Dr. Brian Hopkins MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Walnut Creek, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 24th, 2016
Very rude and unprofessional office staff! I have never experience such a snooty staff. Do not go to this doctor!

October 12th, 2015
Dr Hopkins was my urologist He just disappeared from Pacific Urology. What gives.

September 17th, 2015
BEST UROLOGIST IN CCC
OK, so this is a bit of a unusual review , because I'm NOT actually giving Pacific Urology (where Dr. Brian Hopkins used to work) 5 stars. I want to give 5 stars to DR. BRIAN HOPKINS as an individual Dr. I also want to say that he is NO LONGER affiliated with Pacific Urology, but will soon be practicing somewhere. As SOON as he is set up, he will let us ALL know. He still has hospital privledges & is on staff at BOTH hospitals, has not had any ethic or malpractice issues in his career and this new venture for him has NOTHING to do with his work ethics or practices at all. He is an amazing Dr. who has been caring for my father for 2 years now. My father is an 86 year old with Alzheimer's & is on blood thinners. Dr. Hopkins got him in right away to put in a supra-pubic catheter, which we have had since 9/2013. He's performed other small surgeries for my father, but he is ALWAYS available for me & has taken care of any bleeding issues & monitored my father's care during the duration of his treatment. There is a fine line between making decisions for an Alzheimer elderly patient with a DNR & knowing when to treat something that is treatable. Dr. Hopkins has a wonderful demeanor & has explained everything from what's going on presently, his suggestions as to a treatment plan going forward & what I can/should expect. I have spoken with him & told him I will follow him anywhere (within reason, but you get the point). If you need a good urologist in the future, keep him in mind. He's currently setting up a website & we'll try to keep you updated & apprised on his FB page so you can find him when you need to & he gets situated. The road in caring for my father has not been an easy one, but Dr. Hopkins has handled it with kindness, caring & exceptional professionalism. I am very grateful to him for all he's done for my Father.

September 16th, 2015
Very informed and explained treatment tions

September 15th, 2015
Excellent Dr. Very down to earth and easy to talk to.

November 5th, 2014
Best Surgeon Ever

June 27th, 2014
Great doctor.........but.
I don't question his skill as a doctor but his willingness to communicate with me could be improved, in my opinion. I don't appreciate being kept in the dark about my treatments. Long wait times are another problem.

April 30th, 2014
Excellent Doctor

January 1st, 2014
Sound Advice
I came to see Dr. Hopkins for a second opinion. I recently was diagnosed with prostate cancer and needed to find a doctor I trusted - someone who knows what they were talking about. I found my guy!

September 11th, 2013
WOW... What a Great Speaker
I went to the Men's Health talk at John Muir Hospital tonight with my husband. We learned a lot from Dr. Hopkins - he really knows a lot about prostate cancer treatments. Now I feel comfortable having my husband see him - instead of dreading our appointment with him, we are looking forward to it.

October 20th, 2011
Dr. Hopkins has provided me with excellent/exceptional care. I was referred by another physician to Dr. Hopkins with a significant issue. Dr. Hopkins took the time and has provided me the correct diagnosis, the proper treatment, the proper follow-up and we are close to resolving the significant issue. Dr. Hopkins has been right on target with every step he has taken. He is vastly knowledgeable, listens to the issue and assures he understands the concerns and then moves forward with the best interest of the patient in mind. Dr. Hopkins is a superior physician who really knows and understands his patients and his profession. I would highly recommend him to anyone and am grateful that he took me on as a patient in a time of need.

September 21st, 2011
Fabulous Doctor
Doctor Hopkins and his staff are excellent. They were extremely caring, professional during my 1st visit. I have had my bladder cancer surgery and the follow up has been impeccable.