Family Physicians, General Practitioner, Internist

14418 W Meeker Blvd
Ste 304
Sun City West, AZ 85375
623-239-4865
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Patient  |  show details
by Lisa Manzano on Feb 2nd, 2014

Dr. Hawkins is the best doctor I was ever seen by. I first met him when I found a lump on my throat. He saw me the same day I called and I at that time I was a new patient. He is so compassionate and he never rushes you. I once called him after hours when my toddler was really sick and unable to reach his pediatrician. Dr. Hawkins told me what to do to care for my son and called twice to check on him through the night. His office staff left something to be desired, but his outstanding bedside manner more than made up for their poor behavior. Dr. Hawkins, I miss so much; where did you go?

|  Compassionate and Caring  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2013

I met Dr. Hawkins at the ER at the VAMC in Phoenix. I don't know if that's his full time job now, since it seems like he left his practice from the comments I have read. He was compassionate to my situation and did everything possible to get me some pain relief until I was able to see a specialist. Excellent bedside manner. He really cares and is respectful. Would love to have him as my PCP. I can't say anything about staff, since I was at the VAMC and staff there far surpasses any staff that I have met at a private practice.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2013

One of the best doctors I have even seen.

|  Dr Hawkins has been an Is the most compassion Dr I have had since I got too old to go to Luke AFB.  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2013

He is always trying to help you and do not rush you. He doesn't talk down to you which many DR do. The staff need some training and compassion though. Sometimes I do not think they realize people come there because they are sick, not to bother them by coming.

|  Where Are You??  |  show details
by Regina on Apr 9th, 2013

Dr. Hawkins where are you??? Tried making an appointment, was told by receptionist Veronica @ Practice you no longer practice?? What happened?? Hit me up, did u go into full time law?

|  Goodyear Arizona Patient  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2013

TOP NOTCH .... AND I have traveled a lot over the years & have had a variety of Primary Care doctors in several states... needed medical care is various states. Dr. Brian Hawkins is .. by far .. right up there with the VERY BEST. Attentive .. Follows up .. Diagnoses right on target ... NO complaints here. So sorry he has left this practice. If I find he is within traveling distance of my home in AZ, I will follow up with him in his next place of practice.

|  rude staff  |  show details
by personal & private on Feb 24th, 2013

Staff is very rude. Otherwise he's a good doctor but why bother...might as well go someplace pleasant. A very ill-mannered group of uneducated numbnuts work in this office.

|  Thank you...  |  show details
by AMY C. on Feb 10th, 2013

My office visit of the best experineces that I had for a long time at any doctors office. I have multiple medical issues that requires frequent office visits, eventhough they are very complex, dr. hawkins makes me feel very comfortable and aften spends extra time with me. I don't know what I would have done with hime looking over my shoulder. Thank you for being my guardian angle.

|  Thank you Dr. Hawkins!  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2012

I visited Dr. Hawkins for the first time about two weeks ago, after having issues with a previous PCM. Dr. Hawkins was personable and actually listened to me as I talked (rather than typing on a computer). He discussed with me what medicines I was currently on and if I had ever tried this. He also gave me information about where to fill my medicine, and knew the procedures for getting an urgent care referral. He also went above and beyond to get me the medicine that would treat what I had, rather than automatically sending me elsewhere to get my problem taken care of. As a military wife, I appreciate his "small town" concerns and manners and feel so comfortable contacting him about anything. I don't have to worry about whether or not he is going to help me. I know that he will be there for me now and in the future. I am so lucky to have found Dr. Hawkins! Thank you!!!

|  Poor Office Staff treatment  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

Today I went to have blood drawn. Last Monday the Doctor confirmed okay to come but usually don't draw on Monday or Friday. I fasted and went in. A Ms. Garcia informed me they could /would not do my draw. She explained I could go somewhere else. My wife then called to discuss with the doctor the rudness and general lack of care. She was told the doctor didn't govern the policies and probably wouldn't call her back regarding this. My wife hung up on her not before saying nice to know Dr. Hawkins doesn't care about his patients.

Jul 18th, 2012

DR. HAWKINS HAS BEEN MY MOTHER'S DOCTOR FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS,I HAVE NEVER HAD A MORE CARING DOCTOR, TAKES THE TIME TO ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS, DOES A THOROUGH EXAM, MY MOTHER IS 88 YEARS OLD, I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE COME ACROSS HIM IN THIS TIME IN HER LIFE. THIS OFFICE HAS GONE THROUGH SOME CHANGES, BUT THE SERVICE CONTINUES TO BE EXCELLENT AND BELIEVE ME SHE HAS HAD SOME BAD DOCTORS IN 88 YEARS BUT SHE IS VERY HAPPY AND AT EASE WITH DR. HAWKINS, AND YES SOMETIMES I HAVE TO WAIT ALITTLE LONGER, BUT WHEN OUR TIME COMES, HE ALSO SPENDS THE TIME WITH US AND I ALWAYS FEEL HE HAS ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU DR. HAWKINS!!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

This office visit was the best I had in years. I wish there were more compassionate doctors like him.

Dec 14th, 2011

Dr Hawkins staff is not very nice and that is the first people you see when you go to the doctor and when this was addressed with Doctor Hawkins he did not seem to care it was more a bother than anything else, that was the last time my family saw this doctor and I would not recommend him to any of my friends or family.

|  great dr.  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

Dr. Hawkins was very kind. My wife has seen many Dr.s and hands down Dr. Hawkins is the best. He cares about his patients.

Feb 16th, 2011

Dr. Hawkins, is by far the best doctor i have ever been to, i would recommend anyone who is seeking a new doctor, to become a patient of his, he actually shows compassion and cares for his patients, he has got me through alot of things, couldnt have got through it without him and i am very thankful to have such a wonderful doctor.- Tiffany Nolte.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Jobrien on Dec 14th, 2010

Dr Hawkins is a wonderful doctor. He worked with me during the time I was out of work. I didn't have much money and I was going thru a divorce. If I ever need someone to talk to, he offered his friendship. Thanks Dr. Hawkins.

Oct 11th, 2010

Every other doctor I saw thought my "problem" was in my mind but Dr. Hawkins was so very thorough and located the problem right away.

Oct 7th, 2010

don't recommend this doctor he is very rude, and so is his staff!!!!

|  good dr. changed  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2010

Dr. Hawkins has been my family doctor for at least the last year maybe two. I don't need to see him often but when I did he had always been great until recently. I had made an appointment to get shots and other things for school about a week to a week in a half in advance. The day of my appointment they called me in the morning to tell me they are no longer going to see my family and were very rude in telling me so, as though my family had done something wrong. The girl on the phone also put me on hold in the middle of me talking and was not clear when she asked me to hold on, so I didn't even realize she put me on hold. When I asked why they couldn't tell me this sooner she gave me no reason. If they had told me in advance like when I made my appointment I would be baffelded but ok with this because I needed to visit a dr as soon as possible so I could apply for college. I am very dissapointed and upset they were so rude. When my dad called to ask for our medical records they told us they didn't have them any longer, which was a battle just to get those because they did end up having them and were just running us around. I will no longer reccomend this dr to anyone

|  Dr, Hawkins "Going out of Business Strategy"  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2010

Dr. Hawkins is probably an "O.K." doctor. He came from a military background - and we all know what the military receives in terms of Quality Care. He seems to be ambivalent about his workload. His Front Office staff is not driving patient satisfaction at all. I have in my posession an appointment slip that is signed by Dr. Hawkins (unreadable) - I saw him scribble on it - I left withthat in my posession with an understanding of an appointment - when I showed up two weeks later - they had no record of it and were very insistant and NASTY that I had never made an appointment. I will admit I got irate about it - they would no longer discuss the matter - and when I asked to speak to the Dr. ( who was in) he would not do so, even though I had cooled off by that time. They threatened to call law enforcement to throw me out, etc.. He is permanently losing me and my wife and my excellent paying insurance. Within an hour I was able to enlist a better doctor - who has a nicer staff. Tough times are ahead for Dr. Hawkins, for sure !

|  Super!  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2010

You can't find a better doctor!

Dec 9th, 2009

Dr. Hawkins is an extremely caring doctor. He is actually interesting in helping you, where I've had experiences with other doctors that just wanted to get me in and out to see the next patient. I would recommend him to anyone. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field which makes him confident in his work.