Brian L Badman, MD
American Health Network Bone & Spine
5250 E Us 36
Avon, IN 46123
(317) 208-3866
Locations and availability (8)

|  Surgery was very successful  |  show details
by James @ Sara LoRusso on Apr 7th, 2014

We wanted to thank Dr Badman, our daughter Paula had a bad broken elbow she just had her second surgery, Dr Badman sat down with us and discussed a plan to re-pair the damage, Dr Badman and his staff were very helpful compassionate friendly, Dr Badman is just wonderful so kind very patience, Dr Badman and his staff we thank you for the loving care you gave Paula.

|  Best Shoulder doc  |  show details
by John on Nov 9th, 2013

Doc is great. Bedside manner bar none. Excellent job on me. Thanks! See this guy if have bad shoulder!

by Julie Gordon on May 1st, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Badman, for rotator cuff surgery or any shoulder injury. He explained the procedure thoroughly. He followed up personally. I have never waited more than 5 minutes for any appointments. My shoulder is doing great following his plan has made my recovery pain free, for me!!

by SC on Apr 13th, 2013

I wanted to thank Dr. Badman and his staff for an excellent outcome. I had a partial replacement that never got rid of my pain. I was worried that I might have to live with that pain the rest of my life. I was very depressed and was giving up the things I enjoyed including lifting my grandbabbies. Dr Badman revised my shoulder to a reversal. My rotor cuff was in bad shape. I am now five years out from the revision and continue to be pain free other than the occasional soreness. I can't thank this man enough.

|  Great Outcome  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

My shoulder was in bad shape. I had pain for many years. I had seen several other doctors in the area and was never quite comfortable with them. It was recommended I see Dr. Badman from a friend at church who he had done surgery on and was doing very well I might add. I saw him on a Thursday in Carmel and was very comfortable with him. He used an ultrasound and looked at my shoulder with me and diagnosed a torn rotor cuff. I finally had it fixed and I am feeling great. I had minimal pain despite being told it was the "worst experience imaginable" by several friends. I am very pleased with Dr. Badman's care and would recommend him to anyone!

Jun 1st, 2012

n Overall experience was very satisfactory.No wait time. excellent surgeon. surgery was very successful.No havepain following procedure. Great and sincere follow up. I have every confidence in him. I will and have highly recommended him.

|  It's about time someone got it right!  |  show details
May 11th, 2012

I had been having severe shoulder pain for many many years. I was told it was everything from bursitis to inflammation to a torn cuff. I took medications, tried therapy and even got a shot in my shoulder. None of it helped. My family doctor recommended that I see Dr. Badman to see if he could make a diagnosis. Sure enough, Dr. Badman did an examination and ultrasound right there in his office and said that he didn't think it was a shoulder problem. He thought the pain was coming from my neck. He ordered an MRI of my neck and found a herniated disc in my neck. He personally called me with the results and said that he would send me to a neck specialist. I am now scheduled for surgery on my neck to take care of the pain. God Bless Dr. Badman for taking the time to find out what was really wrong.

|  Surgery was a success  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

After having 3 shoulder surgeries with other surgeons, I was told after my last surgery that nothing more could be done for my shoulder. While seeing my family doctor I mentioned that my shoulder was still bothering me but I knew that nothing could be done about it and that I had to learn to live with it. He recommended that I see Dr. Badman and see if he had something to offer me to help my shoulder. After my initial appointment with Dr. Badman, an MRI was ordered and when Dr. Badman gave me the results and told me that he could fix my shoulder I was so happy. I thought that I was going to have pain for the rest of my life but he immediatley pin pointed the problem and told me that it could be repaired. I have had surgery and am well on my way to recovery. I have significantly less pain than I have in the last 10 years and I am only 6 weeks out from surgery. I can't wait to completely be healed and start doing some of the things that I was told I would never be able to do again. Thank you Dr. Badman!!!!!!

|  Finally, a doctor that listens  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

I can't tell you how many doctors I have seen that do not take the time to listen to me. I saw Dr. Badman as a recommendation of my friend. I had heard he had been with OrthoIndy in the past and have never had a good experience there. Being skeptical, I went to see him. He was very thorough and I was extremely impressed at his ability to just listen to all my complaints about my legs. The other doctors I had seen always just focused on one complaint and never seemed to care about the other issues. Through just an injection and some prescribed therapy my leg (hip,knee) pain is gone. I wish other doctors could model their bedside manner off of Dr. Badman and am so thankful for what he has done.

|  Highly recommened!!!  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

Injured my shoulder two years previous with no doctor offering any help after seeing three different doctors!! Terre Haute doctor gave referral to see Dr. Badman. After viewing xrays he immediatley sat down with me and discussed a plan to repair damage. Dr. Badman and staff were and still are very helpful,compassionate and friendly.My sholder is healing but most of all it is a relief to finally have the answers and repair to my shoulder I have needed for two years!Also, the hospital that the surgery was performed at was amazing with the care and friendliness they offered to me! I have MS and see a great amount of doctors and I am here to tell you that Dr. Badman and his staff are absolutely wonderful!!

Oct 19th, 2011

I came to see Dr. Badman for my wrist. I had Xrays done right there in the office. He went over them in detail and recommended an injection. I have a fear of needles but he and his staff were so nice and the injection wasn't bad. His staff even called me to check on me later that day because they knew how scared I was. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Got in Same Day  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2011

I was having shoulder pain and called my primary care doctor to see if I could get an appointment with him. When I called they offered for me to come in and see Dr. Badman the same day. I could not believe it. I went in that afternoon, had X-rays of my shoulder and saw Dr. Badman and got an injection all on the same day.

Oct 1st, 2011

I got in right away, had xrays right by the room I saw the Dr in and needed a MRI which was scheduled at the same office and done the next day. Great service. Scheduled for surgery already and all my questions were answered.

Sep 30th, 2011

Dr. Badman knew exactly what was wrong with my elbow and how to fix it. I did exactly what he told me to and my pain was gone. He has such a great bedside manner and spent time with me to answer all of my questions. I highly recommend him!

|  Excellent Shoulder Doctor  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2011

I came to see Dr. Badman about my painful shoulder. I am 75 years old and my shoulder has hurt for many years. I had seen a few other doctors at OrthoIndy and always felt rushed and never seemed to get along with them. Dr. Badman entered the room and at first I must admit I was surprised at how young he looked. Luckily I had several friends that had recommended I see him. He was very thorough and made the assessment that the other doctors made thru multiple xrays just by examnining my shoulder. In fact, he was the first that actually did a full exam of my arm. He discussed all options and unfortunately I had done most of the non surgical options and we decided shoulder replacement was best. I am now recovering and am so glad I went thru with it. It feels better than it has in ages and I know it will continue to improve. I strongly recommend Dr. Badman to anyone with bad arthritis of their shoulder.

|  BEST IN TOWN  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2011

I had horrible shoulder pain and tried to avoid the doctor because of previous bad experiences with doctors. Dr. Badman was highly recommended to me by a friend and so I went to see him just as a consultation. Dr. Badman told me what the problem was and helped me to try to make the pain and mobility better without surgery, and it helped for awhile but in the end I needed to have surgery and did and I am so happy I did! I feel better than I have in years and have full motion back of my shoulder. Dr. Badman is not only an excellent surgeon, I consider him a friend.

|  a Savior  |  show details
by Russell Payton on Nov 5th, 2009

I was in unbearable pain yet all other surgeons told me I was too young for a replacement . Dr. Badman performed a hemi-replacement and my pain level dropped from a 9-10 to a 1-2 -I am off pain meds for the first time in 5 years .