A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Brian Akrami:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Brian Akrami is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Brian Akrami, DO is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Akrami graduated from Midwestern University, Downers Grove.
Dr. Akrami has 22 hospital affiliations:
- Advocate South Suburban Hospital
- St Alexius Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akrami accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Cigna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 13 plans
- Humana - 16 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Brian A. Akrami practice?
Dr. Brian Akrami practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Vascular Surgery near Columbus, IN.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL.
See Columbus Internists, Columbus Cardiologists, and Columbus Surgeons.