Brian Hamlin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2017
Revision knee
After about 23 years with a knee replacement, it got loose. Since Dr. D'Antonio retired from doing surgery, I was referred to Dr. Hamlin who did revisions. After talking with Dr. Hamlin and having x-rays, I made the decision to have a revision. Dr. Hamlin also thought that the top part of my knee replacement didn't look like there was anything wrong with it and he said since I had a good doctor who did my replacement he thought it might be okay and didn't like to fix something that wasn't broke. He couldn't say how long it would last and maybe it would have to be replaced in another year. I gave him permission to make the decision when he was doing the revision. He decided not to replace the top part of the knee and it's been about 3 years now and everything is great. I know he did a a revision on a friend of mine and this person had 3 other surgeries on his knee with another doctor which left him with no knee joint. I saw him a few days ago and he was walking. Dr. Hamlin is very caring and I felt very trusting in his care. I have almost a perfect bend and no pain or discomfort. I would and have recommended Dr. Hamlin to those who are looking to have knee replacement or a revision.

October 7th, 2016
Dr. Hamlin is conscienentious and thorough.

June 18th, 2016
Dr. Hamlin will not deal with bad pain afterwards, does not want to help.
I had severe ongoing pain after surgery. Dr. Hamlin said he didn't know why. He said I must be the type of patient that holds onto pain. He blamed me for the ongoing surgical pain which he said I would have to learn to live with. When I said the reason I had the surgery was to get rid of the pain, which is how the surgery is presented, he told me I should see a psychiatrist. I do not understand a physician talking to a patient like this, and blaming the patient for the ongoing surgical pain, insisting nothing went wrong with the surgery. I believe that the surgeons must lie about their success rate, calling all their surgeries a success, regardless of ongoing severe pain afterwards, which Dr. Hamlin did not want to deal with.

February 9th, 2013
Dr Hamlin is the best!!
I'd seen Dr Hamlin once when he practiced in Warren, PA. Unfortunately for our community, he moved on. I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis of both hips by a local orthopedic surgeon who no longer performs surgery. He'd had a total hip replacement done one year earlier by Dr Hamlin with an excellent outcome. He strongly recommended that I see him. From my first phone call to the office to my discharge from Magee-Women's, everything went smoothly. Dr Hamlin and all of his staff are compassionate, thorough and patient. I never felt rushed. They explained the procedure to me in depth, and there were no surprises. The staff on Magee's 4th floor were wonderful. When I needed assistance I never had to wait. Therapy at the hospital was great, too. I'm scheduled to have my other hip replaced next month, 4 months after my 1st surgery. I have referred several people to Dr Hamlin, and will continue to do so. I am so very grateful to have found such an excellent surgeon, and am on my way to living a pain-free life after years of suffering.

January 23rd, 2013
A great experience!
I always felt that Dr Hamlin cared about me as if I was his only patient....no drama.....no far-flung promises....only the truth. The entire experience of working with the bone and joint center @ Magee was great. I highly recommend them to anyone.

November 7th, 2012
Loren Wenzel
Dr Hamlin was able to fix another surgeon's screw up. I am obese and he was able to replace/revise my hip in spite of that. The pain was minimal and the 4th floor of Magee Women's Hospital was great His office is well run and the staff is courteous. I recommend him without reservation. He will be doing my other hip the first time.

February 10th, 2012
Erin McAndrew
I want to commend Dr. Hamlin and his staff on an outstanding job! Dr. Hamlin did a total revision on my mothers knee 2 weeks ago and she is now up walking around pain free!!! Words cannot express the gratitude we have for the care and compassion provided. My mother suffered for an entire year because the first total knee she had done by another Physician was a poor fit: her quality of life was horrible and the pain was debilitating. My Mom was not sleeping, she lost 25 lbs because she was not eating and just overall declining emotionally. My Mom walked out of Magee Hospital a rebuilt woman!!! I am a Health Care Executive currently and worked for years as a Nurse...this group of healthcare professionals far exceeded our expectations!! The Nurses, NP's, Physicians, Therapists, Nursing Assistants, Housekeepers were top notch and provided the "Gold Standard" of delivering quality care. Special thanks to Dr Bereinstein and the Cardiac Care team as well...they too were amazing! Food delivery was so great, as was the quality of food...great job dietary! I would highly recommend Dr. Hamlin & Magee Hospital to anyone! We look forward to seeing our soon to be 75 year old Mother Mountain Biking this summer!!!

January 12th, 2012
Partial knee replacement on 6/21/2010
after all visits were made with Dr.Hamlin upto the surgery day, right before my surgery I requested a full knee replacement, Dr.Hamlin stated that he would see what it looked like when he got inside my knee. when finished he said that only partial was put in( when i requested a full so that this didnt have to be done again any time soon.Well 5 months later, the other side of my knee blew out and back in the same shape That I was before and the partial had worked loose!!!, I am having to to go thru a complete knee replacement now that is doing a lot of revisions that have been done at WVU Ortopaedics, I guess Im thankfull the full replacement was not performed there after all!!!

December 16th, 2008