Dr. Brian Engebrecht MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 18th, 2017
A Nefarious Dr who should not have a license
my left kidney was dead & rotting. It was causing my body to become heavily toxic & as known/taught in medicine was taking down my good kidney. Thru the ER I was admitted to the hospital & Dr Brian Engebrecht was called in. Dr. E. decided he wanted to put a "shunt" in this kidney even tho there was no fluid in the kidney & that it had only 7% function...kidney(s) under 10% is "ALWAYS" REMOVED. I debated this w/him feeling that he was only wanting to drain my insurance company & thus cause me much terrible suffering. He stated that if the kidney does not improve that absolutely it would be removed. From past major abdominal surgeries I have a considerable amount of adhesion's. To do this procedure the bladder is filled up with 1-2 gallons of saline. When I woke up in recover I curled into a fetus position in horrific pain. I told the nurses felt like a knife had cut the uterus apart at the top. I was denied any investigation & was promptly discharged. I awoke around 4am...my satin nightwear was LITERALLY SOAKING WET. The pain was absolutely insane! I called for an ambulance. I was visiting my family & was staying w/my brother & his wife. The paramedics & the ER nurses all commented on how saturated my nightwear was. I wasn't given any medical attention & would later learn from my brother that they were told I was hemorrhaging & just needed to rest, that answered the why I was kept in a dark room & all alone. Dr. Engebrecht denied all pain management...even when I had dropped 20 lbs or more w/in 1 1/2wks. I could only eat a 1/2 can of chicken noodle soup per day. He assured me that when he put the shunt in & it failed that I would be sent to Iowa City to have this dead kidney removed; of course it wasn't going to be successful..my kidney was already too far gone. Being sent to IA City Hospital to have this dead kidney removed... He shut that down. Even tho' I sought these hospitals out on my own...had no choice for I knew I was dying...Dr. Engebrecht had already gotten to them to ensure I would NOT receive any intervention. I tried more than once....& during one of the times I went IA City Hospital the pain was so bad that I went in2 a pain black out during an apt. w/a "psychologist in that hospital". They took me to jail...I came up out of the pain black out as an officer was handcuffing me. My family feared helping me for they thought since they had to live there...they would be black balled by the medical community. Their fears were definitely warranted. I fled the Quad Cities...returning home to die. I believed death was a certainty since I could not get around his reach. The damage he did to my reproductive organs...I cannot ever know intimacy again; this occurred in late 2004. I was told that when he inflated my bladder to the size of a volleyball...the adhesions stuck to the bladder was like ripping the peelings from an orange that's why I was hemorrhaging & what tore my uterus. Insult to injuries was when I pleaded w/him not to do me this way....he grinned & walked out of my hospital room. There were several nurses who were astounded what he was doing 'n had done to me, but they too feared retaliation if they said &/or did anything for me. The head of Illini Hospital when I went to him to help me when I was hemorrhaging 'n being denied even pain medication stated he could not understand how this would be so when I had "Legitimate" health issues. This is all he said & did for me. Dr. Brian Engebrecht is an extremely nefarious person & is a very real threat to the well-being of The People. He should not be permitted to have a medical license. It took me quite some time b4 I could finally find someone to remove my kidney....my health & life forever damage by him. I can prove what he did to me & one day hopefully soon he will be held accountable for such nefarious behaviors & actions.

August 20th, 2015
I have had several visits here and it is always prompt, courteous and the physician is just the best.

April 18th, 2017