Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.2083333333333 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  Great Doc, Wonderful Staff  |  show details
by Mary Striewski on Apr 17th, 2014

I am glad to have Dr. Swenson as my primary care physician. He is an excellent listener with a friendly and approachable style who is also tech savvy. His office is extremely well managed and his staff is knowledgeable and efficient. I feel a sense of security knowing I can call his office and be seen in a reasonable time frame.

|  How to find a great G.P. that makes you feel comfortable  |  show details
by Tom Deragisch on Mar 14th, 2014

The staff and Dr. Swenson made me feel comfortable, the first time I walked in the door. I am recommending Dr. Swenson and his staff, to anyone needing a Medical facility that you can trust, feel comfortable with, and along with managing my health, together.

|  Top Notch MD  |  show details
by Kathy Kennedy on Dec 29th, 2013

Dr. Swenson takes his time with me & my husband. He actually listens to what we're saying. I have recommended him to several friends & neighbors.

|  WOW!  |  show details
by Happy Patient on Oct 26th, 2013

I am so thankful to my friends for referring me to a wonderful doctor and staff. My first visit I was actually acknowledged as a new patient with a warm smile and a "welcome" While getting my vitals I automatically knew the nurse I was with for the first few minutes of my visit was warm, caring, friendly, and SMILEY. No grumpy nurses here! After being escorted to a room Dr. Swenson came in and introduced himself. What a nice, caring professional! Not only did he take the time with me and my previous health history he actually set up labs and a plan of care for me. Part of that plan was be referred to a specialist. Yes, he could have gave me a list of referrals but instead he had his nurse call the top specialist and get me in the next day! All I can say is I look forward to my follow up visit and the friendly and caring staff!

|  Best find in scottsdale  |  show details
by Just moved here on Oct 4th, 2013

I was new to the area & my neighbors kept telling me there is a great family Dr down the street. They were right. My daughter had a fever & they fit me right in. What a find. Beautiful office, cheerful staff. Barely a wait-- compared to what we are used to. And Dr Swenson is fantastic. Friendly, thorough, easy with my daughter and I. We loved him!! I highly recommend Dr Swenson's office.

|  Best!!!!!  |  show details
by Danica Moore on Oct 3rd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Swenson for almost 10 years!!!!! He is amazing and his staff is the best! I have Lupus and a few other issues that need to be monitored closely and Dr. Swenson is always on top of this and takes the time to listen to me, answer all of my questions and teaches me new ways to cope with my disease and the little things associated with it. His staff is the most friendly and is always so courteous to you and is sensitive to your needs as a patient. I would and have referred friends and family members to his practice. You will not find another doctor like Dr. Swenson in Scottsdale or the surrounding area!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

|  Great doctor / terrible staff follow-up rate  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2013

Dr. Swenson has been a great doctor. Very knowledgeable, takes time to answer questions and is not rushed. But his staff never follows-up with calls related to lab results/xrays/etc and I've left messages before on the appt line and no one has ever returned my call. It gets frustrating.

|  Great, accessible PCP  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

I have been Dr Swenon's patient for 5 years and he has been in charge of managing my multiple complex medical conditions and referring and coordinating specialists. Besides the doc himself, the office staff provides very friendly and responsive care and attention. I can get an appointment with short notice and walk-in for emergencies. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Swenson et al.

|  WONDERFUL!!!!!!  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

Dr. Swenson has been our doctor for over 6 years! He is the best family practitioner I have ever had! He makes sure you are comfortable while in his office, spends an amazing amount of time with you and always makes sure you understand what is going on in regards to your health. There is no other doctor I would trust with my family and myself! The office staff is helpful and always greats you with a warm smile! Thank you doctor Swenson and everyone else in the office!!!!!

|  GREAT, CARING DR  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

ANXIOUS AND TIRED, I LEFT DR SWENSON'S OFFICE FEELING MUCH BETTER THAN I HAD IN WEEKS. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IF YOU ARE PLAIN JUST LOOKING FOR A GOOD DR.

|  Good Dr  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2010

Good Dr, fantastic office - efficient, clean, nice office. Someone I would refer anyone to. Had a great experience.

|  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

Good doctor when you there in his office. But when you not there he will never followup and never do more than was required during last visit. He has the skill. Just seems like he would rather be doing something else.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Virginia on Oct 19th, 2010

Dr Swenson is the best primary care physician I've ever had. He always takes time to discuss why he is ordering certain tests and again when explaining various treatment options. I appreciate the fact that he finds value in supporting optimal health through good nutrition and exercise, as well as with the proper prescription medications when necessary. I find him to be a knowledgeable, thorough, open-minded and patient doctor and I recommend him highly.

|  GREAT OVERALL EXPERIENCE!  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2010

Dr Swenson came highly recommended after a hospital visit to Scottsdale Healthcare and I am so grateful to find such a great family Dr near our house!! Dr Swenson is thorough, straight forward and incredibly warm and engaging. He has a great acamedic background in medicine, it was very assuring!! His staff is efficient and all smiles. On a sick day, I was able to get in right away in the morning to see his nurse practitioner, such a life saver for a mom with sick kids!! I highly recommend North Scottsdale Family Medical Center!!!

|  Highly recommend!  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2010

Just moved to the Scottsdale area and more than one person recommended Dr Swenson...so I had to call. I can see why, his office is nice, well-run and I didn't have any problems making a same-day appt for a nagging infection. Dr Swenson is kind and knowledgeable and I didn't feel rushed while I was in the exam room with him. He takes his time to answer all my questions. His nurse practitioner and staff are friendly and efficient. I registered my entire family on the spot, another great referral I need to pass on!!

|  No Followup  |  show details
by Ron D. on Jan 15th, 2010

We started seeing Dr. Swenson in a pinch and our first experience was ok. As we saw this doc more and more we discovered a few things. The staff is clueless and followup is non existent(xrays, lab work, etc...) Dealing with Dr. Sweson is ok but that staff and over all experience is bad. It is his practice so he is ultimately responsible.

|  Little things DO matter...  |  show details
by Michael S. on Jan 10th, 2010

In this day of age where our experiences with physicians become less varied and more standardized, little things end up as differences that distinguish a great practice from a mediocre one.Unfortunately, Dr. Swenson's practice lacks that final touch and falls in the latter category.Example:- The practice offers the ability to make appointments online, from their website. if you attempt to do so, good luck with any callback/confirmations, even if you leave any questions in the "talk to us" field. It falls through the cracks and you will end up having to call the office anyways, eventually delaying your appointment even later.- If you get a full physical with multiple blood/chemistry panels (including for STDs), do not expect a phone call or follow-up letter. You'll have to make an appointment for follow up, and you'll stress until then...No call to tell you that results came back okay and etc. Enjoy not knowing anything until you pay the co-pay.- If his office staff requests records from another office prior to Dr. Swenson continuing any prescription medications, don't expect a phone call informing you that they're having trouble with the records. The problem is essentially set aside until you call asking whether the prescription is ready, when they inform you that your records cannot be acquired and that you'll have to see if you can track them down. This is not necessarily their fault if another office fumbled on my records; the fact that you are not alerted to this by his office staff is a problem though. Time is wasted, you are still stuck at square 1 looking for your records, while Dr. Swenson refuses to write any prescription before acknowledging prior records (per his staff, who refused to double-check with him). Had his staff alerted me to the problem earlier, this matter would have been easily mediated before I was left without my prescription medications.- If you leave a message with his answering service on weekends, don't necessarily expect a call back. You may have to try him a 2nd or 3rd time before you even hear back anything. And usually what you will hear back is his answering service calling you back, informing you that Dr. Swenson thinks you should just walk-in on Monday. This of course, is without you ever actually talking to Dr. Swenson (or a healthcare professional, for that matter). The answering service essentially summarizes your symptoms to him and he'll make the recommendation for you to just come-in on the next business day. I'ver never heard of a physician handling calls like that.-Dr, Swenson has explained to me several times about the "allergy drops" program his office and another allergist run when talking about some sinus issues I was experiencing. Each time, I inform him that he's explained that to me before, but he seems to be quite a proponent of it and continues to push the program. Reminds me of a salesman at times. -In-office visits include 'live' charting of electronic records, so as a result, Dr. Swenson spends a decent amount of typing, staring at the screen. On the other hand, I cannot say that he spends longer within the system than other physicians I've come in contact in. Just a thought I should include.Although Dr. Swenson seems as a knowledgable physician, my experience with the practice as been somewhat moderate to poor and in fact, left me looking for another general practitioner. Keep in mind that this is just my experience and that someone else may have had a better one, but it certainly was not me...and sorry about the length of the article, but I felt I needed to voice my concerns to the public who may be considering Dr. Swenson.

|  Terrible Staff  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2009

Good enough doctor. His staff is completely unprofessional and this reflects back on him. Worst experience ever.