A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Brian Cain:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cain
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cain Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Brian Cain, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cain graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Cain has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Kaiser Permanente Hospital - Oakland
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - South San Francisco
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Brian S Cain MD is a male Surgeon, has 18 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Brian S. Cain practice?
- Dr. Brian Cain has 1 office location.
Dr. Brian Cain practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Surgeons.