Surgeons
3400 Spruce St
Fl 4
Philadelphia, PA 19104
215-662-2050
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  There is no one better.  |  show details
by Colleen on Sep 7th, 2013

Recognized around the world as a 'Top Doctor.' If you get sick, this is the doctor you want to see. There is no one better.

|  Brilliant surgeon  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2013

Dr Czerniecki is a brilliant surgeon. I had a very easy recovery from my surgery. He is very dedicated to his practice and his patients. I have 100% confidence in his care.

|  Depends on what you are looking for in a doctor  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2013

First of all his assistant Pat is the rudest person I have ever met. This was the most stressful time of my life and she made it a hundred times worse with her rude and unprofessional demeanor. Then there is the problem of information sharing - there is none with the patient, you cannot even drag it out of them - you have to get your other doctors to acquire the answers to your questions for you. Whatever you do make sure you tell them over and over again if you have Raynauds because he uses lidocaine with epi during his surgeries which resulted in severe skin necrosis for me to which he non chalantly stated "it happens" while I was devastated with the scarring and the 10 month healing process. He does not even come to visit you for days after the mastectomy and when he shows up he stands in the doorway and never comes closer than that, as though you might be contagious or something. The reason I went to him was to get rid of the cancer and he did get rid of the cancer so he did his job if that is all you care about.

|  Excellent!  |  show details
by Janet D on Mar 12th, 2013

Dr. Czerniecki saved my life. He ordered an MRI on my 'good' side even though everyone else said it was clear. He found a mess - ILC and LCIS, and 4 positive nodes. Throughout treatment I found Dr. C to be there for me. He stayed at the office late to see me after work and he gave me his cell phone number so I could speak to him personally when I was waiting for lab results on a Friday afternoon. He worked along with my plastic surgery to guarantee excellent results after my bilateral mastectomy and immediate DIEP reconstruction. He is not a 'boutique' dr. - but a skilled and compassionate surgeon as well as a brilliant researcher and professor. He gets an A from this teacher!

|  Breast cancer vaccine recipient/ DCIS/Her2/neu  |  show details
by ShelleyD on Feb 3rd, 2013

Brilliant surgeon and immunologist. Has developed a vaccine to prevent reccurrence of DCIS/Invasive BC that is Her2 . Cutting edge in breast cancer treatment.

|  Expert in DCIS Her2/neu life saving vaccine trial  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2011

Dr Czerniecki is excellent. He is caring, smart and delivers cutting edge care

by on Mar 26th, 2011

eidenbach

Jan 20th, 2011

Brian Czerniecki did my breast cancer surgery. I understand he basically invented the sentinel biopsy procedure, which is used to figure out which lymph nodes will turn cancerous first if the cancer spreads. And this procedure was done on me. As it turns out, almost all of the lymph nodes were cancerous. But thanks in no small part to his expert surgical hand, the dangerous tissues were successfully removed and I am still around to talk about it with no evidence of disease after nearly 10 years. The man is a bit gruff (as is common among surgeons) and a bit overscheduled, but definitely 'on your side' and with superb expertise. I am very happy with his services.

Jun 9th, 2010

This man saved my life. He had the forsight to order an "extra" CAT scan and ultrasound for breast that seemed "normal" on mammogram. He found a malignant tumor in very early stages....He is thorough, knows his stuff; I trust him completely. I am 7 years from breast cancer diagnosis and doing fine

|  Be careful in choosing this doctor  |  show details
May 21st, 2010

I had prophylactic mastectomies because of a personal (many years earlier) and family history of breast cancer. In a bilateral procedure he did different surgeries on each side. Different amounts of tissue were removed from each side, setting the stage for my reconstruction to be off because of the initial surgery being different side to side. In addition, a large area of the skin flap on one side died because it was made to thin. I also have permanent problems with my left shoulder because of nerve damage. I would never go back to him for anything.

|  Great Doctor and Staff.  |  show details
by Evette and Jeanette Zold on May 20th, 2010

You can tell Dr. Czerniecki truly cares and helping people is his passion. He has a great bedside manner, spends as much time as we need and keeps us thoroughly informed. The Doctor and entire staff are compassionate, helpful, uplifting and encouraging.Most importantly....my mother feels safe under his care. We would both highly recommend him.

|  Excellent care  |  show details
by Shelley Dodt on Mar 8th, 2010

Was a clinical trial patient in his DCIS Her2/neu vaccine trial and then had surgery. Excellent experience would highly reccommend.