Dr. Brian Bear MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Rockford, IL

March 25th, 2017
Saw dr bear twice first time he was very nice and helpful the second time I notified him that I was waiting to have surgery he coped an attitude and after waiting over an hour for my apt he didn't give me the time of day I asked him a question about my hand and he told me to look it up on the internet so I did would not recommend him he's is arrogant

December 14th, 2016
not going to find any better. he did a fantastic job.

September 1st, 2016
Great Doctor!!!
Dr. Bear has done 5 different hand surgeries on my hands. I am thankful for his skill and the excellent team he has. Beyond question, one of the best in my opinion.

March 10th, 2016
I have back the use of my whole left hand after 20 years of only having the thumb and forefinger. I can put my hand in my pocket and a glove. I can clap. I can pick up a glass or a hammer. Dr. Bear is an excellent surgeon.

April 21st, 2015
Dr. Bear did an awesome job on my elbow surgery. I have had no discomfort or pain and my rehab is going great.

September 23rd, 2013
Know your patient
Dr. Bear did a hand surgery on me for a work comp. injury. Every time I went to see him it was like it was the first time he had seen me. After surgery I still had the same pain I started with that he said would be gone and now said I had to live with it. I also had a complication that involved another part of my hand and elbow. He refused to put it though work comp. and said that the surgery did not cause it. I think his ego got in the way of good patient care. When I said that I didn't agree, his answer was I should take my records and get a second opinion. I did just what he suggested and found that my problems were related to the surgery that Dr. Bear did. Workmans compensation also had no problem paying my new Dr. for the surgery I now needed. I think that Dr. Bear needs to be more concerned about his patient and not what the insurance company is going to say or whether or not he made a mistake. I would not recommend Dr. Bear to anyone.

December 20th, 2009
I have been an RN for 32 years and I have worked with physicians as a staff nurse as well as a nurse administrator. Dr Bear is excellence personified. He is knowledgeable, approachable, collaborative, and caring. I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.

August 17th, 2009
best doc ever
this doc saved my son'ts life 7 years ago after an auto accident. he was very caring and spoke to you like a regular person so you could understand everything. i love this man and even travelled 70 miles one way in the terrible chicago winters to get aftercare for my son.he is the best!