Psychiatrists

12401 Wilshire Blvd
Ste 300
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-979-7335
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  I was misdiagnosed for 2 decades - He saved my life  |  show details
by AK on Sep 16th, 2013

A number of psychiatrists diagnosed me as depressed. In reality I suffer from Bipolar II disorder. Contrary to the jokes and the false myths this disease is chemical and can be completely controlled with the RIGHT medications. As I said a number of (five) psychiatrists failed (three after a year). Brett worked with medications until we found the perfect balance. My very stressful and demanding life as an attorney would have been impossible without him.

|  am feeling much much better  |  show details
by Carolyn on Aug 24th, 2013

Dr Shurman has helped me to feel better than I have in a long time.

|  very happy with this doctor  |  show details
by Caren on Jul 29th, 2013

I am a long time patient of Dr Shurman and have no complaints about him or his office. Whatever problems have happened, seem to me they are the same things that could happen in any doctor's office so I don't feel that is fair to blame on him. What I want from a doctor is to feel that my life is in good hands and that I am listened to. I trust Dr Shurman to practice good medicine and to take what I say seriously. And I am so pleased that the medications I take work since I have to say that hasn't always been the case with other doctors I have seen in the past.

|  very pleased  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2013

surprised to see some of the negative reviews when my experience was the opposite. I loved Dr Shurman's bedside manner, found him to have a great understanding of my illness and the medications I need to take. He is someone I intend to see as a patient for a long time and I hope that if anyone had a poor experience it is most likely an issue of perception rather than actuality.

|  Dr Shurman is one of the most competent psychiatrist in the field and is excellent with medication. Excellent with families and addiction treatment.  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

Dr Shurman is excellent with medication and is very competent in the field of addiction. I have been seen by several psychitrists over the years with no luck until now. I am able to function in every day life and stay sober thanks to Dr. Shurman.

|  Bad Doctor  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

He has a lot of mental health problems himself, he most likely takes his own medicine, he has a lot of conflict of interests, and he thinks that Resperidone is good to keep increasing on his patents who don't need it at all, he does this because he is always looking for a reaction form his patents and when he doesn't get it he gives them more poison (medicine). Thank you.

|  Medicine  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

I have been having to see him for six years now and at this poing he is perscribing poison instead of antidepressants, its some kind of orange pill with 555 printed on it and is disguised as wellbutrion or some other kind of antidepressants, but its actually poison. I told the pharmacist and he just played a cover for the doctor telling me it was fine and just wellbutrion. Thanks a lot for all your help guys, really thanks. Not much.

|  show details
Jun 2nd, 2012

Dr Shurman is great! He truly cares about his patients. My insurance company didn't cover my medication and he advocated for me.

|  The bestThe best  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

went to many doctors before finding this brilliant and caring man. He even showed up on a Sunday morning because he felts sorry for me. He offered my daughter a discounted fee if she would come. He tells you what he'd thinks and gives solutions. Yes, he is tough, but he always right

|  Best  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2011

Dr, Shurman is the finest therapist-md I have ever gone. I had been to plenty over the years due to my daughter's issues and he is the first one that was honest, told me what to do and helped me beyond belief. He REFUSED to give me any drugs and was very cautious with my daughter. He always wants to look to the future and not talk about the past like so many others do. I constantly quote him to people who need help. He really helped change my life.

|  If he was 110th as good as he thinks he is  |  show details
by television T at Insider Pages on Sep 7th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Very expensive private pay psychiatrist. Has medication expertise but a horrible bedside manner, and makes terrible ethical decisions. Onl...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Shurman Brett Md is the worst psychiatrist!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 8th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Brett Shurman is the worst psychiatrist I have ever been to. After seeing him and having gone on meds that he prescribed, one day I ran out ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Unprofessional and Wrong  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2009

This doctor loves to give out medication. He thinks he knows everything abour you but then doesnt give a clear answer to your question. He will try to talk you into his office as much as he can. Treats you like a test patient and gives out many dangerous combination of medication that most other doctors find dangerous.