Obstetrician & Gynecologist
2205 19th St
Suite 200
Bakersfield, CA 93301
949-249-9200
Locations and availability (5)

• Currently 3.547619047619 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.4047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  SUCCESS  |  show details
by BT on Jan 30th, 2014

We had a failed IVF attempt with a different doctor in Orange County and started researching different doctors and stumbled across Dr. Acacio. We loved that his consultation was free and we immediately felt comfortable with how knowledgeable Dr. Acacio was at our consult. He already had our file memorized and his staff was really friendly from the beginning as well. We ended up transferring all our embryos to his office and we were super impressed with his embryologist! We started our FET process in November and here I am 10 weeks pregnant with our first baby! We couldn't be more pleased with Dr. Acacio and his staff and we will be seeing them again for our next round!

Dec 23rd, 2013

Dr Acacio is wonderful!!!! I was seeing a different doctor for 18 months prior to seeing Dr Acacio. I was desperate to have a baby. Dr Acacio reassured me that everything would be ok and I had a very good chance of conceiving. Well, he was right! I had SUCCESS and I am due in August!!! Dr Acacio's bedside manner and overall demeaner is unmatched. I am a nurse and I interact with Doctors every day. Dr Brian Acacio is so special. He is truly "one of a kind"!!

Dec 1st, 2013

Dr Acacio and his staff are wonderful, caring individuals. He is very knowledgeable and on the cutting edge of all that is infertility. Treatment for infertility is very expensive, most of which is not covered by insurance. But they will work with you and your insurance as much as possible. He is not the cheapest, but why would you want to go to the cheapest, go to the best. They will work with you to provide financing. His nurses are available day and night and he is also always available by email.

|  Three kids and counting...  |  show details
by Karah P. on Nov 19th, 2013

My husband and I truly feel blessed to have met Dr. Acacio and to have been on this infertility journey with him. We first met Dr. A two years ago--after one round of IUI, I got pregnant with twins. After their birth and we wanted more children, we knew that Dr. A would be the one to help us once again. I am now pregnant with our third child after the first round of IVF! I do not say this lightly, but Dr. A is truly the best! He is warm, kind and compassionate, and most importantly, he knows his stuff!!! You will not find a better doctor anywhere else! His staff is also amazing--Sylvia, Lauria, Karina (just to name a few)--are always there for whatever you need. You truly feel like you are part of a family there. I would recommend him to anyone I know, and I would honestly not go to anyone else for my fertility issues (even if I moved away from the area).

|  Best doctor/office!  |  show details
by Blessed on Nov 12th, 2013

My husband and I can't say enough about Dr. Acacio and his amazing staff. We initially went to Dr. A a year prior for his free consultation after we had suffered a miscarriage and he spent the time to review all of our charts and lab work and gave us the green light to try again on our own. It was wonderful to have such an objective opinion without pressure to use his services. Unfortunately, the stress from the miscarriage prolonged our trying period and by the time we checked in a year later with Dr. A, I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve. We decided not to prolong the process any longer and risk not getting pregnant, so we went forward with IVF. I am currently pregnant from our first cycle!! Dr. A and his staff were amazing throughout the entire process and my momentary "freakouts" when I thought the worst would happen. They were so supportive, listened to me, responded to my emails and calls - I just can't say enough for how much we appreciated their care. I only wish other doctors and staff lived up to this type of care for their patients. We know friends from San Diego who have driven up for their care, and heard of people from all over the world coming to him = their office is just that great :) Highly recommend! Did I mention Dr. A is actual punctual with his patients = another huge plus because, again, Dr. A and his staff respect their patients.

|  Office Supervisor  |  show details
by Mari a on Oct 24th, 2013

After few failed IVF's at another facility Dr. Acacio was able to get me pregnant on the first attempt. Unfortunately it was not successful so I went back for the second time and got pregnant again. All staff are profession and compassionate, very knowledgeable. Definitely the best choice I've made!

|  The Best of the Best in California  |  show details
by Anastasia D.M. on Sep 30th, 2013

This clinic has incredible combination of kindness and professionalism, experience and spirituality. Doctor Acacio has special gift to feel people and to create incredible humane international professional team . Our medical situation was quite complicated - habitual genetic miscarriages, our age-older than 40years both,bad IVF history.True to say, we had almost no hope.We decided to try one last time.All preparatory treatment for me and for my donor was greatly organized from the beginning. The pharmacy collaborating with Acacio clinic was also very friendly and efficient.I can not imagine better solution for my family than Acacio Fertility Center in Laguna Niguel CA.I would surely recommend this wonderful doctor and his clinic to all desperate couples because now I am pregnant with beautiful healthy twins from the first trial of transfer-2 embryos.I want to express my highest gratitude and appreciation to Dr. Brian Acacio and all his team - who made this moment possible.

|  Miracle Working  |  show details
by Nancy Ancog on Aug 22nd, 2013

If I could give Dr. Acacio and his team more than five stars I would. This place is amazing and truly makes miracles come true. My husband and I have been trying for several years to get pregnant, and after many failed attempts we decided to start fertility testing. I was diagnosis with Diminishing Ovarian Reserve, I’m only 34 years and this news was something much unexpected. The doctors at Kaiser explained to me with my results, I have what an average reproductive system of an average 40 year old. If I wanted the chance to become I mother my only option was IVF. My husband and I started researching and for doctors. We were referred to Acacio Fertility by mutual friends. From the beginning Dr. Acacio and his team were so caring and understanding with everything. Dr. Acacio is very knowledgeable and when leaving his office you have an understanding as to what the next steps are. IVF is expensive, but Dr. Acacio’s financial team is great and walks you through everything. His nursing and front office staff are incredible. Every call is answered the same day, as well as emails. I never felt alone through the process; Dr. Acacio and his team were with us through the entire process. I would recommend Acacio Fertlity over and over again to everyone, this is the best place. Oh and by the way, my husband and I are expecting twins!!!!!

|  Thank you to an amazing dr & staff!  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2013

After a devastating miscarriage, we saw another RE in Orange county and felt like we were just given lip service. The dr would never explain things and got frustrated when we would ask questions, we were just suppose to "trust" him. I'm a detail oriented person and before we wasted more money with this doctor, we decided to meet Dr Acacio. We saw the difference immediately! From the initial consult, he had taken time to actually review my medical records which is something the previous dr didn't even bother to do. Dr A is very thorough & I appreciated that he would explain things in great detail and would never rush us during appts. It made me feel more confident and comfortable going through the process knowing exactly what was going on and why. We got pregnant on our 1st frozen embryo transfer and our son was born Jan 2013. We're so grateful for all their support throughout our journey. Julie, his billing specialist, made sure we were able to maximize our insurance coverage. While there are some who may say Dr A's office is more expensive, from our experience we wasted more money at the previous drs office on unnecessary tests and appointments than we did at Dr Acacio's. In fact, one naturally timed cycle with the previous dr cost us more out of pocket (after insurance) than 2 IUIs with Dr A. The nurses were always available when I needed them day or night (thank you natalie, mona, sylvia, and sherri!). And last but not least, we can never thank Dr A enough for the amazing gift he gave us. We feel so lucky that he's local especially when others travel so far to see him. Thank you doesn't even feel like enough to express our gratitude.

|  Wonderful doctor and amazing staff!  |  show details
by LMD on Jun 2nd, 2013

Dr. Acacio and his staff are wonderful. He is patient and has a wonderful bedside manner. He explained everything to me to ensure I was comfortable with the process. His staff is amazing and incredibly caring. They worked tirelessly night and day and were genuinely heartbroken when I miscarried my first pregnancy and then they genuinely elated for us when we finally became pregnant! I'm sorry he was not able to help the person who wrote the horrible review below. Trying to get pregnant is a stressful and trying experience. However, I don't think its fair or right for the person below to make those defamatory comments on an anonymous website. Dr. Acacio and his staff helped to give us our amazing son and we could not be more grateful.

|  I have the TWINS to prove how great Dr. Acacio is!!!  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

I have been meaning to post this review for some time, as reading all the other posts help me find Dr. Acacio in the first place. My husband and I went to Dr. Acacio last year, and from the moment we met him, we knew this would be the guy who would get us pregnant. And we were right! One year later, we have 5 month old boy-girl twins to prove it! Dr. Acacio is a great guy and a consumate professional--you will feel comfortable and safe with him. I would not write this if I did not believe that he is truly the best!

|  Amazing Dr. and staff  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

Dr Acacio is AMAZING.He is caring and knowledgeableHis staff is friendly and positive.He has a very high success rate.I would recommend him to ANYONE.I have been to two fertility specialists and was able to get pregnant with each dr. The difference with Dr. Acacio is huge. He has a wonderful embroyologist who works miracles. Dr. Acacio is very communicative and very positive during a very stressful time. He helped our families dreams come true when I got pregnant with our twins. I can't thank him enough and would recommend him to anyone having fertility problems.

|  Good luck to you...  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2012

More like a used car salesman... Dr. Acacio is sweet and caring and most of all completely FAKE. As soon as they get your money the whole game changes. Dr. Acacio makes promises he cannot possibly ever keep and spent most of the beginning of his career in the same business as Dr. Geoffrey Sher. If you don't know of Dr. Sher or have not heard of him; please look him up. Dr. Acacio as well as Dr. Sher use women without their knowledge or consent as guinea pigs in doing their so called research. The embryologists he hires are useless in their own right. In fact, don't bother to ask about their qualifications; you wont ever get them. For myself, and many other of his former patients that I have had the privledge of having contact with we can all agree that spending any amount of time in Dr. Acacio's office will only earn you heartbreak beyond repair, depression, weight gain, financial catastrophe, permanent hormonal imbalance due to the drugs he uses and advertises as "safe", and most likely a near death experience. Shutting down your Thyroid is never safe ladies. It may not re-start and most likely it may not re-start ever again normally. Pumping your body full of synthetic hormones to the point of near death is fine with him. Then he takes all necessary methods to cover up his "mistakes". Dr. Acacio's promise to help you have a baby has no more merit than a used care salesman trying to sell a lemon. If you Truly want to have a baby; call your local county permanancy agency. They wont lie to you and they will deliver where as this quack only delivers heartbreak and lies.

|  Great fertility doctor  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

Dr. Acacio was referred to us by my OB/GYN because we were having fertility problems. We visited with him quite a bit, he was very short and to the point, but efficient. We first tried 3 rounds of IUI, but they failed. Dr. Acacio counseled us through each round and was very supportive any time I wanted to talk. We even chatted one time at 6am because that is the only thing that worked with my schedule! We finally tried IVF. The process was not too overwhelming because the nurses (Sheri and Sylvia) know exactly what needed to be done, when, and how. I even gave myself my first shot in the doctor's office. Going through the shots and appts was well worth it. I was fortunate enough to get pregnant on the first try, so we know we are very lucky. Dr. A makes you feel very comfortable and is supportive through the procedures. My husband really liked him too. We plan to go back to Dr A when we are ready to have our second child and do IVF. Thank you!

Nov 6th, 2011

Compassionate, involved, inclusive of patient input for treatment recommendations, flexible. Would recommend to all friends and family. No negative feedback or issues with year of treatment and successful IVF outcome.

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

The office staff are all professional very easy to talk to. Always prompt in responding to any inquiries via e-mails or phone calls. We went through 1 harvesting and fertilized 6 eggs, and we was able to get pregnant the first time with 3 eggs transferred, but ended up with a miscarriage. We went through another round 5 months later with the remaining 3 frozen embrios, and we were able to get pregnant again. I am in my 7th month now and the pregnancy is going strong! We referred a friend to his office who had unsuccessful IVF with another doctor, and after meeting with him at his free consultation, they just loved him! They are getting ready to go through their cycle in a month. We highly recommend Dr. Acacio!

|  Successful IVF  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

Dr. Acacio and his staff are the best for infertility. I have been with numerous doctors for 4 years and never got the care or results that I finally got with Dr. Acacio. I have referred many friends to him as well and they all got pregnant under his care.

|  Amazing Fertility Doctor  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2011

I am truly impressed by my experience with Dr. Acacio and his staff. They are so friendly and helpful and I have felt comfortable from the start. Due to upcoming radiation treatments the doctors advised that I go the IVF route to preserve my eggs in advance. Most patients of Dr. Acacio's are of course facing difficulties with conceiving, but I can assure that they will be treated warmly, respectfully and will more than likely have success! Thanks for everything.

|  Best Fertility Doctor and Amazing Staff  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

My experience with Dr. Acacio and his team was absolutely wonderful. My husband and I arrived at the first appointment with low expectations as we had been trying unsuccessfully for 5 years. We had tried just about everything short of IVF. We didnt think that it would be possible due to the high cost, and also we had pretty much just given up. He and his professional staff, organized meetings, and warm questions immediately impressed us. We met with Dr. Acacio first who explained how things would work and we were instantly at ease. He made constant eye contact with us, listened to everything we shared, and even made some jokes to help us feel more comfortable. He was so confident in his work that it seemed too easy that we would be pregnant in no time. We were skeptical and scared, but after an hour of his time we felt hopeful. We then met with Sylvia and she went over the timeline with us. After that we met with Lisa Acacio who went over pricing with us. Fortunately our insurance was going to cover a good portion of the cost so we decided to move forward. With each phone call, appointment, and injection we felt a strong support from each of them. We also worked closely with Sheri who helped us through the drugs and scheduling. We bonded with these people and truly felt as though they cared a great deal about us. We felt as thought they went through this whole process with us very closely, step by step. I had heard so many horror stories and I honestly can say our experience was an easy one almost enjoyable thanks to Dr. Acacio and his team- Lisa, Sheri, and Sylvia. Then.we got pregnant on the first try! Hearing the news was such a shock and incredible thrill. We had finally gotten our miracle baby. When I went to a follow up appointment I thanked Dr. A and expressed how surprised I was that it worked on the first round of IVF. He looked at me with a smile and the utmost confidence and said, That is what you came to me for, of course it would work. I just cant tell you how great that made me feel. It was so matter of fact. I couldnt help but agree! In March of this year I gave birth to our son Dylan and we are over the moon in love with him. The amount of gratitude that we feel for Dr. Acacio and his team is overwhelming. We are looking forward to having our second child next year with them. My husband and I would strongly recommend going to Laguna Niguel and working with this incredible office of people. You wont be sorry

Apr 4th, 2011

Dr. Acacio we cannot thank you enoungh! Just when we thought god had different plans for us we were given the greatest gift of all. We want to thank you and your staff for all of the hard work you do to help us feel comfortable and reasurred.

Feb 21st, 2011

Hi I am Rachel 40 years old and under IVF care of Dr. Brian Acacio. I cant say enough about my great experience with Dr. A and his incredible staff. A few months of care here and I feel like they are my extended family. I am now happily pregnant. Thanks a bunch to Dr. A, Syliva, Natalie, Sheri, Lori, Shawna, Suzanne and all others. Cheers and keep up the good work!

|  Miracle Worker!  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2011

The first time I had an IVF with a different OC RE I took the advice from Kaiser, but this time I did enough research to be pointed to the right person at the best OC facility. We've tried for ~ 7 years with 7 treatments to get pregnant and now at 39 and 2 mos away from 40, Dr. Acacio got us pregnant. The clinic runs professionally and efficiently. Dr. Acacio is busy, but he spends enough time with you and he very obviously genuinely cares about each patient. He is a kind, sensitive, caring man who chose quality people to support his business. I've never had a fertility experience that went as smoothly, where I wasn't in as much pain and I wasn't as stressed. Highly recommend!

Jan 7th, 2011

Dr. Acacio is an amazing doctor. We would have saved thousands of dollars if we went to see him first. We were trying for 4 years without success. I have a high white blood cell count, and the previous IVF doctor, Dr. Kathleen Kornafel, said that I would never be able to have kids. We were about to adopt, when Dr. Acacio told us to give it another chance. I found his office staff to be extremely professional and friendly. I am so grateful for Dr. Acacio's help.

Dec 26th, 2010

Dr. Brian Acacio and his staff provided the most attentive and the most genuinely caring support that I have ever received by a doctor's office. I was so impressed. In-vitro fertilization can be a scary process, with so many procedures and steps in the process. But Dr. Acacio made me feel comforted, educated and safe each step of the way and I am so indebted to him for giving me and my husband this gift of pregnancy.

|  IVF  |  show details
by Very Happy on Nov 21st, 2010

I knew that I was going to have a boy, I just didn't know when. I was 27 years old and thought it would be easy once we started trying. Time passed and I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks after trying for 6 months. After that we kept trying for another 2 years and with no success it just didn't seem normal. The doctors that we went to said that there was nothing wrong and to keep trying. Then we moved to California and found another doctor that said we HAD to have IVF and then, with no compassion, told us how much the treatment would cost. I thought she was kidding and appeared to only be concerned about the money. We did try artificial insemination under her care with no success. We just thought she was not doing enough for us, really didn't seem to know what she was doing, and did not seem to care. Based on this, we certainly did not want her to try anything else, so we kept searching. We tried acupuncture which certainly de-stressed my whole being, but after another two years with no success we knew we needed more help. After countless searches we read about Dr. Acacio online. He had great reviews both from a patient care perspective and his statistical success rate. We went to go see him. He reviewed my history and told me not that we could but that we would get pregnant. After 6 years, my feelings were mixed.... someone was giving us hope once more, but this time I knew it was different. I took that hope and keep holding on to it. We decided to do the IVF. Visit after visit, I realized that this doctor was the best and most compassionate doctor that I had ever encountered in my life. Right from the beginning, we found it very easy to trust him. He was very straight forward, very sincere, told us exactly what was going to happen, and always gave us probabilities on outcomes. He was human, he cared, and he understood what we were going through. Further complimenting Dr. Acacio were his nurses and staff. They were the most sensitive and caring nurses that I had ever worked with. When I saw that little heartbeat the very first time, I thought "There's my little boy. I was waiting for you for such a long time." I realized that after 6 years it was all worth it. Later we found out it was a boy. Only one word can describe our feelings to Dr. Acacio and his staff: grateful. After two years when it came time to have our second child and we were struggling once again, we went right back to Dr. Acacio without hesitation. I'm now pregnant again. I think it's a boy. We'll see in 6 short months, all thanks to Dr. Acacio and his wonderful staff.

|  highly recommended  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2010

we have seen a couple of RE to no avail for 2 1/2 yrs prior to seeing dr acacio.w/ the first meeting, we are so impressed on his professionalism,knowledge and sincerity in helping us on becoming parents. w/ just 1st treatment under his care, i am now holding our lil bundle of joy..thank you dr acacio..we are forever grateful...

|  Dr. Acacio's Professional Care  |  show details
by The Heaths on Jul 26th, 2010

We have been going to infertility specialists for over 10 years with no success. Everyone seemed to try the same cookbook of procedures w/o looking into our specific situation and what may be different about us. From the very outset, we could tell that Dr. Acacio cared and that he was looking into our unique case. We had mentally given up and resigned ourselves to being childless. If my co-worker had not told us of his amazing experience with Dr. Acacio, we would never have become parents. Dr. Acacio inspired us to try one more time and he did an entire battery of tests on both of us that none of the six other fertility specialists had bothered to do. Because of Dr. Acacio and his professional and friendly staff, we are now expecting twin bundles of joy!They have our highest recommendation and our eternal thanks.

|  So Very Thankful for Dr Acacio  |  show details
by One Happy Mom on May 20th, 2010

My husband and I failed numerous times with 2 other doctors in Orange County. We decided to give it one more try and felt that Dr Acacio, with his free consultation, would be the way to go. He exceeded our expectations from Day 1. He was prepared for our visit, he asked us questions, and actually listened to us, unlike the previous doctors. He mapped out a customized protocol specifically designed for our need. His staff was professional and caring throughout the whole process. The bottom line and using my own eggs, which other doctors said I had no chance with, we have the miracle of our lives, a little girl. Dr Acacio is the first RE I have met in our journey that I feel really cares about people and helping attain their dream of a family. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

|  THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO FOR INFERTILITY TREATMENT !!!  |  show details
by Diana S. on May 17th, 2010

My experience with Dr. Acacio and his staff was excellent! His caring and compassionate manner is exceptional. His review of my medical records and understanding of all that I've been thru in the last 4 years trying to conceive was very comforting - I left my first consultation knowing that through his team approach my immunologic problems would be diagnosed and there could be treatment available. The nursing and office were great. The moment you meet the clinical manager you will know you are in very capable hands. I now feel my journey to becoming pregnant is closer than ever before.

|  Best Doctor in the world!  |  show details
by Darlene S. on Feb 5th, 2010

Dr Aacio is by far the best RE in the world! He is very smart and very knowledgeable! He works the hard infertility cases and still achives high success rates! His bedside manner and those of his staff are top notch!! I always felt well cared for and they made me feel like part of their family. They truly had my best interest at heart. I am happy to report I had twin boys ten months ago with the help of Dr A. I've recommended my friends, neighbors, co-workers to his office and I'm sure they will achieve success as well. Dr A is truly the BEST!

by Sheri on Feb 3rd, 2010

The kindest doctor I have ever met. He helped my husband and me have a beautiful, healthy baby girl. We had been to two other specialists and had gone through many unsuccessful treatments before seeing Dr. Acacio. I am eternally grateful to him.

|  Much better with your own place  |  show details
by Lauren S on Oct 8th, 2009

Dr. Acacio is no longer with Sher Institute. His office is called Acacio Fertility Center. The previous 2 reviewers must have encountered Sher's staff, because when we visited Acacio Fertility Center last year (2008), the staff and the ambience there were exceptional..... I am glad that he finally has a practice that bears his own name, and has full control over all aspects of quality and customer service. I highly recommend this fertility center because of its high success rate and personalized attention. by the way, this Glendale site is way obsolete... can someone fix it please?

|  The Money Pit  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2008

The office staff are extremely rude. They lack accountability. Dr. Acacio "tries" to make up for thier shortcomings. With the thousands of dollars one spends...one has to wonder why the DOCTOR doesn't fix his problems.

|  Doctor Good - Staff poor  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2008

Dr Acacio was very helpful when I did see him, but the staff in Glendale was terrible to deal with. They were rude and unfriendly. They made me feel terrible when they gave me the wrong directions for medications that was very important for the proceedures and then blamed me. Dr Acacio tried to make things better, but it cost my family thousands of dollars. They were very adamant and rude about having their money and insensitive to the people who were paying for them to be employed. Next time I am going to another office.

|  Kind Dr. Awful staff and mgmt company.  |  show details
by A concerned patient on Mar 21st, 2008

Dr Acacio is extremely kind, however his staff is excessivly lacking in all areas. In addition one has to deal with Inova mgmt company for billing. I was constantly over billed and the staff was rude more times than not. In addition several "mistakes" were made that were apologised for but in the end cost my family in the thousands of dollars and even more in heartache costs. In the end it is the responsibility of the Dr. to police his staff.