Dr. Brian Cox MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 31st, 2013
Great first impression.
I had an appt yesterday to establish care with Dr. Cox. He is currently accepting insurances others do not, such as Tricare and Medicare. He is in a new location in Warrenton, OR. and is now part of Columbia Memorial Hospital's Primary Care Clinic. When arriving at my appt at 3:30pm the office was empty of patients. The entire staff were courteous, friendly, and made me feel completely at ease. The wait time was less than any other doctors office that I have visited before. I found the doctor to be thorough, professional, bedside manner was far superior than other providers I have had appointments with. He was concerned, caring, and took his time. I didn't once feel rushed or like he wasn't hearing what I was saying. So many times providers try to push me into the way they are thinking, ignoring anything that I am contributing to the conversation, this did not happen with Dr. Cox. He listened. He made me feel like we were working together, and that I had some input in my own care. I have nothing negative to say. I was apprehensive going in to establish care with a new provider, my past experiences have not been good. But Dr. Cox surprised me, he is a pleasant competent addition to our community. His years of expertise were apparent within minutes of meeting him.

September 20th, 2012
He has disppeared without a word to patients! I had part 1 of a physical at his office but when I didn't get a follow up call letting me know my blood work was done I learned his office was gone and phone disconnected. Rate that!

March 2nd, 2011
Professional's Doctor
When I taught a class of nurses, I asked who they would pick for their own family physician. They all recommended Dr. Cox. I appreciate the way he explains his diagnosis and the treatment. He is always willing to listen and answer questions.

February 15th, 2010
Dr. Cox came into the exam room 40 minutes after my scheduled visit time. I was the first patient of the day. He is not up to date on treatments for osteoporosis. He does not listen. I told him that I was not able to tolerate more than the amount of Vitamin D I was currently taking or I would get headaches from more. He said I should be taking 10 x the amount that I was taking. I suppose I was just supposed to put up with the headaches? His hair was greasy, his tie had food on it, his lab coat had obviously been worn before and should be cleaned. Not someone I would want to examine me. As a medical professional myself (which I did not tell him on my 1 and only visit), he was not only ignorant but rude. He was going to tell me what his recommendations were and then (without saying anything further) walked out of the room. After 10 mins. his MA then came in to draw my blood. He never said anything about my needing tests. Obviously wants to milk as much money as possible by having his staff draw the blood which he can bill for (and which I would then have to pay out of pocket for) rather than sending me to a lab approved by my insurance. Since I had already eaten that morning, half of the tests he wanted to do should be done fasting so would not be accurate and would then need to be repeated. He also only ordered 1 test for thyroid, the TSH, but did not order T3 or T4, which would be needed in order to accurately evaluate thyroid function. Again, not up to date with thyroid testing which changed in 2002.