Dr. Brian Thomas MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 12th, 2016
Proceed with Caution
Beware of doctors who too easily prescribe the medications, such as ADHD meds, that can cause such harm to young people and destruction in our society. When my daughter was in 10th grade and claimed to suddenly have a severe problem focusing at school, I took her to Dr. Brian Thomas. He prescribed Vyvanse without testing my daughter for ADHD. Each month, when she asked for an increase in the dosage, he increased it, to the point that she was at the maximum 70 mg/day. When she told him Vyvanse helped during the school day, but she needed something else for after school, he added Adderall. When she wanted that dosage increased, he increased it. During the past four years, because my daughter has been in rehab for drug abuse, I have heard from many parents whose children’s drug abuse began with ADHD medications. I am grateful that my daughter has been sober 15 months, but I wouldn’t wish our frightening journey on anyone. I think it could have been avoided if Dr. Thomas had alerted us to the dangers of ADHD medications and had not been so quick to hand out prescriptions. I wish he had had my daughter tested for ADHD prior to ever prescribing the first pill. I wish he had told me that it’s easy for high school students to memorize the symptoms of ADHD so they can get prescription meds from a doctor. I wish he had questioned her sudden problem with focus at age 15. I wish he had told me that high school girls want to take ADHD medications to lose weight. I wish he had warned me that these medications can lead to other drug abuse/usage. I wish he had instructed me to keep the pills in my possession and to distribute one pill/day to her. I wish he had declined to increase the dosage to the max and add additional medications. I wish he had warned my daughter about relying solely on these pills to increase her focus in school. Although I realize ADHD meds, taken correctly, can help some people who have been diagnosed with ADHD, they can also cause great harm. Don’t make the mistake I made in blindly trusting Dr. Thomas.

May 31st, 2017
Office never answers the phone, not even for the pharmacy.

April 19th, 2017