Dr. Brian Dooreck MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 8th, 2017
Colonoscopy
Had a great experence the staff at the clinic, amazing very sweet smd caring... the anesthesiologist great also, in and out of the procedure 2hrs...A+ will recommend them 100%.

March 22nd, 2017
Excellent in all respects. Staff, follow ups, and a friendly environment. Above all Dr. Dooreck was a true professional. Highly recommend.

November 1st, 2016
Excellent Care
Excellent care from beginning to the end for my colonoscopy & Endoscopy,

June 2nd, 2016
Proud to be his patient!
Thank you for this reminder and outstanding service of your entire staff. Your Team is to be commended for their expeditious service

May 10th, 2016
Dr Dooreck Recommendation
Look, just thinking about this treatment to myself is a challenge. So, keeping this in mind I'll try to offer my perspective. As I do not know what goes on in my system I had to outsource my upper and lower GI exam. It had to be looked at by a skilled physician, this is one of the most important diagnoses I will get. Dr Dooreck, in my opinion, offers an examination and prognosis that makes me comfortable in knowing that the unknown has been examined by a very well heeled professional. Preparing myself, 60+ yrs, knowing it was going to be a pass/fail result, helped me through this. I will add, in my opinion again, not only was Dr Dooreck a model professional but all his staff involved showed signs of caring and compassion as well. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Dooreck's services.

September 18th, 2015
Dr. Doorect was a great experience I have had other colonoscopies but this one was a breeze . I wasn't nervous as before the staff was great I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Doorect to anybody!

September 4th, 2015
No more IBS!
was able to review my old recrds and help improve my annoyign IBS symptoms. thanks dr doreck!

September 3rd, 2015
Great visit
Gave me the attention I needed and left me with a great plan.

June 27th, 2015
inaccurate diagnosis
Dr Dooreck performed an upper endoscopy due to symptoms of pain and difficulty swallowing. He missed a 3.3 cm tumor on the hypopharynx that is visible, above the esophageal opening, and should have been noticed during insertion of the endoscope. 2 ENT's and 1 Radiation Oncologist have stated the tumor should have been seen by Dr Dooreck during the endoscopy. Beware, seek medical attention elsewhere.
Doctor's Response

This is very concerning to hear. A case like this should be bought to the attention of the physicians immediately. This case if very concerning and should be looked at closer with greater transparency. For the sake of objectivity and education without having any other information available. Gastroenterology (GI) and ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) evaluations are different as are the scopes used for evaluation as the areas that are evaluated. ENT is typically above the vocal cords and GI below them. Laryngopharyngeal lesions are generally considered as a field of otolaryngology (ENT) and it is not easy to diagnose the lesions which exist in these oropharyngolaryngeal areas. The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) explains best on their website. Upper endoscopy allows for examination of the lining of the upper part of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach and duodenum (first portion of the small intestine). Upper endoscopy helps the doctor evaluate symptoms of persistent upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or difficulty swallowing. It is the best test for finding the cause of bleeding from the upper GI tract and is also more accurate than X-rays for detecting inflammation, ulcers and tumors of the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum.

June 17th, 2015
Brian S. Dooreck, M.D. not only was courteous, caring and efficient
Brian S. Dooreck, M.D. not only was courteous, caring and efficient when I saw him for consultation but was superb at performing my gastrointestinal procedures. His office staff and surgical staff are great. My procedure was non eventful thanks to Dr. Dooreck, his nurses, assistants and anesthesiologist. He is extremely knowledgeable and superbly trained. I highly reccommend him and previously trusted him to perform vital procedures for my wife as well.

April 1st, 2015
Considering the procedure (colonoscopy), my husband & I had a pleasant experience. Dr. Dooreck and staff are very personable, caring and professional. Highly recommend!!!

March 10th, 2015
Horrible office - bad bad service
Horrible horrible experience - it is now about 3:30pm . Just leaving Dr Brian Dooreck's office ... Never even got to see dr. Very poorly run office. I should have known from the first call I made. When I called to make an appt I kept being transferred to an answering machine. So I called and spoke to receptionist and asked why isn't anyone available to schedule an appt. She told me to leave my name and number on he machine and someone would call me within 48 hrs. I didn't do that and instead made my first mistake - I set my own appt on ZocDoc. I arrived 10 mins early. The office was empty. I could hear ladies voices behind a glass partition which had a sign warning patients not to knock on the window. So I sat and waited and waited and waited. Eventually I was joined by an older couple who signed in stared at the "no knock" sign shrugged and sat down with me and waited and waited and waited. After a long time the old couple for up stood in front of the glass divider - I suspect waiting for someone to open the window - but when no one responded - the man scratched his name off the sign I. Sheet and walked out. Stupid me sat there waiting.. Eventually I went up and knocked on the window bc I could see that someone was sitting right there. A lady opened the window and she looked miserable and disheveled. I said, hello I've been waiting for quite a long time - isn't there some forms you should be having me fill out . She agreed as if the thought never ever occurred to her. She closed the window and told me to have a seat - again . Several minutes later she handed me a clipboard with forms which I dutifully filled out and returned to her . Them I sat and waited and waited and waited. I went back up after 4 people who arrived After me were called in. I asked why I'm still not being called. The disheveled lady told me it was up to the doctor's nurse and that she would get her. I'm Sitting and waiting again. Eventually a young girl comes out - this us the nurse - it's now been almost one hour since u entered this doctors office . The nurse ushers me to a room and takes my vitals . Then she tells me to wait / the doc will be in . I never saw the Dr Brian Dooreck at all. After another 20 mins - and dosing off in the room I finally got sense enough to get up and get out of there. I walked out the room and up to the reception desk and asked the disheveled receptionist to return to me my co-payment and all the forms I had completed . I tore up all the forms and asked her to Aldo delete me out of their system . 2 hours waisted!!! Unbelievable !!!! This was the worst doctor visit experience I ever had on my entire life . Save yourself - there are other and better run offices out there. This doctor and his staff have absolutely no ethical respect or concern for people or your time.
Doctor's Response

Having just read this response – it is clearly concerning to me. I can identify some issues that have already been addressed and resolved in regards to staffing, flow and integration of ZocDoc into our current practice management software. I can only apologize for the experience. We strive to achieve the highest level of service – an obviously did not get there that day. More importantly – I hope you found the medical care you sought. If needed...I am available always. www.browardgi.com