Overall Review

3.3

December 2nd, 2015
I love Dr. Derrick...he has gotten all of my medical issues figured out, straightened out, and on track after being at a community health facility where my medications were messed up and I was misdiagnosed! I don't know that my life was in jeopardy, but my quality of life has definitely improved under Dr. Derricks care! Thank you Dr. Derrick!!

March 23rd, 2011
unacceptable behavior - rude to my mother
My mother was admitted to the local hospital and Dr. Derrick covered for her primary care provider one day when he was not available to visit. Dr. Derrick was rude and insensitive in communicating with her. Our family will not allow him to interact with her ever again.

August 20th, 2010
I had seen Dr. Derrick a few times and got a weird vibe from him. I moved out of town after my first visit, but he was monitoring my harsh heartburn. I came back after about a month, with a sinus infection, constant light-head, and social anxiety. He told me that my sinus infection was only earwax build up... in my nose and throat? But he did prescribe antibiotics. He said the social anxiety was controllable. And he then said my lightheaded feeling was only blood pressure, but never did any tests. He said I was not concerned enough about my health when I was irritated by his actions. This is after I drove 2.5 hours to see him. One week later I fainted in public because I was light headed, turns out I have vasovagal syncope and slight heart arrhythmia. He always had a way of making me feel like I was over exaggerating, and I started to question myself. Internal Medicine is great though, and I have since switched doctors.

September 1st, 2009
Dr Derrick is a great doctor... he is very caring about his patients and he is good about telling you exactly what you need to do next so you have sort of a game plan to know what needs to happen next... everyone in the office is super nice and normally i never had to wait to go back...