Dr. Brian Hawkins MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 2nd, 2014
Patient
Dr. Hawkins is the best doctor I was ever seen by. I first met him when I found a lump on my throat. He saw me the same day I called and I at that time I was a new patient. He is so compassionate and he never rushes you. I once called him after hours when my toddler was really sick and unable to reach his pediatrician. Dr. Hawkins told me what to do to care for my son and called twice to check on him through the night. His office staff left something to be desired, but his outstanding bedside manner more than made up for their poor behavior. Dr. Hawkins, I miss so much; where did you go?

October 6th, 2013
Compassionate and Caring
I met Dr. Hawkins at the ER at the VAMC in Phoenix. I don't know if that's his full time job now, since it seems like he left his practice from the comments I have read. He was compassionate to my situation and did everything possible to get me some pain relief until I was able to see a specialist. Excellent bedside manner. He really cares and is respectful. Would love to have him as my PCP. I can't say anything about staff, since I was at the VAMC and staff there far surpasses any staff that I have met at a private practice.

April 16th, 2013
Dr Hawkins has been an Is the most compassion Dr I have had since I got too old to go to Luke AFB.
He is always trying to help you and do not rush you. He doesn't talk down to you which many DR do. The staff need some training and compassion though. Sometimes I do not think they realize people come there because they are sick, not to bother them by coming.

April 8th, 2013
Goodyear Arizona Patient
TOP NOTCH .... AND I have traveled a lot over the years & have had a variety of Primary Care doctors in several states... needed medical care is various states. Dr. Brian Hawkins is .. by far .. right up there with the VERY BEST. Attentive .. Follows up .. Diagnoses right on target ... NO complaints here. So sorry he has left this practice. If I find he is within traveling distance of my home in AZ, I will follow up with him in his next place of practice.

February 24th, 2013
rude staff
Staff is very rude. Otherwise he's a good doctor but why bother...might as well go someplace pleasant. A very ill-mannered group of uneducated numbnuts work in this office.

February 10th, 2013
Thank you...
My office visit of the best experineces that I had for a long time at any doctors office. I have multiple medical issues that requires frequent office visits, eventhough they are very complex, dr. hawkins makes me feel very comfortable and aften spends extra time with me. I don't know what I would have done with hime looking over my shoulder. Thank you for being my guardian angle.

October 7th, 2012
Thank you Dr. Hawkins!
I visited Dr. Hawkins for the first time about two weeks ago, after having issues with a previous PCM. Dr. Hawkins was personable and actually listened to me as I talked (rather than typing on a computer). He discussed with me what medicines I was currently on and if I had ever tried this. He also gave me information about where to fill my medicine, and knew the procedures for getting an urgent care referral. He also went above and beyond to get me the medicine that would treat what I had, rather than automatically sending me elsewhere to get my problem taken care of. As a military wife, I appreciate his "small town" concerns and manners and feel so comfortable contacting him about anything. I don't have to worry about whether or not he is going to help me. I know that he will be there for me now and in the future. I am so lucky to have found Dr. Hawkins! Thank you!!!

July 30th, 2012
Poor Office Staff treatment
Today I went to have blood drawn. Last Monday the Doctor confirmed okay to come but usually don't draw on Monday or Friday. I fasted and went in. A Ms. Garcia informed me they could /would not do my draw. She explained I could go somewhere else. My wife then called to discuss with the doctor the rudness and general lack of care. She was told the doctor didn't govern the policies and probably wouldn't call her back regarding this. My wife hung up on her not before saying nice to know Dr. Hawkins doesn't care about his patients.

July 18th, 2012
DR. HAWKINS HAS BEEN MY MOTHER'S DOCTOR FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS,I HAVE NEVER HAD A MORE CARING DOCTOR, TAKES THE TIME TO ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS, DOES A THOROUGH EXAM, MY MOTHER IS 88 YEARS OLD, I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE COME ACROSS HIM IN THIS TIME IN HER LIFE. THIS OFFICE HAS GONE THROUGH SOME CHANGES, BUT THE SERVICE CONTINUES TO BE EXCELLENT AND BELIEVE ME SHE HAS HAD SOME BAD DOCTORS IN 88 YEARS BUT SHE IS VERY HAPPY AND AT EASE WITH DR. HAWKINS, AND YES SOMETIMES I HAVE TO WAIT ALITTLE LONGER, BUT WHEN OUR TIME COMES, HE ALSO SPENDS THE TIME WITH US AND I ALWAYS FEEL HE HAS ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU DR. HAWKINS!!

February 29th, 2012
Great Doctor
This office visit was the best I had in years. I wish there were more compassionate doctors like him.

December 14th, 2011
Dr Hawkins staff is not very nice and that is the first people you see when you go to the doctor and when this was addressed with Doctor Hawkins he did not seem to care it was more a bother than anything else, that was the last time my family saw this doctor and I would not recommend him to any of my friends or family.

April 4th, 2011
great dr.
Dr. Hawkins was very kind. My wife has seen many Dr.s and hands down Dr. Hawkins is the best. He cares about his patients.