exceptional doctor and I highly recommend him show details exceptional doctor and I highly recommend him
Jun 27th, 2016

I usually keep my opinions to myself, but if there is any way for me to offer a shortcut to someone else struggling with depression I am happy to share my story. It hasn't been easy but I have always been proactive in finding a way to support myself living a full life while having depression – even armed with that tenacity -- it was extremely difficult to find a doctor that understood how to prescribe the right medication for me – one that would support me and give me relief without cutting me off from myself. I spent years working with different doctors trying to find relief. Then I found Dr. Shurman and he brilliantly cut to the chase and found the right medication to suit me. I can't thank him enough for helping me live a more fulfilling and happy life. He is a rare breed -- he's a psychiatrist that is truly invested in your well being. . He is an exceptional doctor and I highly recommend him.

Excellent!!! show details Excellent!!!
by David Marcho on Jun 24th, 2016

Brett is a great listener and therapist, and also handles my meds very well. I had been to several shrinks and each had tried many different meds -- so many I thought none would ever work. But he was able to find the right combo to help me. Very, very grateful. Also, his staff is on the ball -- refills called in in a timely fashion, setting appointments with ease, and very reachable in case of emergency. Two thumbs up!

Best Doctor I've Ever Had show details Best Doctor I've Ever Had
Apr 10th, 2016

Most incredible, personable, and friendly Doctor I have ever had. I've had bad experiences with psychiatrists in the past, but Brett has restored my trust in psychiatry entirely. I couldn't imagine having a better, more thoughtful Doctor. The man has saved my life multiple times and encourages me to live my own.

Don't go to this doctor... show details Don't go to this doctor...
Jan 4th, 2016

He misdiagnosed me with schizophrenia and I spent two years in treatment on heavy medication for something I didn't have. He told me he wanted to be my dad and for the live in nurse he made my family hire for me to be my mom because my parents weren't good enough. He also told me I was incapable of loving. Well, I certainly don't love him.

Jan 10th, 2015

Excellent psychiatrist. Really gets to know and care about me. Wants to make sure I succeed. I trust him and know I am in good hands.

I was misdiagnosed for 2 decades - He saved my life show details I was misdiagnosed for 2 decades - He saved my life
by AK on Sep 16th, 2013

A number of psychiatrists diagnosed me as depressed. In reality I suffer from Bipolar II disorder. Contrary to the jokes and the false myths this disease is chemical and can be completely controlled with the RIGHT medications. As I said a number of (five) psychiatrists failed (three after a year). Brett worked with medications until we found the perfect balance. My very stressful and demanding life as an attorney would have been impossible without him.

am feeling much much better show details am feeling much much better
by Carolyn on Aug 24th, 2013

Dr Shurman has helped me to feel better than I have in a long time.

very happy with this doctor show details very happy with this doctor
by Caren on Jul 29th, 2013

I am a long time patient of Dr Shurman and have no complaints about him or his office. Whatever problems have happened, seem to me they are the same things that could happen in any doctor's office so I don't feel that is fair to blame on him. What I want from a doctor is to feel that my life is in good hands and that I am listened to. I trust Dr Shurman to practice good medicine and to take what I say seriously. And I am so pleased that the medications I take work since I have to say that hasn't always been the case with other doctors I have seen in the past.

very pleased show details very pleased
Jul 10th, 2013

surprised to see some of the negative reviews when my experience was the opposite. I loved Dr Shurman's bedside manner, found him to have a great understanding of my illness and the medications I need to take. He is someone I intend to see as a patient for a long time and I hope that if anyone had a poor experience it is most likely an issue of perception rather than actuality.

Dr Shurman is one of the most competent psychiatrist in the field and is excellent with medication. Excellent with families and addiction treatment. show details Dr Shurman is one of the most competent psychiatrist in the field and is excellent with medication. Excellent with families and addiction treatment.
Oct 26th, 2012

Dr Shurman is excellent with medication and is very competent in the field of addiction. I have been seen by several psychitrists over the years with no luck until now. I am able to function in every day life and stay sober thanks to Dr. Shurman.

Bad Doctor show details Bad Doctor
Sep 28th, 2012

He has a lot of mental health problems himself, he most likely takes his own medicine, he has a lot of conflict of interests, and he thinks that Resperidone is good to keep increasing on his patents who don't need it at all, he does this because he is always looking for a reaction form his patents and when he doesn't get it he gives them more poison (medicine). Thank you.

Jun 2nd, 2012

Dr Shurman is great! He truly cares about his patients. My insurance company didn't cover my medication and he advocated for me.

The bestThe best show details The bestThe best
Nov 11th, 2011

went to many doctors before finding this brilliant and caring man. He even showed up on a Sunday morning because he felts sorry for me. He offered my daughter a discounted fee if she would come. He tells you what he'd thinks and gives solutions. Yes, he is tough, but he always right

Best show details Best
Aug 21st, 2011

Dr, Shurman is the finest therapist-md I have ever gone. I had been to plenty over the years due to my daughter's issues and he is the first one that was honest, told me what to do and helped me beyond belief. He REFUSED to give me any drugs and was very cautious with my daughter. He always wants to look to the future and not talk about the past like so many others do. I constantly quote him to people who need help. He really helped change my life.

Unprofessional and Wrong show details Unprofessional and Wrong
Jun 15th, 2009

This doctor loves to give out medication. He thinks he knows everything abour you but then doesnt give a clear answer to your question. He will try to talk you into his office as much as he can. Treats you like a test patient and gives out many dangerous combination of medication that most other doctors find dangerous.