Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)

I Qualified for the "SuperMarket" Test show details I Qualified for the "SuperMarket" Test
by Shannen Dowser on Jun 7th, 2016

Dr. Wong was highly recommended to complete the Cancer Reconstruction on my Nose and Face. At first I declined the second opinion to see him, he is out of network. Also I could not switch surgeons in the middle of reconstruction unless I absolutely had to. I have been unexpectedly abandoned by my suregon, therefore I must belong in Dr. Wong's care. At least that is what I told myself for a few months until I was finally seen by Dr. Wong. I knew within 5 minutes that he would not be the one to complete the reconstruction. I was told that I was given the "Supermarket" test...how the suregon described the test to me was, if I were in a "Supermarket" would anyone notice anything wrong notice my face? Then he proceeded to say if I were a specialist like myself, actually he used a different word that I cannot recall, I will fill in the blank with an appropriate word, Proctologist, if a Proctologist saw you in the "Supermarket", would they be able to determine what facial deformities you had? I thought to myself, are you serious was this some sort of sick joke that is discussed among other professionals? Am I concerned with other "Supermarket" clienteles opinions? Am I concerned with Dr. Wongs opinion? Absolutely not. I have had severe cancer damage to my face and a portion of my nose is missing and does not function properly, it drains night and day and it is caving in. My nose and face were thoroughly inspected and I was asked if I had any questions and what I was unhappy with? First of all my notes from the previous doctor that he is aquatinted with were right in front of him to view. The notes had stated that I was unhappy with the results. Obviously he scanned them and wisely chose specific words. Clearly both doctors lacked compassion. I carefully discussed all of the concerning issues of deformity and I mentioned the deviated septum. Dr. Wong would not respond to any of my concerns and began to lecture how I should be thankful for what I look like and no further damage was caused. After that I was counseled about the Affordable Act issue,which then led to why my insurance would not cover the reconstruction,nor would it cover the deviated septum, he said ever so mellow-because it was all simply cosmetic. Absolutely amazing! I was unable to say much, however I was livid at this point I told him that I disagreed I with him. I explained how I was told from the beginning from the first suregon that I had reconstruction options, cartilage to rebuilt my nose, skin grafting to fill in the sunken skin, and laser treatments to cover the huge wound size scar. Dr. Wong had said to go to a Dermatologist and simply have the scar lasered. After the 2 1/2 hour crying drive home I thought to myself, maybe these two surgeons aren't qualified in his area of expertise. I have thought about the older clientel in both suregons offices. While I am comletely supportive of helping the elderly, this is not the issue. The issue is, I would assume most patients young or old are being seen for inner facial reconstruction as well as minimal outer. I am almost certain that the majority of the younger people in both offices are not having facial plastic reconstruction surgery. If I were given the title to be able to effect people's lives in this way, I would treat people with compassion and I would reassure people that I would not just give up on them especially abandon someone during Cancer Reconstruction. I would be honest and not hesitate to be the first to admit if I was not capable to care for them. Instead I have been labeled biased and the doctors have made decisions against me instead of for me that I disagree with and are unacceptable. I have been left to fight a horrible battle alone. Now in the middle of it all, I am Forced to find a reputable caring and compassionate doctor. I still have faith that I will find a great suregon who will know exactly what I need, that isn't just concerned with money and insurance if in fact they still exist, I will find them!

What Was That? show details What Was That?
by bcc on Mar 13th, 2016

A consult with Dr Wong involved a 2 hour drive I think it was worthwhile for getting an unbiased opinion. He was really strange...he kept telling me that facial surgery on people like me is not successful because size zero/ no fat patients essentially have thinner skin and long term solutions are a challenge. I am fairly curvy (was wearing oversize top) and I am a size 4....hardly skin and bones...just fit! Then he proceeded to tell me my brows were even and I had good tone. I wish you could post photos on here... I have severe fat loss and atrophy from facial trauma on one side and the brows (as told to me by FIVE other plastic surgeons) were clearly uneven (it is slight but even an untrained eye has seen this). Finally, he mentions other doctors that do some lifts involving deep plane etc.. and are amazing. I appreciated the honesty. I went to write down one of the names abd he makes a comment that infers I am thinkng he is not qualified to do the job. Newsflash...do not mention other surgeons if you want to instill confidence in patients. He appears honest so, perhaps seeking his opinion is an option but he is a bit odd and has a differing opinion than other surgeons I have sought out via consultation.

Oct 28th, 2015

Great experience!

Attorney show details Attorney
by James on Sep 2nd, 2015

Dr. Wong is a great doctor and surgeon. He gets right to the point and he is very knowledgeable. I went to see him regarding my nose, which had been broken twice and screwed up by another plastic surgeon who tried to fix it. Dr. Wong gave me invaluable advice and guidance.

Busted nose, fixed show details Busted nose, fixed
by Mike L. on Jul 29th, 2013

to make a long story short, i busted up my nose one weekend. dr. Wong fixed it, i can breathe better now than before the accident. and he straightened it out and it looks good. no attitude, just down to earth, nice guy.

I normally hate doctors show details I normally hate doctors
by Stacy on Jun 13th, 2013

He was the best doctor i've ever been to. very kind, very careful. made me feel and look great. his sense of humor is weird but i am glad he had one because the first time i went i couldnt stop cryign!!!!!! thank you dr wong!!!

Incredibly conscientious & caring show details Incredibly conscientious & caring
Feb 4th, 2013

You can tell he really cares about and worries over his patients. called a bunch, including nights and weekends after surgery and always made himself available, he has a kind of weird sense of humor but who cares when he fixed what others couldn't. definitely worth seeing to get an opinion.

Perfect show details Perfect
Feb 22nd, 2012

I had seen other doctors that really could not help me very much. He was able to correct my botched rhinoplasty and make my nose look natural again and breathe!

best dr. show details best dr.
by jessica on Oct 20th, 2008

dr. brian wong i sthe best dr. out there he was there when my daughter was attacked by a dog...he took care of her so well...made the scar not so visible///