Dr. Brian First Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brian First?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Brian First?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 1st, 2015

Never met Dr. First. I see P.A. Nancy Tzanzling whom I am content with.

September 21st, 2015

Staff is equalivant to rats in a kitchen(they do not belong). Rude and lack the ability to actually do any job.

April 22nd, 2015

Terrible Bad Experience

AWFUL I personally have never had such a disappointing experience in my LIFE. He gave me a Possible diagnosis 3 Months ago, meaning he was NOT sure, he has Not followed up YET

May 1st, 2013

only accepts insurance

Sharon was extremely rude when calling me back to inform me they do not take cash paying patients. I would think this would work better than accepting insurance or medi-cal that may not pay. She at least could have been nice about it. RUDE!

April 4th, 2012

Nurse Practitioner, Shirley Fett- stay away

I did alot of research,poured over numerous reviews on the internet in an attempt to find a competent, thorough endocrinologist.Dr. First was not available, so I chose to make an appt.for my son to see Shirley.I wanted to accompany my 20 year old son for the initial consult,( with my son's o.k.) & Shirley would not allow it, saying she would talk to me after her consult with him. Well, she didn't.I had some concerns that I wanted to address about a possible diagnosis, she wanted no part of it.Later,Shirley called my son, stated all lab work was fine. No follow up, no anything. No dx.,no help whatsover.I am an R.N., my father one of the most prominent surgeons in La Jolla,and I had important clinical findings that I needed to share with her.My son has a possible and serious endocrinlology disorder, and she was of no value.Going to see a qualified professional!

March 19th, 2012

Great doctor, difficult staff

Dr First is a great doctor. I have been his patient since 1990. He takes the time to listen to you and is sensitive to your needs. Excellent diagnostician. But he is popular, and it is very difficult to get an appointment. His staff is another story. I have endured them over the years because I value Dr First. They are often abrupt and communication is often difficult. You can always count on being put on hold when you call. Don't even try to resolve any billing errors with their office manager. They are totally unresponsive to your concerns. Dr. First, please consider overhauling your office staff. They are destroying a fine Dr/Patient relationship.

January 10th, 2012

unhappy with staff

We have been patients of Dr. First for many years. A couple years ago my 88 year old father started going to him and really like both the doctor and Stacy. However, now there's Mimi. Yesterday my dad had an appointment and ran into several difficulties getting there. The first thing Mimi said was, "you know you're 10 minutes late and my next appointment has arrived so you'll have to hurry" -- So obviously she was only going to allow him10 minutes to begin with. Dad was there for hip and leg pain. Mimi decided that it was either a broken hip or bladder infection!! But told my brother and the caregiver that was there that Dad should have a nurse come to the house then he wouldn't have to go to her for stuff like this. Are you kidding me?? Dad rarely needs to go to the doctor and her attitude was way out of line. She was extremely rude the entire time. If she does not want to see my Dad she needs to put on her big girl panties and say so. We love Dr. First and the rest of the office so I will definitely let them know how unhappy we are

August 11th, 2009

Dr. Brian First owned a Day Spa that offered a 3 year guarantee on laser hair removal with an up front fee of $3000.00.His Day Spa, Advanced Body Care Center for Men and Women is now closed, and therefore I can not continue the treatment I had paid for. Thanks a lot Dr. First.

February 13th, 2009

Excellent Dr

Dr First is a very caring dr. Before each appointment, he sits down with me in his office and asks me if I have any questions. Often times I have many questions. He patiently answers them all.

April 17th, 2017