Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

3.0

May 22nd, 2013

I was sent to Dr. Berger several years ago because I had a hemorrhage in my eye. His bedside manner wasn't great, but his knowledge and skill made up for it. Now when I see him, we talk and joke. If it is a choice between quality of care and a doctor that wants to chit-chat over nothing... I'll take quality of care; vision is too important.

A Positive Experience! show details A Positive Experience!
Jul 12th, 2011

My wife has a history of retinal problems. We are new to the Austin area, and when a new situation occurred we were referred to Dr. Berger by our optometrist. After seeing some of the negative comments here, we were concerned and a bit reluctant to see him. We are happy to report that the concerns were completely unfounded. We found Dr. Berger to be courteous, thorough and competent, and his staff was extremely helpful. Recommended.

Dr. Berger show details Dr. Berger
May 2nd, 2011

Dr. Berger is a brilliant doctor. He saved my eyes on three occasions. His reputation among other Ophthalmologists is consistently at the top. In fact, they are frequently in awe of him and his work. Although he is quiet and mild mannered, he is extremely conscientious and direct. His surgical skill is number one.

Awful show details Awful
Jan 21st, 2010

Nice staff. Worst bedside manner ever.

Beware! show details Beware!
Feb 24th, 2009

Dr. Berger is a very smart doctor and talented surgeon. However, he has been very demeaning to me and even to his own staff while in the room with me. His employees all seem to walk on eggshells around that office, but are all very nice and seem to try to make up for Dr. Berger's lack of communication skills (or lack of caring?). I found out that after waiting for a scheduled appointment for OVER 2 HOURS in a packed waiting room, mid-morning, that Dr. Berger had left the office to get a haircut! Are you kidding me? I have also heard through the grapevine about unethical practices in both his research and clinic practice (i.e., recommending studies or procedures that aren't necessary) for financial gain. So, make sure you ask lots of questions, and research your options!

Jan 21st, 2009

Both visits to him were poor; didnt seem to care or want to help with my problem. Will not go back.

Good doctor, bad communicator show details Good doctor, bad communicator
Jan 20th, 2009

I have been with Dr. Berger for several years now. I have a mixed review of him. I think I am getting the care that I need, but often am frustrated by the way he communicates. I have to rely on his great staff to explain things. I know that if I were to need surgery I would want him on the job. However, I am find myself questioning his diagnosis and treatment because of his lack of communication.

DANGER! show details DANGER!
by Citysearch User on Oct 24th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

Be very careful...Dr. Berger is very talented, but has his financial interest in mind over that of the care of his patients. You would not ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com