Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 1.9677419354839 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  HORRIFIC!  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2014

18/07/14 - HORRIFIC STAFF! I've RUDELY been hung up on NUMEROUS TIMES & my voicemails ignored by Marta & Diana Lee, Dr. Berelowitz's staff!! How Dr. Berelowitz has not fired them yet is BEYOND ME?!?! They cancelled THREE appointments on ME & now I can't get in to see the Doctor AT ALL! My health is poor due to hyperthyroidism & there are no more Doctors here in Vegas that will take my insurance that are taking new patients!! Now what do I do? Wait to die because Dr. Berelowitz has a completely incompetent staff?! My Husband is also so upset over this because he knows I URGENTLY need medical care. I waited 7 months for a first time appointment & they had to reschedule me! Then they had to cancel my RESCHEDULED appointment! Dr. Berelowitz, PLEASE hire better staff & please fix your "system" because it simply is not working! I'm currently without an endo now & these rude women keep hanging up on me! I'm livid!

|  Diabetes pt  |  show details
by Barry on Feb 26th, 2014

The best and smartest endocrinologist in Vegas.

|  Patient  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2013

Dr. Brian is the best Endocrinologist ever! Been his patient forever! However, I never can get a live person to answer their phone. I never get callbacks for appointment requests. I can call for months and never get a callback. When I call and ask to speak directly to Dr. Brian they refuse to let me speak to him or to have him return my calls. I have email, phoned, left messages and cannot get anyone to speak to me. My illness can be the death of me and his staff does not take it seriously

|  Worth the wait to get an appointment, best doctor I've ever seen  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2013

Initially I decided to see another doctor as the wait time to get an appointment for a new patient was close to 6 months. I realized that I needed a better doctor and scheduled an appointment and waited to see Dr. Berelowitz. He spent well over an hour with me, took an extremely detailed medical history and gave me a thorough examination. He detected a potentially serious heart issue that none of my other doctors noticed. During this visit Dr. Berelowitz ordered an ECG that was administered immediately and it confirmed my need to have my heart issues evaluated by a cardiologist. I would highly recommend Dr. Berelowitz as he listens to his patients' issues, is compassionate and knowledgeable.

|  Unprofessional Staff  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2013

My review echoes the previous review of 2/14/13. I received letter about office moving,& called to try & schedule appt, staff said they would call to schedule appt when new office opened... never received that call. Now blood sugars ( type 1 ) out of control (500,s) & tried calling, left message after message took 2wks for office staff ( Matt Dr B's scheduler) to call back only to tell me I can't get in to see him til NOVEMBER! I can't imagine that if Dr B was aware of that, that he would allow any patient too wait 4 months with BS that high. Regardless if he is the BEST endo in NV his office staff is going to ruin his reputation . I am now searching for another endocrinologist .

|  Disillusioned patiend  |  show details
by Disillusioned patient on Feb 14th, 2013

The ability for this office to handle patients in an organized respectful manner has decreased dramatically. They recently moved offices and claimed they sent letters (which I never received). Their phone number is now disconnected with no forwarding message as to their new number. Appointments were canceled at the end of the year during their move and their office staff told you that you would get a call in early Jan to reschedule which never happened. They wouldn't even guarantee that they would still be accepting the same insurance. You have to chase their new number down to pratically beg for an appointment and the appoinment person says "like" every other word with an attitude problem.

Jan 21st, 2013

Dr. Berelowitz is an excellent doctor, however, being a patient there is very frustrating. When you are actually finally able to see him, the experience is typically good, howeverl, I am not sure it is worth continual appointment shifting. I have had several appts canceled only to get rescheduled for months from then! Their office makes you feel like you're lucky to be there rather than a valued patient. You jump through hoops to see the "best" endocrinologist in town but the headache is not always worth the care you get.

Mar 22nd, 2012

wonderful doc

|  Dr. B is a genius  |  show details
by intohealth at Citysearch on Dec 30th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Berelowitz, is a brilliant and compassionate man. His bedside manner is wonderful. If your`re stressed out he`ll put your mind at ease. Yes, his waiting room is packed but you wouldn`t know it by the quality and level of care he provides. I wish I knew his mother`s secret for raising phenomenal men. We mom`s of today could learn a thing or two from her.

Oct 21st, 2011

Dr Berelowitz has trested my son since he was 4yrs old he is now 22 yrs old the care from Dr Berelowitz was the best then and still is thank you Dr Berelowitz for saving my sons life.

Jul 23rd, 2011

Dr. Berelowitz is a very caring provider with a wealth of knowledge and experience. He is very passionate, personable and listens and has a pleasant disposition. He cares about his work and his patients, which often leads him to spend additional time with each, as he wants to make sure that you understand the treatment goals. We all know, this means that the wait time for those in the lobby maybe longer, but his visit is definately worth the wait. If he is running behind, the front office staff is careful to advise you of the time delay. If the wait is longer than expected, you are given the option of rescheduling or waiting. Thanks to Dr Berelowitz for his candor and humor. Cherie

|  Fantastic doctor who saved my life  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

Dr. Berelowitz is a "doctor's dr." He is one of the 6 top endocrinologists in the US. He is extremely knowlefgeable, precise and detailed, and listens to you. He takes the time to ask in-depth questions, follow-up, and explain things and answer questions. He knew exactly what thyroid disease I had and saved my life-I had weeks to live.The receptionist is newer, is courteous and it is easier to make an appt. Nancy Ramsey MSN,CNS, RN

|  A very satisfied patient  |  show details
May 30th, 2011

Excellent Doctor!Excellent referrals, takes his time to listen to every concern you have and always quick to recommend more information on anythiong you need to know about. I have been with him for over 12 years.His staff is also very good. returns calls within a resonable time and actually does what they promise to do. calling in refills, contacting insurance etc.

|  Waited a year to schedule apt then they canceled it  |  show details
by lostgold at Citysearch on Apr 29th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I believe he is a good doctor however....When I tried to schedule an apt a year ago, the office said I could schedule when I received a postcard in the mail which was 3-4 months later..... The first available apt after I received the card when I called was 9 months later.... I made that apt. 2 weeks before my apt they called to say Dr Berelowitz was going on vacation for a month and would not be around for my apt. They then scheduled my apt for another another 3 months in the future. I`m sure the care might be good but when you can`t get an appointment or the appointment is canceled on their end... well... it doesn`t make much difference what the quality might be.

|  Patient's Mom  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

Dr. Berelowitz is the best Endocronologist in Nevada. Everyone will tell you that. We went to him after going to another endocronologist, Dr. Berelowitz is kind, caring and very very knowledgeable, he is the greatest!!

|  Excellent is an understatement  |  show details
by Patricia Nicoson on Feb 23rd, 2011

I have been seen by this doctor for over ten years now. He is caring,listens to what you have to say, address your problems one by one, makes suggestions, not demands,always has the up to date knowledge on new prescriptions and does follow up testing to make sure the meds are working well.The wait time in the office is a little long but worth it. A good doctor doesn't rush through his patients. Dr. Berelowitz is beyond excellent in my opinion.

|  The Rudest Office I have ever been involved with  |  show details
by ATHatcher at Citysearch on Nov 5th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I had an appointment scheduled for today, which I have waited over four months for. They called this morning and cancelled the appointment because they did not have medical records on file for me. Typically, doctors request records but this was obviously my responsibility and although I had records to bring, they cancelled the appointment. I have been with some of the best doctors at the University of PA Medical Center, as well as Joslin in Boston so this office does not impress me and told them they did not need to worry about me rescheduling. I will go to a GP to handle my Type 1 Diabetes and thyroid condition before I would waste my time with this office again.

|  Too much trouble getting appointment  |  show details
by Greg Roehm on Oct 1st, 2010

This doctor and the staff is excellent, however, I have had my appointment cancelled on more than one occasion, a major incovenience. There are entirely too many patients for this doctor and it causes problems to include waiting too long to get into the office.

Jun 11th, 2010

It is extremely difficult to reach a live person when calling the office. You are prompted by the answering machine to leave a name and number. You have a 50-50 chance of anybody calling you back by the next business day! They need to have a human answering the phone!

by Mary Ann Webb on Jun 1st, 2010

Dr. Berelowitz is the best Endocrinologist in Las Vegas. He is very knowledgeable, thorough, professional and personable. I highly recommend Dr. Berelowitz and wish there were more doctors like him.

|  To Many Patients  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2010

He's a real joke.

Dec 6th, 2009

Excellent doctor - great staff - can be difficult to get an appointment but only because he is so busy and takes his time with his patients - does not rush thru the appointment and has great follow-up

|  Berelowitz Brian Md is THE BEST DOC in town!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 1st, 2009 on insiderpages.com

This wonderful doctor found out multiple problems for me and changed my life. I could never say enough great things about him. He went way ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Why would you want to see anyone else  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 4th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

an outstanding doctor. Extremely knowledgeable and caring. Extremely accurate and thorough with testing. Hated moving out of state and leavi...

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by lahinote at Citysearch on Jan 27th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Berelowitz is a great doctor and a caring man. He has been treating me for thyroid cancer for several years. He does always does a ""neck check"" at each visit and orders bloodwork and ultrasounds as needed. He is always willing to take time to explain my treatment plan and the results of any testing I have had done. His office staff and nurses are great! They are very friendly and helpful. Because he is so good, he is very busy. I have had to wait in the office for about 45 minutes once or twice. I have no problem waiting because I know that I am getting treated by the best endo in town. I would recommend him to anyone who has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer.

by lahinote on Jan 27th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Berelowitz is a great doctor and a caring man. He has been treating me for thyroid cancer for several years. He does always does a "neck check" at each visit and orders bloodwork and ultrasounds as needed. He is always willing to take time to expla

|  Excellent Endocrinologist  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 15th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Berelowitz is an excellent endocrinologist. He is very well educated on the newest diabetic treatments and is a kind and understanding ...

|  First Visit  |  show details
by Guy Cottino on May 29th, 2008

I was highly impressed with Dr. Have only seen him once, but he was the most thorough of any doctor I have ever seen. Well worth the long wait to get an appointment - I understand why it is so long, as he is so good. I look forward to having him as my Dr.

|  Any other transgender see this doctor  |  show details
by TransguyJace at Citysearch on Apr 15th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have an appointment in August with him and I asked if I could find out if he requires a letter from a therapist before he will issue T. the lady told me that I would have to wait until August to find out. I will have been living as male for six months by the time I go see him. So I figure that should be ""good enough"" . I also wanted to know how he is with the trans community.

by TransguyJace on Apr 15th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by mytwoqtz at Citysearch on Mar 31st, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr Berelowitz is a wonderful doctor. He is VERY efficient, very dedicated. He treated me for my thyroid condition while I was pregnant and even though they have a long line of new patients wanting to see him, he saw me right away due to my condition. The only negatives I have, however, is that they over book. I have yet to go there and wait any less than an hour, sometimes I have been there for three hours! The office waiting room is very small and often times people are standing cause there aren`t enough seats. Plus, he only has an office in Summerlin. That being said, I think he is worth the drive and a reasonable wait. He is excellent.

by mytwoqtz on Mar 31st, 2008 on citysearch.com

by lvsinner on Feb 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have been to several endocrinologist here in Vegas over the years for ongoing treatment of a thyroid condition. This definitely has to be one of the most competent practitioners in this city. Dr. Berelowitz thoroughly reviewed/discussed my medical his

|  Quality Physician  |  show details
by lvsinner at Citysearch on Feb 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have been to several endocrinologist here in Vegas over the years for ongoing treatment of a thyroid condition. This definitely has to be one of the most competent practitioners in this city. Dr. Berelowitz thoroughly revieweddiscussed my medical history with me as a new patient. He took the time to explain procedures and address my concerns.