Surgical Specialist, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dentist

Adolescent Tooth exposure show details Adolescent Tooth exposure
Aug 2nd, 2016

Dr Cohen performed a tooth exposure on my apprehensive 14 yr old daughter. He and his staff did an excellent job. She did not remember the procedure and had a surprisingly fast recovery as Dr Cohen told her she would. He was experienced and professional, he followed up with a phone call himself to check on her that evening. The staff was caring and attentive to her needs. Being in the healthcare business I was impressed.

by Brittany ruelle on Jul 19th, 2016

Dr cohen was the best dentist I ever been to, he's nice, fast, and very smart. He sure knows how to treat patients and get the job done and without pain! Thank you dr cohen I will be visiting you if I ever need another pulled! I did have to wait a little but they got me in at last min and still did it in a timely matter

Highly Recommend Dr Cohen show details Highly Recommend Dr Cohen
by Norma Barrett on Jul 18th, 2016

I had an emergency situation, and Dr Cohen, seen me the same day. The office was beautiful and the entire staff could not have been better. Dr Cohen was amazing, he made sure I was fully numb, the extraction was painless, I would highly recommend Dr Cohen.

by Mona B. on Jul 11th, 2016

Amazing team! Amazingly fun Doctor! I didn't think it would be this easy and quick to pull out a wisdom tooth but it was. Overall, an easy, great experience :)

Excellent Care show details Excellent Care
by Peter Brown on Jul 9th, 2016

Dr. Cohen is a wonderful caring doc. I definitely have anxiety when I go to any health care professional, but having to have several extractions- wow was I nervous. Doc was gentle, caring and kind. I actually felt at ease. His great skill was obvious, as my discomfort only lasted a day, and was relieved with Tylenol. Doc actually called me later in the day. Highly recommend!!!

Jun 26th, 2016

Waited one week to see Dr. Cohen through a referral given by my general dentist. You will notice in most of the reviews that people comment on the staffs lack of knowledge or attitude. I assure you that this is most likely due to the way that they are treated by Dr. Cohen who most likely has a high turnover. Surgical assistants do not need a liscense beyond X-Ray certification and some doctors wishing to save money believe that they can self train a good staff! Most well established and responsible practices hire assistants who are certified and trained or a staff of nurses. Upon arrival at the office I was told that they did not receive an x-Ray from my referring dentist, that they were unable to reach the office to have the digital peri apical sent and that the only x-Ray they offer is a panorex( an x-Ray of the entire mouth at a significantly higher price)! I worked in dentistry for seven years in Vermont, for extremely professional doctors! Peri apical x-rays are very common for local extractions. And routine prior to extraction of a single tooth, following extraction of a single tooth should a root tip not be retrievable and before and after implant placement. I waited well over an hour to be seen and decided to phone my dentists office to see if I could get a copy of my x-Ray. No problem. Got through immediately. Was told 3 receptionists were on staff that day. The x-Ray was sent. When I was finally taken back and the Dr. Entered he brought with him a huge chip on his shoulder and someone else's radiograph! I almost walked out immediately. I told him that he was extremely unfriendly and that perhaps he did not have time to see me. He responded that he was upset with his staff for squeezing me in to a time slot that was difficult for him. I told him that the issue should be taken up with his staff and not out on his patient. I left with drugs for the pain and an unresolved issue. After almost a month of pain I left feeling deflated and uncared about! Since this appointment I have seen another very professional oral surgeon who is unable to do the procedure necessary due to a trip out of town and I have an appointment in 2 days with another oral surgeon to do the surgery. Both professional, considerate, knowledgable, compassionate! If you want to be treated like complete !h!t, and charged for X-rays that are unnecessary and the feeling that you are another number-Next in Line! Go to Dr. Cohen! He will come through for you in that way!

GOOD EXPERIENCE OVERALL show details GOOD EXPERIENCE OVERALL
Jun 9th, 2016

Got a great appointment. Visit was very good. Doc was friendly and very informative. Staff needs more training. Haven't had the surgery yet. We'll see and post an update after. :)

Apr 15th, 2016

Dr. Cohen is the best, painless, reassuring Oral Surgeon in Michigan. I had an amazing experience, need anything teeth extractions or implants done, I recommend Dr. Brian Cohen.

by Zeinab Musa on Apr 12th, 2016

Dr.Cohen has magical hands! He removed 2 of my wisdom teeth and did a fantastic job. He will make sure his patients don't feel a thing. He was constantly asking if I'm okay and if I was in any pain to make sure I was fine. His primary concern is his patient at the moment. I would most definitely recommend him to anybody. Office is super clean, the surgury rooms are spotless, the workers are awesome. Overall, this place was very professional. I will be back for my other 2 wisdoms very soon!

by Mar on Mar 10th, 2016

Dr Cohen is the absolute best oral surgeon. I had two impacted front teeth and I was extremely nervous about seeing an oral surgeon, as I have seen several in the past. If you are afraid, Please do yourself a favor and go see the Best Oral Surgeon Dr. Cohen. I was a patient and I can't see how he can get a bad review he and his staff are Excellent. He pulledy teeth and stitched me in less than five minutes. I love Dr Cohen and his staff.

Dec 18th, 2015

Dr. Brian H Cohen DDS MD is an arrogant horrible dentist! I've seen him twice for oral surgery in a matter of 6 months. Each time I waited for two hours before he sedated me then NEVER took an X-ray yet my insurance was charged $90.00. Also wanted to charge me $44.00 for 4 amoxicillin which I had with me from previous visit. Said that was what the insurance states he can charge me that amount when a drug store will give them FREE! Just because the insurance said you can charge up to $44.00 for four amoxicillin DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD! Again where are your morals as human being? When calling to complain Dr. Cohen HOW DARE YOU STATE THAT I WAS HAVING I BI-Polar melt down because I take an anit-depressant and it is NOT for BI-Polar. See HOW Arrogant YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!! Not to even listen to your client with complaint. You treated your staff arrogantly by scolding them like they were a child in front of me the patience, when YOU should have taken them a sided and NOT chastised them in front of your patience. I KNOW I am NOT your first complaint with these exact problems. You are mean, arrogant, and demeaning to people. PLUS you are over charging customers for work NOT DONE!!! I have also put in a complaint with the better business and with the board of Dentistry and I am also DEMANDING that Blue Cross and Delta Dental Insurance looks into your billing practice and the way you treat YOUR patience WHOM you make a lot of MONEY off of! Not only are the people that come to you are in extreme pain and hard to come up with the outrageous amount of money needed to stop infection and remove the tooth! There is ABSOLUTLY NO REASON WHAT SO EVER for a patience to experience pain when getting a numbing shot way to much on the market to make sure YOUR patience DOES NOT experience additional pain FROM YOU THE HIGHLY PAID PROFESSIONAL!! WHICH WAS FAR FROM PROFESSIONAL!!! So the break down to have a tooth removed $198.00 tooth extraction, $90.00 for X-ray, $75.00 for the office visit, $65.00 for gas sedative which I complained that it wasn't working that the gas what escaping into my eyes and was told don't worry almost done! WHAT THE heck did I PAY $65.00 for when I have NO EFFECT!!!

Best experience ever show details Best experience ever
Dec 4th, 2015

Amazing people. Sweet funny and kind. This was absolutely the best dental experience for my daughter and I was not worried to leave her in the room with them when it was time for the procedure. It felt like I was leaving her with family. They are absolutely amazing! I told my daughter if Dr. Cohen was single I would marry him. LOL!

Apr 23rd, 2015

brian cohen is the best professional,funny,did the job fast... thxs again!!!!!

The Best!! show details The Best!!
by Laurie on Mar 30th, 2015

Dr. Cohen is a doll. He eased my fear and talked to me through the entire procedure. His staff is wonderful - they are very caring.

Jan 8th, 2015

great surgeon, made me feel very comfortable

Service show details Service
by Carrie Dakin on Aug 8th, 2014

I had attempted to have a nasty tooth pulled at a regular dentist. After having numbed me the maximum times, they then referred me to Dr. Cohen who immediately took me in. As nervous and traumatized as I was, he and his staff took excellent care of me. He literally had me laughing and talking through the whole experience. He was very caring and put me at ease. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! The offices were very clean and the staff was very caring..

oral surgery show details oral surgery
by Wally Hassan on Aug 1st, 2014

Wow Dr. Cohen is best oral surgeoun ive gone to. Made it really easy for me and did it so fast that i barely felt my wisdom teeth coming out. Very nice and treats you with a lot of respect. Highly recommended.

Great Doctor/Dentis show details Great Doctor/Dentis
by Rayan El Zein on Nov 8th, 2013

Dr. Cohen is very funny and made the whole process of getting my wisdom teeth pulled out a breeze.

Great Doctor and staff show details Great Doctor and staff
by Ashley W. on Oct 22nd, 2013

I'm so glad I decided to go with Dr. Cohen to have my remaining wisdom tooth and an additional tooth taken out by him. I previously had my other wisdom teeth taken out by another oral surgeon where I wasn't numbed enough so I still felt everything. To say the least I was pretty nervous about having teeth taken out again and feeling that kind of pain. Dr. Cohen was awesome! He made sure I was numb and comfortable, continued to ask me if I was ok and even had me laughing. I'm so thankful for him and his assistant for taking care of me the way they did and would highly recommend him to anyone!

by Chelsea C on Oct 16th, 2013

I was extremely nervous for this surgery. Although everyone gets their wisdom teeth out, I am a big baby when it comes to dentists. Dr. Cohen made me feel at ease with the procedure, he explained himself thoroughly and answered every question I had. I was being sedated, which honestly scared me itself. He was very gentle while putting the IV in, made me laugh and almost made me forgot what was being done. The last thing I remember thinking, once the IV was in my arm, was about a beautiful, warm, white sand beach in Florida as I drifted into a slumber. I woke up, completely numb, with the assistant telling me I was all finished and could not have done better. After resting, he came into recovery to check on me, talked and joked like a was a real person he truly cared about, instead of just "some patient." It has been almost a week now since the surgery and I am healing wonderfully. Dr. Cohen, and his office staff, have even checked up on me to see how I was doing prior to my follow up appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Cohen as an oral surgeon, he is a wonderful doctor and took great care of me. If I had to go back to see him for any other dental work, I would fully trust my teeth in his hands.

Highly Recommend! show details Highly Recommend!
by Max on Sep 24th, 2013

Dr. Cohen and his team were wonderful! I went in to have a wisdom teeth extracted (just one, upper right). I get very nervous before appointments, but realized there was nothing to be worried about. The front desk staff were nice enough, but the real gems were the helpers in the back "offices" who walked me through the procedure, gave me some calming gas, took my blood pressure/pulse, and so on. I waited about 15-20 minutes in the front area (I think I was the first patient of the day) and was then taken back. I only received numbing shots during the surgery. I saw Dr. Cohen for only a few short minutes during the procedure. I didn't feel a thing! I was in disbelief that my tooth was even out of my head. It was wild. It has been 5 full days since my surgery, and I only felt a little dull soreness/slight headache every now and then, only after I stopped taking pain medications (was prescribed Vicodin, Ibuprofen, and an antibiotic). Overall, very good experience and was nothing to get nervous about. I will go to him when/if my other wisdom teeth need to come out.

by Caitlyn T. on Aug 2nd, 2013

I felt very comfortable , great atmosphere & amazing staff . Felt very at safe and cared for.

Outstanding Experience show details Outstanding Experience
Aug 1st, 2013

Dr. Cohen along with his staff did an excellent job on my wisdom teeth. Overall, I had a great experience. There is no reason why you should not come to him for your oral surgery needs.

Great Experience! show details Great Experience!
by Ali Cheaib on Jul 26th, 2013

First off, I would like to thank Dr. Brian Cohen and the staff behind him on a job well done. Before, during, and after the procedure I always felt confident with the surgery. I was extremely impressed and will definitely recommend Dr. Brian Cohen to many people.

by Leann haddad on Jul 22nd, 2013

Wonderful

by Meg Y on Jul 16th, 2013

Dr. Cohen extracted two of my wisdom teeth, he did a great job and I barley felt a thing. I was up and (literally) running the next day. I will definitely be seeing him for my other two wisdom teeth.

Great Office Staff!!! show details Great Office Staff!!!
by Tonya H. on Jun 20th, 2013

I was seen on an emergency basis a few weeks ago at Dr. Brian Cohen's office to have a tooth extracted . Starting with a phone call (while in tears at my Dentist's office), to my emergency extraction, and ending with my follow up appointment the entire staff was Wonderful! Everyone was so personable, respectful, and kind. And on the business side, they were efficient and professional. I would recommend this office to my family and friends, because a friendly smile and a little compassion has a lasting effect! A Sincere "Thank You" to Dr. Cohen and his Staff.

If only his staff was gone......... show details If only his staff was gone.........
Jun 12th, 2013

I liked Dr. Cohen quite a lot. I thought he was nice, and was very willing to do anything I needed. I needed just two of my wisdom teeth removed, and I was terrified. He talked me through it and things were fantastic, so I made the appointment. When he did my surgery, I was a bit of a mess but he talked me through it again and I left his office with very little pain. I had no pain the following weekend and had very little swelling as well. I was (and still am) extremely pleased with my surgery. The dental assistants were also lovely and so helpful. Any questions and concerns I had were answered quickly. HOWEVER.... his office staff is not as great as he is. They had called to remind me to not eat anything 8 hours before my appointment for three consecutive evenings prior to my Friday morning appointment. That was a little excessive, but it is policy and I appreciated their dedication to me as a patient. During each phone call, I asked what my total was for my surgery, so I could plan to bring a completed check the day of. Each time I asked during these phone calls (a total of 10 times), it was the same total. I showed up the morning of my surgery to find that it was $50 more than that total. THIS was why I asked repeatedly on the phone, to avoid this. I was on edge out of nervousness already, so when I said "No, I was told each time I spoke to you that it was this amount", I was snapped at and told that I was wrong and to please pay. I tried to say that it wasn't, but she just kept saying "Sorry, it was an error." and repeated the increased total. I figured I had no choice so I tore up the check and used my debit card. Then, I waited a total of one hour in the waiting room without anyone asking any questions of me, and then an additional 30 minutes in the actual room. It was now 1pm and I had not eaten/drank water (per the doctor's understandable surgery instructions) since 10pm the night before, so I was not pleased. The dental assistants' and Dr. Cohen's kindness were the only reason that I was not livid, and the surgery went on. As I said about Dr. Cohen, it was fabulous and event free. However, I called several days later about my increase in pay and was met with major attitude. She told me that it was my fault because I had two insurances and THEY didn't know how to bill them. I was confused as to how having two insurance companies (that this office supports, that is why I went to them) was considered a BAD thing. I tried to explain to the girl that I did not see how that was my fault, therefore why did I have to pay more after being told I didn't, and she told me that they "might send me a check one day once they figured out how to bill the insurance company". I told her that it wouldn't be necessary and that I wouldn't be back because of how unsatisfied I was with the office staff. That was a shame because I really liked Dr. Cohen, and I do eventually need my bottom wisdom teeth removed. If only the office staff was gone!!!!!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Dave T. on May 22nd, 2013

I have been to Dr Cohen several times me and my wife and now my grown children go to him. He has a great bedside manner and is very specific on what he wants to do. Does not beat around the bush and gives a straight up diagnosis. I recommend Dr. Cohen highly and will continue going to him. If you have to wait its worth it because he will give you the same time when hes with you.

Wonderful professional doctor show details Wonderful professional doctor
by Briana Calderon on Apr 30th, 2013

Dr Cohen is very professional and makes sure all your concerns are answered .Dr Cohen explains everything you will experience totally makes sure you understand what to expect .His staff is very caring and professional.Dr Cohen make sure that you know you can always contact him after leaving the office of you have any concerns or questions.He is a very caring and personable doctor and that's hard to find.Will refer all my family and friends to Dr Cohen.

Service show details Service
by Mrs. D. Martin on Mar 15th, 2013

Wonderful people at this office!, including receptionists, assistants and Dr. Cohen himself. You feel so comfortable and calm! really I did although I was having a wisdom tooth extracted. I was sitting in the dental chair told all the processes and procedures. The next thing I now it was over!! No pain! And leaving was just as pleasant. Thank You! P.S.S. I now this review is a month late, but I appreciate the care and compassion shown to me.

by valerie on Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Cohen coverd all issues, side affects, what to expect concerning this major procedure even change his schedule to do this oral surgery. with very little side effects what a great team my hats off to dr brian H. cohen and his staff. thank you

Good Chairside Manner show details Good Chairside Manner
by Edwin W. Anderson on Feb 25th, 2013

Referred to him with an infected tooth with a cracked root that had to be extracted. He did that quickly with the minimum amount of discomfort while giving me confidence that all was going to be fine. I would definitely go back to him without hesitation.

Best oral surgeon ever! show details Best oral surgeon ever!
Nov 26th, 2012

Dr. Cohen is a great oral surgeon! He was nice and very understanding. He made me feel at ease. The staff was excellent. Hope kept me calm and preoccupied. The surgery was painless and was over in minutes. I didn't feel a thing. Recovery was painless also--like I never had anything done.

Jul 7th, 2012

I have to say I am very impressed with Dr. Cohen and his staff. I had a wisdom teeth extraction scheduled and when I arrived an emergency situation arose and I had to wait a bit longer, but the staff continually checked on me and made me feel comfortable. Following my surgery I had a couple concerns and when I left a message at 5:30 in the morning (expecting a call back when the office opened at 8) I was extremely surprised when less than five minutes later I received a call back from Dr. Cohen. I later had a concern and called to leave a message (because it was the weekend and the office was closed) and I had to call back a second time because I got disconnected and the Dr. answered. He immediately called in a new prescription and made sure he had my phone number so he can call and check back in. Needless to say I am far beyond impressed with his personal client care. It's so rare to find a medical professional who goes that far to care for his clients and I'm so happy I found Dr. Cohen.

Jul 7th, 2012

Feb 18th, 2012

fully informed patient of of work to be done and recovery time.kept people in waiting room informed.best of all NO PAIN

Feb 18th, 2012

NuNNNurseurse Practitionerurse Practitonerrse Practitioner show details NuNNNurseurse Practitionerurse Practitonerrse Practitioner
Feb 7th, 2012

I've had the greatest dental surgical experience in my life time at the office of Dr. Brian H. Cohen. The office atmosphere and environment is both pleasant, professional and appealing. I'd recommend anyone to encounter such an experience.

great doctor show details great doctor
Jan 26th, 2012

- recommend Dr. Cohen to ANYONE. He is great at what he does. I went in to get my wisdom tooth removed. Painless process, and no pain after. This is my first visit with the doctor and it definately won't be my last. He knows what he is doing and for anyone needing any type of oral surgery he is the one. He even gave me a hug after surgery lol great guy and great doctor. See for urself.

New Patient show details New Patient
Nov 18th, 2011

Had an appt. at 8:00am Dr. did not come in until 8:50 was in a hurray didnt ask all of my questions. Staff was not helpful at all

Sep 29th, 2010

I was very frightened. Dr. Cohen was very reassuring. He was kind and considerate. He and the staff explained all procedures thorooughly, and were very attentive. I had no pain during the procedure, and no pain afterwards. I would recommend Dr. Cohen and staff to anyone!

wisdom teeth removed show details wisdom teeth removed
by Heidi on Feb 11th, 2010

I went to this doctor to get my wisdom teeth out with my little brother. I had 3 and my brother had 4 teeth, all of which were impacted in bone. This was the first surgery of our lives for both of us, and I have always had a major phobia of doctors. I have heard SO many horror stories about this procedure. My other brother got dry sockets, my sister was swollen like a chipmunk. For our exams, my brother and I were in the room together and the doctor was very helpful in all of our questions and concerns. When I went into the room a couple of days later for surgery, I was petrified. I started crying to the nurse about how scared I was. They gave me some nitrous oxide and I was VERY relaxed within about 1 minute. They slipped the IV in and I hardly felt it. The next thing I remember, I was waking up and they were still cutting, and I was crying so hard, as this is a side effect for women of the sedative. Nothing hurt though, and they were done shortly. I kept crying for no reason, but they were very understanding. When we were both done (I have no estimate of how much time this took), they helped my mom take us downstairs to the car (in wheelchairs so we didn't fall everywhere). My mom immediately gave us each some of the prescribed ibuprofen and vicodin, and we went to sleep for a few hours. When we woke up, we were in no pain. There was not any excessive bleeding, we were able to eat fairly solid foods if we were careful. We had normal conversations with people, no swelling at all. We stayed on a normal schedule with the drugs for about 24 hours, and after that felt no need to take them at all (except for the antibiotics of course). Overall, this experience was 200 percent better than I ever expected, I have never heard of someone having such a great experience as we had with this procedure, this doctor clearly knows what he is doing, and that is the most important factor in choosing any doctor.