Dr Hamlin is the best!! show details Dr Hamlin is the best!!
by Ellen D Butkus on Feb 9th, 2013

I'd seen Dr Hamlin once when he practiced in Warren, PA. Unfortunately for our community, he moved on. I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis of both hips by a local orthopedic surgeon who no longer performs surgery. He'd had a total hip replacement done one year earlier by Dr Hamlin with an excellent outcome. He strongly recommended that I see him. From my first phone call to the office to my discharge from Magee-Women's, everything went smoothly. Dr Hamlin and all of his staff are compassionate, thorough and patient. I never felt rushed. They explained the procedure to me in depth, and there were no surprises. The staff on Magee's 4th floor were wonderful. When I needed assistance I never had to wait. Therapy at the hospital was great, too. I'm scheduled to have my other hip replaced next month, 4 months after my 1st surgery. I have referred several people to Dr Hamlin, and will continue to do so. I am so very grateful to have found such an excellent surgeon, and am on my way to living a pain-free life after years of suffering.

A great experience! show details A great experience!
by Nancy B on Jan 23rd, 2013

I always felt that Dr Hamlin cared about me as if I was his only patient....no drama.....no far-flung promises....only the truth. The entire experience of working with the bone and joint center @ Magee was great. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Loren Wenzel show details Loren Wenzel
Nov 7th, 2012

Dr Hamlin was able to fix another surgeon's screw up. I am obese and he was able to replace/revise my hip in spite of that. The pain was minimal and the 4th floor of Magee Women's Hospital was great His office is well run and the staff is courteous. I recommend him without reservation. He will be doing my other hip the first time.

Erin McAndrew show details Erin McAndrew
Feb 10th, 2012

I want to commend Dr. Hamlin and his staff on an outstanding job! Dr. Hamlin did a total revision on my mothers knee 2 weeks ago and she is now up walking around pain free!!! Words cannot express the gratitude we have for the care and compassion provided. My mother suffered for an entire year because the first total knee she had done by another Physician was a poor fit: her quality of life was horrible and the pain was debilitating. My Mom was not sleeping, she lost 25 lbs because she was not eating and just overall declining emotionally. My Mom walked out of Magee Hospital a rebuilt woman!!! I am a Health Care Executive currently and worked for years as a Nurse...this group of healthcare professionals far exceeded our expectations!! The Nurses, NP's, Physicians, Therapists, Nursing Assistants, Housekeepers were top notch and provided the "Gold Standard" of delivering quality care. Special thanks to Dr Bereinstein and the Cardiac Care team as well...they too were amazing! Food delivery was so great, as was the quality of food...great job dietary! I would highly recommend Dr. Hamlin & Magee Hospital to anyone! We look forward to seeing our soon to be 75 year old Mother Mountain Biking this summer!!!

Partial knee replacement on 6/21/2010 show details Partial knee replacement on 6/21/2010
Jan 12th, 2012

after all visits were made with Dr.Hamlin upto the surgery day, right before my surgery I requested a full knee replacement, Dr.Hamlin stated that he would see what it looked like when he got inside my knee. when finished he said that only partial was put in( when i requested a full so that this didnt have to be done again any time soon.Well 5 months later, the other side of my knee blew out and back in the same shape That I was before and the partial had worked loose!!!, I am having to to go thru a complete knee replacement now that is doing a lot of revisions that have been done at WVU Ortopaedics, I guess Im thankfull the full replacement was not performed there after all!!!

Dec 16th, 2008