Dr. Brian Barnard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brian Barnard?

My wife and I

Posted on November 2nd, 2017

I went to Dr. Barnard in 2012 after another unnamed ortho in Lake Mary in 2011 left my broken wrist and torn right shoulder as "something I'd have to live with." Dr. Barnard took care of my broken wrist, then addressed my torn up shoulder. I am back lifting weights for several years now, and have full range of movement with my right arm, all pain free. Last year, my wife tore ligaments in her shoulder and there was no one else I'd consider to care for her. Dr Barnard gave her the choice of operation soon or potential future shoulder replacement. Dr Barnard operated on my wife's shoulder and she, too, is pain free and has full range of movement with her arm, enabling her to complete her [personal choice] two hour daily exercise workout with weights with ease. I have complete faith and trust in Dr Barnard's diagnosis and surgery, and consider my family very fortunate to have gone with his services.

Posted on January 23rd, 2016

Dr. Barnard performed surgery on my shoulder and will be doing my other shoulder. Outstanding physician and surgeon.

Highly recommend

Posted on October 15th, 2015

After a minor trip and fall ended in a crazy bad fracture . He fixed it !! I've had minimal pain, great motion and I'm doing great. The man is gifted.

Perfect ROM on shoulder

Posted on September 3rd, 2015

Dr. Barnard is a superior surgeon. He not only diagnosed my difficult case, when faced with additional serious problems than hadn't showed on the x-rays and MRI, he corrected everything. Going in, all he knew was injured was my rotator cuff. After the surgery, he stated my rotator cuff was shredded and a near catastrophic injury. He had to sew the shreds together and attached them with clips to the bone, other bones had to be shaved, also to make my shoulder work properly. Many surgeons would not have gone the extra mile to make sure my shoulder would be perfect. Thank goodness he did. When other medical professionals or those who've had shoulder surgery ask how is my range of motion, I just swing my arm in all directions and they are amazed. My ROM is perfect.

Not a good experience.

Posted on August 28th, 2015

Be sure to only talk about the major item that you have set up the appointment for. You'll be coming back in for another appointment for what you needed. Not a good experience.

He likes to cut

Posted on August 25th, 2015

He likes to cut. Will say it needs to be done now.

Great doctor with a great staff

Posted on April 28th, 2015

Excellent results after my shoulder replacement. Very impressed by Doctor Bernard and his staff

Horrible Experience

Posted on March 11th, 2015

Uncaring, short-tempered and rude.

Disappointed

Posted on August 25th, 2014

I read good reviews here and had looked forward to my appointment. I waited over an hour to see him. I didn't mind that because I thought he was taking the time needed caring for someone and I would receive the same. But he was with me less than five minutes. He asked questions that showed he had not heard something I just finished telling him. I left with my questions unanswered.

Posted on January 29th, 2014

Dr. Bernard's level of experience and knowledge is unmatched, He and his assistant have been excellent at preparations for surgery and aftercare. I highly recommend getting your shoulder replacement done by him. Thank you for getting me back in golf

Posted on March 22nd, 2013

Do your research as I did.. Dr Barnard comes highly recommended by local hospital, therapists, and PCP, I finally have use of an arm that was previously told could not be repaired. Thank you Dr Barnard and his clinic staff caring for me through it all.

Posted on March 7th, 2013

Expect a long wait (avg. 1 hr) after your scheduled appointment. Torn Labrum surgery was not succesfull. Still in pain 1 year later, now I have possible nerve damage with continous muscle spasms on biscep. At first, he will come across as a knowledgeable "nice" doctor but unfortunately he's overconfident in his surgery skills and after surgery did not give clear instructions and limitations for re-hab yet blamed the problem on the physical therapist. Side arm lift versus external rotation is not the same thing. After 6 months the arrogance came accross, did not want to believe the labrum was re-torn and denied he did anything wrong and then misled me in the actual recovery time. At first saying it normally takes 4 to 6 months, then lies and says he didn't say that because it takes up to 9 months for the anchors to heal but kept me in re-hab making the problem worse. I've lost all trust in this Doctor and will have to seek another shoulder specialist to fix the botched up surgery.