Surgeons, Dentist

Dearborn Oral/Maxillofacial
2120 Monroe St
Dearborn, MI 48124
313-562-5800
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.6774193548387 of 4 stars
 |  Service  |  show details
by Carrie Dakin on Aug 8th, 2014

I had attempted to have a nasty tooth pulled at a regular dentist. After having numbed me the maximum times, they then referred me to Dr. Cohen who immediately took me in. As nervous and traumatized as I was, he and his staff took excellent care of me. He literally had me laughing and talking through the whole experience. He was very caring and put me at ease. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! The offices were very clean and the staff was very caring..

|  oral surgery  |  show details
by Wally Hassan on Aug 1st, 2014

Wow Dr. Cohen is best oral surgeoun ive gone to. Made it really easy for me and did it so fast that i barely felt my wisdom teeth coming out. Very nice and treats you with a lot of respect. Highly recommended.

|  Great Doctor/Dentis  |  show details
by Rayan El Zein on Nov 8th, 2013

Dr. Cohen is very funny and made the whole process of getting my wisdom teeth pulled out a breeze.

|  Great Doctor and staff  |  show details
by Ashley W. on Oct 22nd, 2013

I'm so glad I decided to go with Dr. Cohen to have my remaining wisdom tooth and an additional tooth taken out by him. I previously had my other wisdom teeth taken out by another oral surgeon where I wasn't numbed enough so I still felt everything. To say the least I was pretty nervous about having teeth taken out again and feeling that kind of pain. Dr. Cohen was awesome! He made sure I was numb and comfortable, continued to ask me if I was ok and even had me laughing. I'm so thankful for him and his assistant for taking care of me the way they did and would highly recommend him to anyone!

by Chelsea C on Oct 16th, 2013

I was extremely nervous for this surgery. Although everyone gets their wisdom teeth out, I am a big baby when it comes to dentists. Dr. Cohen made me feel at ease with the procedure, he explained himself thoroughly and answered every question I had. I was being sedated, which honestly scared me itself. He was very gentle while putting the IV in, made me laugh and almost made me forgot what was being done. The last thing I remember thinking, once the IV was in my arm, was about a beautiful, warm, white sand beach in Florida as I drifted into a slumber. I woke up, completely numb, with the assistant telling me I was all finished and could not have done better. After resting, he came into recovery to check on me, talked and joked like a was a real person he truly cared about, instead of just "some patient." It has been almost a week now since the surgery and I am healing wonderfully. Dr. Cohen, and his office staff, have even checked up on me to see how I was doing prior to my follow up appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Cohen as an oral surgeon, he is a wonderful doctor and took great care of me. If I had to go back to see him for any other dental work, I would fully trust my teeth in his hands.

|  Highly Recommend!  |  show details
by Max on Sep 24th, 2013

Dr. Cohen and his team were wonderful! I went in to have a wisdom teeth extracted (just one, upper right). I get very nervous before appointments, but realized there was nothing to be worried about. The front desk staff were nice enough, but the real gems were the helpers in the back "offices" who walked me through the procedure, gave me some calming gas, took my blood pressure/pulse, and so on. I waited about 15-20 minutes in the front area (I think I was the first patient of the day) and was then taken back. I only received numbing shots during the surgery. I saw Dr. Cohen for only a few short minutes during the procedure. I didn't feel a thing! I was in disbelief that my tooth was even out of my head. It was wild. It has been 5 full days since my surgery, and I only felt a little dull soreness/slight headache every now and then, only after I stopped taking pain medications (was prescribed Vicodin, Ibuprofen, and an antibiotic). Overall, very good experience and was nothing to get nervous about. I will go to him when/if my other wisdom teeth need to come out.

by Caitlyn T. on Aug 2nd, 2013

I felt very comfortable , great atmosphere & amazing staff . Felt very at safe and cared for.

|  Outstanding Experience  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2013

Dr. Cohen along with his staff did an excellent job on my wisdom teeth. Overall, I had a great experience. There is no reason why you should not come to him for your oral surgery needs.

|  Great Experience!  |  show details
by Ali Cheaib on Jul 26th, 2013

First off, I would like to thank Dr. Brian Cohen and the staff behind him on a job well done. Before, during, and after the procedure I always felt confident with the surgery. I was extremely impressed and will definitely recommend Dr. Brian Cohen to many people.

by Leann haddad on Jul 22nd, 2013

Wonderful

by Meg Y on Jul 16th, 2013

Dr. Cohen extracted two of my wisdom teeth, he did a great job and I barley felt a thing. I was up and (literally) running the next day. I will definitely be seeing him for my other two wisdom teeth.

|  Great Office Staff!!!  |  show details
by Tonya H. on Jun 20th, 2013

I was seen on an emergency basis a few weeks ago at Dr. Brian Cohen's office to have a tooth extracted . Starting with a phone call (while in tears at my Dentist's office), to my emergency extraction, and ending with my follow up appointment the entire staff was Wonderful! Everyone was so personable, respectful, and kind. And on the business side, they were efficient and professional. I would recommend this office to my family and friends, because a friendly smile and a little compassion has a lasting effect! A Sincere "Thank You" to Dr. Cohen and his Staff.

|  If only his staff was gone.........  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2013

I liked Dr. Cohen quite a lot. I thought he was nice, and was very willing to do anything I needed. I needed just two of my wisdom teeth removed, and I was terrified. He talked me through it and things were fantastic, so I made the appointment. When he did my surgery, I was a bit of a mess but he talked me through it again and I left his office with very little pain. I had no pain the following weekend and had very little swelling as well. I was (and still am) extremely pleased with my surgery. The dental assistants were also lovely and so helpful. Any questions and concerns I had were answered quickly. HOWEVER.... his office staff is not as great as he is. They had called to remind me to not eat anything 8 hours before my appointment for three consecutive evenings prior to my Friday morning appointment. That was a little excessive, but it is policy and I appreciated their dedication to me as a patient. During each phone call, I asked what my total was for my surgery, so I could plan to bring a completed check the day of. Each time I asked during these phone calls (a total of 10 times), it was the same total. I showed up the morning of my surgery to find that it was $50 more than that total. THIS was why I asked repeatedly on the phone, to avoid this. I was on edge out of nervousness already, so when I said "No, I was told each time I spoke to you that it was this amount", I was snapped at and told that I was wrong and to please pay. I tried to say that it wasn't, but she just kept saying "Sorry, it was an error." and repeated the increased total. I figured I had no choice so I tore up the check and used my debit card. Then, I waited a total of one hour in the waiting room without anyone asking any questions of me, and then an additional 30 minutes in the actual room. It was now 1pm and I had not eaten/drank water (per the doctor's understandable surgery instructions) since 10pm the night before, so I was not pleased. The dental assistants' and Dr. Cohen's kindness were the only reason that I was not livid, and the surgery went on. As I said about Dr. Cohen, it was fabulous and event free. However, I called several days later about my increase in pay and was met with major attitude. She told me that it was my fault because I had two insurances and THEY didn't know how to bill them. I was confused as to how having two insurance companies (that this office supports, that is why I went to them) was considered a BAD thing. I tried to explain to the girl that I did not see how that was my fault, therefore why did I have to pay more after being told I didn't, and she told me that they "might send me a check one day once they figured out how to bill the insurance company". I told her that it wouldn't be necessary and that I wouldn't be back because of how unsatisfied I was with the office staff. That was a shame because I really liked Dr. Cohen, and I do eventually need my bottom wisdom teeth removed. If only the office staff was gone!!!!!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Dave T. on May 22nd, 2013

I have been to Dr Cohen several times me and my wife and now my grown children go to him. He has a great bedside manner and is very specific on what he wants to do. Does not beat around the bush and gives a straight up diagnosis. I recommend Dr. Cohen highly and will continue going to him. If you have to wait its worth it because he will give you the same time when hes with you.

|  Wonderful professional doctor  |  show details
by Briana Calderon on Apr 30th, 2013

Dr Cohen is very professional and makes sure all your concerns are answered .Dr Cohen explains everything you will experience totally makes sure you understand what to expect .His staff is very caring and professional.Dr Cohen make sure that you know you can always contact him after leaving the office of you have any concerns or questions.He is a very caring and personable doctor and that's hard to find.Will refer all my family and friends to Dr Cohen.

|  Service  |  show details
by Mrs. D. Martin on Mar 15th, 2013

Wonderful people at this office!, including receptionists, assistants and Dr. Cohen himself. You feel so comfortable and calm! really I did although I was having a wisdom tooth extracted. I was sitting in the dental chair told all the processes and procedures. The next thing I now it was over!! No pain! And leaving was just as pleasant. Thank You! P.S.S. I now this review is a month late, but I appreciate the care and compassion shown to me.

by valerie on Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Cohen coverd all issues, side affects, what to expect concerning this major procedure even change his schedule to do this oral surgery. with very little side effects what a great team my hats off to dr brian H. cohen and his staff. thank you

|  Good Chairside Manner  |  show details
by Edwin W. Anderson on Feb 25th, 2013

Referred to him with an infected tooth with a cracked root that had to be extracted. He did that quickly with the minimum amount of discomfort while giving me confidence that all was going to be fine. I would definitely go back to him without hesitation.

|  Best oral surgeon ever!  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

Dr. Cohen is a great oral surgeon! He was nice and very understanding. He made me feel at ease. The staff was excellent. Hope kept me calm and preoccupied. The surgery was painless and was over in minutes. I didn't feel a thing. Recovery was painless also--like I never had anything done.

Jul 7th, 2012

I have to say I am very impressed with Dr. Cohen and his staff. I had a wisdom teeth extraction scheduled and when I arrived an emergency situation arose and I had to wait a bit longer, but the staff continually checked on me and made me feel comfortable. Following my surgery I had a couple concerns and when I left a message at 5:30 in the morning (expecting a call back when the office opened at 8) I was extremely surprised when less than five minutes later I received a call back from Dr. Cohen. I later had a concern and called to leave a message (because it was the weekend and the office was closed) and I had to call back a second time because I got disconnected and the Dr. answered. He immediately called in a new prescription and made sure he had my phone number so he can call and check back in. Needless to say I am far beyond impressed with his personal client care. It's so rare to find a medical professional who goes that far to care for his clients and I'm so happy I found Dr. Cohen.

Jul 7th, 2012

|  Dr.Brian H.Cohen may have very well saved my life!  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Cohen from a dentist who took one look at me and said I can't help you. I went into his office on a Friday morning for a 10:30 appointment. Dr. Cohen being not only a DDS but an MD as well refused to let me walk out of his office without helping me. I was sick in and out of the hospital for 5 days, my face, jaw and neck on the left side were all swollen uncontrollably, before my visit with Dr. Cohen. There were Doctors & Oral Surgeons from three hospitals were all working together to try to figure out what was wrong with me. In all I had 2 CT scans, a chest x-ray, regular dental x-rays, a Panoramic dental x-ray and a special x-ray at the Endodontist's office. Dr. Cohen reviewed my x rays and sent me to the Endodontist for the special x-ray because he was just not satisfied that I was suffering from just a gum or gland infection. He was convinced it was something worse. The Endodontist found a small crack in the root of my back molar. He sent me back to Doctor Cohen that same day to have the tooth immediately removed. Doctor Cohen fit me right in! Pulled the tooth and then called Henry Ford Hospital West Bloomfield and had me admitted for IV antibiotics. All of this before 5 p.m. that same day. It was crazy, like an episode of house for sure. The doctors think that infection was making me sick for months maybe even years. If it wasn't for Dr. Cohen I honestly am not sure I would be here today. He refused to just right a prescription and send me on my way! Doctor's like him are hard to find! I thank him from the bottom of my heart for CARING! I will refer everybody and anybody to him. I know my family are now ALL going to be seeing Dr. Brian H. Cohen D.D.S, M.D. for all our Oral Surgery needs. XOXO's <3 Caryn A. Timbs

Feb 18th, 2012

fully informed patient of of work to be done and recovery time.kept people in waiting room informed.best of all NO PAIN

|  NuNNNurseurse Practitionerurse Practitonerrse Practitioner  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

I've had the greatest dental surgical experience in my life time at the office of Dr. Brian H. Cohen. The office atmosphere and environment is both pleasant, professional and appealing. I'd recommend anyone to encounter such an experience.

|  great doctor  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2012

- recommend Dr. Cohen to ANYONE. He is great at what he does. I went in to get my wisdom tooth removed. Painless process, and no pain after. This is my first visit with the doctor and it definately won't be my last. He knows what he is doing and for anyone needing any type of oral surgery he is the one. He even gave me a hug after surgery lol great guy and great doctor. See for urself.

|  New Patient  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2011

Had an appt. at 8:00am Dr. did not come in until 8:50 was in a hurray didnt ask all of my questions. Staff was not helpful at all

Sep 29th, 2010

I was very frightened. Dr. Cohen was very reassuring. He was kind and considerate. He and the staff explained all procedures thorooughly, and were very attentive. I had no pain during the procedure, and no pain afterwards. I would recommend Dr. Cohen and staff to anyone!

|  wisdom teeth removed  |  show details
by Heidi on Feb 11th, 2010

I went to this doctor to get my wisdom teeth out with my little brother. I had 3 and my brother had 4 teeth, all of which were impacted in bone. This was the first surgery of our lives for both of us, and I have always had a major phobia of doctors. I have heard SO many horror stories about this procedure. My other brother got dry sockets, my sister was swollen like a chipmunk. For our exams, my brother and I were in the room together and the doctor was very helpful in all of our questions and concerns. When I went into the room a couple of days later for surgery, I was petrified. I started crying to the nurse about how scared I was. They gave me some nitrous oxide and I was VERY relaxed within about 1 minute. They slipped the IV in and I hardly felt it. The next thing I remember, I was waking up and they were still cutting, and I was crying so hard, as this is a side effect for women of the sedative. Nothing hurt though, and they were done shortly. I kept crying for no reason, but they were very understanding. When we were both done (I have no estimate of how much time this took), they helped my mom take us downstairs to the car (in wheelchairs so we didn't fall everywhere). My mom immediately gave us each some of the prescribed ibuprofen and vicodin, and we went to sleep for a few hours. When we woke up, we were in no pain. There was not any excessive bleeding, we were able to eat fairly solid foods if we were careful. We had normal conversations with people, no swelling at all. We stayed on a normal schedule with the drugs for about 24 hours, and after that felt no need to take them at all (except for the antibiotics of course). Overall, this experience was 200 percent better than I ever expected, I have never heard of someone having such a great experience as we had with this procedure, this doctor clearly knows what he is doing, and that is the most important factor in choosing any doctor.