ball -- refills called in in a timely fashion, setting appointments with ease, and very reachable in case of emergency. Two thumbs up!

Best Doctor I've Ever Had

Posted on April 11th, 2016

Most incredible, personable, and friendly Doctor I have ever had. I've had bad experiences with psychiatrists in the past, but Brett has restored my trust in psychiatry entirely. I couldn't imagine having a better, more thoughtful Doctor. The man has saved my life multiple times and encourages me to live my own.

Don't go to this doctor...

Posted on January 5th, 2016

He misdiagnosed me with schizophrenia and I spent two years in treatment on heavy medication for something I didn't have. He told me he wanted to be my dad and for the live in nurse he made my family hire for me to be my mom because my parents weren't good enough. He also told me I was incapable of loving. Well, I certainly don't love him.

Posted on January 11th, 2015

Excellent psychiatrist. Really gets to know and care about me. Wants to make sure I succeed. I trust him and know I am in good hands.

I was misdiagnosed for 2 decades - He saved my life

Posted on September 16th, 2013

A number of psychiatrists diagnosed me as depressed. In reality I suffer from Bipolar II disorder. Contrary to the jokes and the false myths this disease is chemical and can be completely controlled with the RIGHT medications. As I said a number of (five) psychiatrists failed (three after a year). Brett worked with medications until we found the perfect balance. My very stressful and demanding life as an attorney would have been impossible without him.

am feeling much much better

Posted on August 24th, 2013

Dr Shurman has helped me to feel better than I have in a long time.

very pleased

Posted on July 11th, 2013

surprised to see some of the negative reviews when my experience was the opposite. I loved Dr Shurman's bedside manner, found him to have a great understanding of my illness and the medications I need to take. He is someone I intend to see as a patient for a long time and I hope that if anyone had a poor experience it is most likely an issue of perception rather than actuality.

Dr Shurman is one of the most competent psychiatrist in the field and is excellent with medication. Excellent with families and addiction treatment.

Posted on October 26th, 2012

Dr Shurman is excellent with medication and is very competent in the field of addiction. I have been seen by several psychitrists over the years with no luck until now. I am able to function in every day life and stay sober thanks to Dr. Shurman.

Bad Doctor

Posted on September 28th, 2012

He has a lot of mental health problems himself, he most likely takes his own medicine, he has a lot of conflict of interests, and he thinks that Resperidone is good to keep increasing on his patents who don't need it at all, he does this because he is always looking for a reaction form his patents and when he doesn't get it he gives them more poison (medicine). Thank you.