Dr. Brian Esparza MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 24th, 2016
This place is a joke! Dr. Esparza has no compassion or respect for him patients. Out of the 15 minutes allotted for each appointment I only saw and talked to the doctor 3-5 minutes everytime I saw him. His bedside manner is nonexistent. Not to mention the fact that he lies to his patients about being the director and head of the rehab department of Cider Hills. Yes he does work there, but he's not in charge. And it gets worse, he actually took a non medical phone call from his wife right in the middle of my 3 minute chat with him. He also asked me personal questions about how much money I make and how much taxes I owed. That was crazy to me. Although his receptionist Jeff was nice, he was super fake and judgemental. I heard him talking about other patients a few different time with Brian another front desk person who I thought was really nice. Brian seemed like the only decent person there. But then he left right before I found a new and much better doctor. The last thing that would really upset me was he was always "calling in sick" and I'd get a phone call saying I had to reschedule my appointment leaving me without medication several times. So if you're thinking about seeing Dr. Esparza, don't! I'm pretty sure you'll regret it. I know I do.

May 1st, 2015
Highly recommended
Dr Esparza is a professional who knows what's he's doing. Accurate diagnosis, comprehensive treatment, time to talk without being judged. I felt unconditionally welcomed. I have a lot of respect for him and his team who helped me to get so much better today.

April 23rd, 2015
Rip off or Sloppy Clerical work?
I was told by a staff member at Dr. Esparza's office that coverage by my insurance company could not immediately be confirmed and that I'd have to pay out of pocket. I was reassured that this payment would be refunded when the insurance payment was received. To make a long story short, after countless emails, phone calls and even an in person visit, it seems I'm being given the run around. Is Dr. Esparza's staff that disorganized or is this his way of scamming his patients of an extra $160? So much for patient Doctor trust.

February 1st, 2015
Don't Be Bitter Because of the Honesty
I feel like these reviews were written out of bitterness. He doesn't tell you how you feel, he tells you like it is. He doesn't sugar coat anything and he isn't trying to make you feel you feel worse. You're letting yourself feel worse. You came to this clinic for one reason - you are an addict. And now your mad because they treat you as one? Pick a side. Dr. Esparza is amazing, he truly cares about his patients. If he didn't like what he was doing he wouldn't be triple board certified. He is a key role in my recovery and I couldn't ask for a better Dr or Team behind me. I want to thank them for their hard work and understanding

November 19th, 2014
DR. Esparza was instrumental in my recovery. Bridgetown Recovery was able to provide top notch service in getting me back on the right path in life. This was the only treatment facility, after many previous attempts, that was able to give me the tools to maintain a clean and sober lifestyle. The staff was amazingly understanding and knowledgeable in the addiction field and did everything in their power to to keep me on the right track. I am extremely grateful for DR. Esparza and the lengths he went to help. I would highly recommend him, and his staff, if you or a loved one is seeking help from an addiction specialist.

July 8th, 2014
highly recommended
I've been on and off my addictions for several years, and I've been in and out a few other doctor's offices before meeting Dr. Esparaza at Bridgetown. It's not shady like some other places. I had an extremely difficult time breaking free of that lifestyle and didn't have much hope until I went to Bridgetown. You aren't judged, the staff is super friendly and caring, and Dr. Esparaza was extremely helpful when it came to weaning off. He would take time to talk, return calls (even on a weekends!) and really listen. I'm much healthier now and even though every day is still a bit of a struggle, I have Bridgetown to thank.

July 2nd, 2014
I started seeing Dr Esparza over a year ago. I received excellent suboxome treatment and counseling. I started at 16milligrams a day and now down to 4 milligrams of silicone a day. The treatment is real and thier hope go see Dr Esparsa and you will get help!

April 1st, 2014
He is just the best!!!!
I am in shock over some of the negative comments people have posted. They couldn't be more wrong. I am in the medical field and have been for the past 19 years, so I have had my share of dealing with arrogant and rude doctors that could really care less. Dr. Esparza, in opinion, is just the BEST OF THE BEST that I have ever met. From day one when I walked into his office, which was about a year ago, I have had nothing but the best experience. It started when I called and was making my first appointment, Brianna, Dr. E's assistant, was so pleasant to talk to and she got me in the very next day. I was really nervous for my appointment because I didn't know what to expect. Usually when I meet a new physician I have a huge wall up until I get to know them and then it takes a long while for that wall to come down. But before I knew it in my very first appointment that wall came crashing down. He makes you feel so comfortable and listens to every word you say. I have never felt rushed with him or like he wasn't interested in what I was saying. He has helped me through some of my worst days & I couldn't have made it though those times without him, Brianna or Sara. When ever I have questions or I'm not comfortable with a new taper of meds, he has ALWAYS been there, even after office hours & on the weekends, to do what he can to help me. Needless to say he is just the BEST doctor that I know. Someone commented that it is difficult to get your meds...I don't know what they are talking about. When ever I have requested my medication refills, he always gets it done the very same day, ( I have never had an issue of having to wait for them). Needless to say, I think he is the best of the best, he is and has, always been there for me. I don't think I could have made it without him or his staff. So, it your serious about your recovery he is the doctor for you.

March 27th, 2014
Grateful in Recovery
Bridgetown and Dr. Esparza are fantastic. I have been to numerous other programs in Portland and elsewhere, and Bridgetown is far and away the best. Dr. Esparza, Sara the therapist (best I have ever had), and the support staff are all true professionals.They are a major reason I am sober today. If you are drug seeking, are not serious about your recovery, and/or want to be pandered to, you should look elsewhere. Bridgetown and Dr. Esparza are terrific for individuals who are serious about changing their lives for the better. But, you also have to be willing to put in the work, because no doctor can wave a wand and cure someone from addiction. As far as prescriptions, they were always ready in a timely manner. If Bridgetown suspects that a patient is drug seeking, they certainly will not prescribe things that people necessarily "want" (I know because I tried). They do what is in the best interests of the patient, even if they may throw a tantrum. I credit Dr. Esparza for helping me in my darkest hours. He took a number of calls from me outside of office hours when I literally feared for my sanity. He didnt "rescue me" - he simply told me what he thought I needed to do. At the time, I remember I didnt want to hear it, but he was ultimately right on target. I would highly recommend Bridgetown and Dr. Esparza for anyone who is serious about getting sober. It is not an understatement to say they helped save my life.

February 26th, 2014
I Love Bridgetown!
Dr. Esparza and everyone else at Bridgetown have been so good to me. I have been a patient of his for almost a year now and have no complaints. I like to think of him, his assistant, and my counselor as good friends. Friends that care about me and are always there for me when I need them. Overcoming opiate addiction has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life and without Bridgetown, I know I wouldn’t have been able to do it. I always look forward to seeing Dr. Esparza, Sara (my counselor) and Brianna (doctor's assistant) when I go there. Sara has always treated me with respect and kindness. She listens to me and gives me good advice when I need it. She’s very easy to talk to; I just wish I could talk to her even more. Brianna is such a wonderful person. She’s very friendly, outgoing, and has an awesome personality. She has always been so nice to me and extremely helpful with scheduling. I also love my group! I’m in a small co-ed group of amazing people (although I’m usually the only girl). They are like my second family. I know I can trust them with anything. They have been so helpful in my recovery because we all can relate to each other and we never judge each other for the horrible things from our past. I never thought I could be so happy with treatment, but that is because I never had Bridgetown before.

February 19th, 2014
Kind and acting healthcare professional
I have no idea what these reviewers who have made bad remarks are talking about. My guess is that they are not compliant with their treatment plan and wouldn't be happy with any physician that forced them to be accountable in their recovery. Dr. Esparza is by far the most kind psychiatrist I have ever met. He treats me with respect and kindness and I have felt nothing but positive and accepted.

February 8th, 2014
Dr. Esparza is a lifesaver...literally
After being sober for several years I relapsed with the help of several different substances prescribed to me by mental health & chronic pain professionals. I was drowning, I knew that with combination of meds that I was taking as well as mixing them with booze that may days were very likely numbered. I knew that I could not get through the withdrawal alone and had no idea how I would manage my pain and anxiety. I was scared & I needed help, lots of it. I called Hooper, Outside in, private providers, rehabs, etc... Because of the combination of meds I was on NO ONE would take me. A lady at Hooper told me of Dr. Esparza and his new clinic ( Bridgetown). Dr. E was the only Dr. in PDX that would take me. He was %100 honest about the cost of not only Bridgetown's treatment program but also the meds that he prescribed me. A year and half later I am sober, involved in my recovery both in and outside of Bridgetown, have my anxiety & pain under control and take easily %50 less medication than when I began being treated by Dr. E. When the cost of everything became overwhelming, Dr. E's assistant, Breanna went out of her way to research different medication scholarships to help pay for my most $$$ med. Over the years I have had my share of therapy and DR. visits - My counselor Sara at Bridgetown as well as Dr. E himself have been the most helpful & encouraging mental health professionals that I have ever worked with. My appointments with Dr. E are never rushed or impersonal. If he is not listening or doesn't care about me than he has me fooled - He remembers details about things I've shared with him that even my closest friends & family don't remember. He is ALWAYS kind, ALWAYS engaged, ALWAYS helpful, ALWAYS professional and NEVER has made me feel like he doesn't care or is uninterested. He has NEVER pushed meds on me or disregarded my opinions or feelings. When I have texted him personally for help he has texted me back promptly each time regardless of time or day to help me with what I needed. I know that Dr. E and his staff care about me and would always do anything in their power to help me. I really didn't think I would find my way back again before I found Dr. E and Bridgetown. They are truly my life savers!