Surgical Specialist
321 Main St
Ste 3C
Johnstown, PA 15901
814-535-6521
Locations and availability (1)

|  show details
Apr 30th, 2013

Had both hips replaced with the new anterior approach. Was back to work within a few weeks. Would recommend and have to anyone needing hip replacement. He is the best!

|  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

Wonderful Doctor knowledge and bed side manner

|  Thankful...  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

Had both knees scoped...at 56 years of age, I am doing the same activities at the same rate of speed I did in college. There is none better than Dr. Gunnlaugson, PERIOD.

|  Hip Replacement  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2012

I referred my father to Dr Gunnlaugson 16yrs ago and since have continued to refer many family and friends. I underwent an anterior approach total hip replacement in May 2012 and was extremely pleased with the surgeon, staff,preoperative preparation, and office procedure. Pt satisfaction and understanding of care was a priority. The surgery and postop care was excellent and I've progressed very well with this less invasive surgery. I will continue to refer Dr Gunnlaugson to anyone in need of outstanding orthopedic services.

|  Rick  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2011

Dr. G. performed a right total knee replacement in March 2010. Before the surgery I couldn't walk without extreme pain. A year later, I can walk 5 miles a day, ride a 10 speed bicycle and enjoy retirement. Would recommend to anyone with knee problems.

|  Excellent orthopedic knowledge  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2010

Dr. Gunnlaugson "Gunny" is a very experienced orthopedic surgeon. He has done 1000's of proceedures on knees and hips in his PA practice. Being one of the most highly thought of specialists in his field, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone who is having osteo-arthritis joint problems.

|  Simply the Best  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2010

Dr. Gunnlaugson did both my knees, left in 2004 & right in 2005,I was 52. He is a caring doctor that actually sat and listened to all I had to say and answered all my questions.He studied the x-rays and MRI's and with the condition of my knees did a total knee replacement. I have recommended him to quite a few people. In my opion there is no better doctor around.