Dr. Brian Delahoussaye MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

January 11th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Delahoussaye spent two hours with me. He did a very thorough exam and explained everything very well. He is wanting to help me regain my life and not just give meds. I appreciate the time he took with me and think he is very concerned toward the care of his patients.

September 28th, 2015
He spends most of his time talking about himself and bragging about how good he is. If he spent a fraction of that time listening to his patient and providing appropriate care and treatment, he might actually become as good as he seems to think he is.

April 25th, 2015
Dr. Delahoussaye is very knowledgeable and has years of experience. He listens and is diligent about pain relief. He does expect the patient to do his/her part in the healing/treatment process. His thoughts are, "Here's how it is, let's see what we can do about it." Don't expect a free ride because he expects you as the patient to do what he as the doctor tells you to do. Honesty is the best policy with him. Drug tests are mandated by the state so don't cop an attitude about it.

October 13th, 2014
referred
Uncaring, egotistical, profiteer !! Dr. Kennedy is MUCH better, at least he understands pain, Delahoussaye does not understand pain, nor care.

September 11th, 2014
referral ... bad
First, I went into these doctor's offices because the phone numbers were not correct. The primary number states that the number is no longer in service and the secondary number is actually the surgical prep office at Memorial Hospital. I was referred, so I looked up the address and stopped by to make an appointment. I went into some offices off Foothills to get directions and wad surprised to find that I had arrived. There ate no names on the windows indicating you are at a pain clinic, nor are there street numbers. The woman behind the desk barked at me rudely, "Do you have an appointment?" When I told her I had been referred by Dr. S, she grabbed my paperwork and grimaced. She then passed the paper work to the doctor, who had just arrived. He looked them over and told me "the doctor cannot possibly see you unless you have all of your medical recordss." I explained that the xrays and bonescans were there, and asked what he meant by all of my medical records. He said he needed all the notes, visits, everything. I asked how many years back? He indicated all of them. I explained he had the xrays and reports, but he again reiterated that the doctor could not possibly see me unless I brought all my medical records in. I told him I thoight this was an ext extraordinary hoop to ask of a patient. I looked around. The place is filthy and cold. The receptionists are cold and menacing. There were no patients in the waiting atea. This was like visiting a back-street thug. At what point did our medical system sell us out? At ehat point did our medical providers become so paranpid abput pain that they send us to back-alley providers who treat us as though we are under suspicion simply hecause we have had a painful accident? At what point has the war on drugs put every decent person under a cloud that forces us to go to those who treat us like criminals? I am disgusted with a back-alley bully who would treat me so dispicably. I went back to my doctor and told them what happened. I told them about rhe filth and the absolute rudeness I encountered. I am heading back to my orthopedic surgeon. Someone who knows me and will treat me with repect an LISTEN to me. These doctors who parlay patients between them in the name of stopping "drug seeking behaviors" may rhink they are doing what they need to do, but the suspicion that I was put under today made me feel that neither my primary physician was listening nor was the pain doctor listening. Instead I felt like I was pawned off because "pain" is now a suspicious symptom. The medical pipeline to backalley practitioners who think it is their right to demand an inquisition of their patients. Patients are no longer humans- they are risks to be managed and dollars to be grabbed!

August 5th, 2014
Poor MRI
Get an outside MRI, his MRI machine is ancient, oldest I have ever seen, and I have had 9 MRIs at 6 facilities. He must have got a deal on this MRI, it doesn't have high enough resolution and missed the severe injury in my lumbar completely, he is only using it to generate profit. Watch your bills for over billing. File complaints with Medicare about over billing.

July 2nd, 2014
Avoid this Dr.
Self centered, cares nothing about your well being, causes more pain than relieves. Treats patients as adversaries. AVOID ! There are plenty of good doctors, this is not one of them. You've been warned.

February 12th, 2014
Patient
Nice Dr....but his staff is terrible..they're rude not very polite, insufficient when it comes to their jobs, they do not return phone calls. Wasting your time if you're looking for decent medical care.

December 5th, 2013
The first visit was great but unfortunately the prescription he gave me did not work so when I returned I saw someone different. Then when I returned for my follow up visit I waited for over an hour and a half and then I left. I have not been back and no one has called me to check on my status.

November 4th, 2013
Find a REAL doctor, NOT this one !
Be sure to get your records OFTEN, especially DR's notes, this doctor writes false statements in your records. That makes getting health care at other DRs difficult. AVOID this place if at all possible !

October 17th, 2013
AWESOME doctor!!!
I completely disagree with the reviews on here! This doctor is very knowledgeable and spent lots of time talking about my conditions! It was my first appt and he was very nice, answered my questions, talked with me and my husband and couldnt ask for anything more! If you are just drug-seeking and he didnt fall for it, then thats probably why you dont like him! In my opinion that would be the only reason that patients wouldnt like him! He is EXTREMELY well diversed in the medical field and I feel completely comfortable with him being a new doctor for me!

September 10th, 2013
be careful
I suggest you buy a "spy camera" from Amazon, or eBay, and use it when you see this doctor. You very well may need it to prove what REALLY happens in his exam rooms. Be aware that he is watching on hidden cameras. He will write what ever suits his imagination, any comment from you will likely be responded to with aggressive resistance. He imagines that you are some how attacking his knowledge, credibility, or something. VERY difficult to comprehend his actions, and reactions, VERY defensive ! Protect yourself !