Dr. Brian Bosworth Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Brian Bosworth?

Good guy, great doctor, fantastic results

Posted on November 10th, 2015

I've had to deal with Crohn's since I was a child. Several misdiagnoses and some really horrible doctors never really got things under control. During an intense flare-up, my previous doctor wanted to put me on a heavy dose of steroids and then a course of very expensive immuno-suppressents (which he would gladly administer in his swanky NYC office). My wife found the Roberts IBD center and got me in to see Dr. Bosworth. My life changed for the better under his treatment. Instead of an invasive and drastic course of medicine with lots of side effects, we took a very considered path with a cocktail of different things. Eventually, things were under control and I've enjoyed several years of remission. He is a smart, smart guy who does the right thing. I can't recommend him highly enough. Also, I don't agree with the complaints about the office staff- they have been great. He's tough to see and you have to schedule appointments way in advance. But he's worth it.

Dr. is good, Office Staff is horrible

Posted on May 1st, 2015

Dr. is very good. The office staff is horrible. Never return calls and when you speak to them, there are annoyed and nasty. I hate to leave because of the staff, but too many office mistakes to continue going there

agree with the negative reviews

Posted on August 28th, 2014

went to dr bosworth this summer for an annual visit. i have had my crohn's under control. he changed my medicines which resulted in a flare up. i called office 3x before the physician assistant finally called late in the day. i asked for some medicine to stop the flare up & she said absolutely not. i asked to speak with the doctor. she said she would call me back. that didn't happen. i called the emergency after hours number & finally got a call back from the PA again who refused to put the dr on & offered me no course of treatment. how do you run a practice like this?

Posted on January 7th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Bosworth's for a year and while my first experience was brief. Recently I have encountered nothing but frustration with the office. I have tried to see the doctor for the past two months and never was able to. Instead they had me see the RN. The RN provided me with a list of things to do to address my SIBO, as per Dr. Bosworth's recommendation. I had reactions to what was prescribed, contacted the office for over a week and had no response until I told the receptionist it was unethical and unacceptable to wait for over a week for a response. I finally spoke to another RN, they prescribed me antibiotics and I had a reaction to the medication. I called with urgency to ask what to take instead since I broke out in hives and I received no answer. I am still waiting for a response and my symptoms continue for over two months now. This office has mediocre care. Shame on the practice and Corneill for allowing such behavior to exist.

Disorganized practice that impacts patient care

Posted on May 22nd, 2013

I was very unhappy with the medical care I received at the office. It is extremely difficult to reach the doctor when needed. There seems to be very little communication in the office and each health care provider that comes in to see you while you are there does not bother to look at charts or notes and this impacted my care. Although the doctor is a very nice person the practice is disorganized. The nutritionist recommended foods and supplements that were against the treatment of my other medical conditions. I was told this by my other doctor who told me to immediately stop the items recommended. The doctor never forwarded my records or sent notes to other doctors in my charts even though I was a surgical patient and he was brought in to help manage meds. with my GI condition. I was prescribed a medication that my surgeon said would not be used post op due to bleeding risks. The doctor never communicated with my surgeon despite the fact that I ask that he communicate with my team.

Please don't go see this doctor

Posted on April 4th, 2013

Dr. Bosworth has a reputation in the hospital for not returning phone calls or following up with patients. His diagnoses were inaccurate and I had a life-threatening condition that was finally caught by a different doctor I decided to go see in NJ. I almost lost my life due to Dr. Bosworth's disinterest and lack of comprehensive testing. Please don't let this happen to you. I strongly urge you to see a different doctor.

Poor follow up. Would not recommend this doctor.

Posted on March 22nd, 2012

I had a Colonoscopy and Endocscopy done with this doctor. After the procedure nobody cared to followed up with me. I had to call multiple times to be able to speak with his Physician Assistant, who told me on the phone that I do not have to come back for a follow up visit and that everything was great. 6 months later my Primary Care Physician still did not get procedure report. I finally got it myself. Apparently there was some mild abnormalities that were not communicated to me as well as some tissue sample that was sent for pathological evaluation and I do not have report of this till this day. But he practices a great defensive medicine, because each page of his report states that patient was instructed to follow up with him in 2 weeks. I was not!!! I was specifically told not to come back by his Physician Assistant. Stay away from this one.

Thinks to much of himself which comes across arrogant

Posted on March 19th, 2012

Lack of Compassion

Posted on January 30th, 2012

Dr Bosworth saw me in the hospital, did a procedure and then never came to see me again. When I saw him in the office and his diagnosis in hospital was not borne out by biopsy he seemed to lose interest. His workup was very incomplete and sjowed a lack of interest or concern for my case. i strongly urge uou not to see him

Posted on September 3rd, 2011

I met a patient in Dr. Bosworth office who changed M.D.'s because he refused to see patient while she was in the hospital.He did see her after complaints were made.I had a similar experience with Dr. Bosworth failure to return calls and be extremely arrognant.Reminder to Dr. Bosworth-Being arrogant leads to unhappy patients to lawsuits.

Posted on August 15th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Bosworth for several years and considering the sensitivity of topics addressed by this medical specialty, I have found him to be very knowledgeable and patient in answering questions and thorough, kind, and caring in delivering treatment.

Posted on July 22nd, 2011

Dr. Bosworth appears as a concerned & knowlegible physician until his ego does gets in the way.