Dr. Brian Heyman DO Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Frederick, MD

2.4

April 11th, 2016
I say a prayer for this man every time i look at my son he delivered. I read some reviews before i decided to post. Im not surprise at all. I wish i would habe been like one of the other ladies and switched my doctors office for being afraid that he would deliver my baby. He was barley there at the time of my delivery. The nurses had the table up to high and my sister had to tell them to bring the table down. My son was coming down but couldnt come out becuz of the way I was positioned. When the Heyman came in, as wt my last push. He pulled my son out to hard and created him to have a birth injury. Erb's Palsy on his left arm. Then he lied in the medical records. He wasn't even there through out my birth. He came at the last push. I beat myself up about it all the time. I should have went with my intuition and went to another practice. But everyone else i love dearly. I have been seeing other docs in that practice since i was a teenager. I was hoping Dr. B would have delivered my baby. For the last 6 yrs. I have not be able to walk into the practice becuz i know my emotion would get the best of me iifi was to have looked at Dr.Heyman. really would tell him about his self. But God has a way of doing that. My son has been in PT &OT life 6 yrs and will remain for the rest of his life. Dr.Heyman was the only doctor i didnt feel comfortable with. Oh i am speaking of the male doctor, not his wife.

August 29th, 2013
My favorite from this practice
I must admit, I'm surprised at some of the lower star reviews. While Dr. Heyman doesn't necessarily have a "warm, fuzzy" personality, I can't really hold that against someone, particularly when they are competent physicians. He is very knowledgeable, thorough, and has always treated me with respect. He delivered my son, and performed an extremely successful ECV procedure for my daughter before she was born. Honestly, of all the doctors at this practice, Dr. B. Heyman has been my favorite, particularly because I've always felt listened to by him. He's a bit no-nonsense and gets straight to the point, which I guess others could perceive as being brushed off, but I think he's just being efficient.

July 18th, 2013
Awful experience with this doctor.
Brian clearly hates what he does for a living and it is obvious the minute he walks in your room with his attitude like he would rather be anywhere but dealing with patients. He comes off as if he feels he is better than you and acts as if you are bothering him. He asks if you have any questions and then acts bothered by the question once you ask them. And he rushes out as quickly as possible while you are still mid sentence. My advise with this practice is to stear clear of Brian and stick to the female doctors. While they also act rushed most of the time at least they are personable and don't act like you are a bother. Brian really gives this practice a bad rap.

March 17th, 2012
Reluctance to show up at the hospital
I have been sick several times during my pregnancy and twice he was at the ER he was the doctor on call. He was barely around for the first time and the second time he didn't even show up.

March 12th, 2012
Awful
Rude, makes you feel stupid, inconsiderate. Asks if you ha e questions, then blows them off. Pushes inductions when not necessary.

June 16th, 2010
Unnecessary surgery for one!
I waited an hour in the room for him then was greeted with annoyed scoff at my normal questions. He then pressured me to have surgery that I know i didnt need. After feeling guilty I finally scheduled the surgery with another doctor at the same practice (because I did not like Dr. B. Heyman at all). After sitting waiting to have the surgery, the other doctor asked why I was there! He said the surgery was totally uneccessary and that it wouldn't even fix the problem! He annoyed me so much that I'm switching practices for obstetrics care because I don't trust him at all and fear I'd be stuck with him delivering my baby!

June 22nd, 2009
Dr Heyman does not listen to my opinions on what I would like for my childbirth and does not seem open to doing anything outside of his regular procedure. After my son is born, I will never go back to his office.