Dr. Brian Israel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 9th, 2016
Performed major surgery unnecessarily
I had a large uterine fibriod that was causing me a lot of problems. Dr. Israel did a major invasive laparotic exploratory surgery for it merely being exploratory. It was painful and the recovery was long, and I still had the fibriods. As a result of him doing nothing, I had to have two other surgeries. He should have removed them when he had the chance if he was going to have me go through all that. He did remove a benign tumor from one of my ovaries, so hopefully that was worth having to go through the pain, cost and trouble of having the invasive exploratory procedure, although he could have probably done that procedure much less invasive, like a simple aspiration procedure if that was all he was going to do. Women should be told what conditions they have through non-invasive means, such as MRI, and then given the appropriate solutions for their condition. In this case I should have been offered the least invasive surgical procedure for the removal of the fibriods, not an an expensive and invasive exploratory procedure just to look at the fibriods without removing them. Dr. Israel exposed me to a lot of risks and pain associated with a major surgery just to make money and to diagnosis fibriods. Total malpractice and inappropriate when he could have done a SIS or used many other sources of imaging diagnostics instead of surgery to diagnose!! You don't do a major abdominal surgery on a patient to tell her she has fibriods and do nothing to remove them! He also never addressed the hormonal imbalance as a possible cause of my condition nor did he offer any less invasive solutions. He knew I didn't know anything about fibroids at the time and took advantage of that fact, and had me go through a major surgery for nothing. He owes me a huge apology and a lot of money. when I asked him for explanation he refused, said I was rude to him and his staff and contacted hos attorney. What is rude is putting people under the knife just to see what is going on when you could have ordered an MRI or SIS. Total incompetence.

April 4th, 2016
Woman
Seemed like he brushed off everything I had to say. Arrived 25 minutes before appt. and was still there 2 hours. He did take the time to explain everything throughly but I couldnt get a word in edge wise.

July 20th, 2015
awesome
Very attentive and gentle he doesnt seem to be in to big of a hurry to get to the next patient

July 12th, 2011
Dr Israel delivered my two babies. Both were delivered through c-section with no complications. He is an excellent doctor and has great bedside manners. If you arrive for your appointment in time you will be seen right away. Rarely I had to wait and everytime the office staff told me in advance that the doc was running late usually because of a delivery or a surgery earlier that day.

May 6th, 2011
Horriable
This Doctor When I was pregnant did not do anything about my blood pressure, in his office it was 200/100 and didnt send me to the hosp. at the time i didnt want to but he should of at that rate. then i almost lost my baby because of it and waiting for the c-cection he took 4 hours to get there and said if front of everyone in a couple of hours you would of had a dead baby and getting prepped in the c-cection room he was laughing at my expenise over a personal thing in front of all the doctors. worst one ever.

April 11th, 2017