Dr. Brian Jankowitz MD Patient Reviews

November 16th, 2015
What a fantastic doctor! I had arterial fistula In dura of brain and Dr. J performed 4 procedures over 4 years. He saved my life repeatedly and I am eternally thankful for his amazing skill. He is also a terrific person and gives thorough information in a compassionate manner. Would highly recommend Dr. Jankowitz.

February 23rd, 2015
He was very caring and thorough with a difficult situation with my 18 yo daughter. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone.

December 19th, 2013
I am alive for a very long time thanks to him!
Dr. Brian T. Jankowitz MD, at Mercy Hospital, had performed a major Carotid Artery Clipping (A.K.A. BRAIN SURGERY) Without, incident. He had fixed a deadly, problem, and as for, today---> I'm always, enjoying the company of my beautiful, son, without any, complications, from my surgery, I Praised God! And Dr. J and his team! I can't express the raw truth you feel when you get news like that, although, he exuded--> bravery and dedication, with which, he had triumphed! That's his life's work~~!!! Let me just say I (probably was) one of the most fortunate, to have had his steady hand and focused mind with which he used, in order, to complete the surgery. He's one of the most complex surgeons that I had ever met, so, without incident, I guess that makes him(to me) deeply one of the best! Though he stated, before my surgery, as if to, admit himself- that he was scared - knowing it isn't one of those surgeries that are typically (Quote)"cut n dry" ( un-Quote) And as he had said, " Leigh Ann, there's a good chance , that there may be complications, I have to warn you as with any BRAIN SURGERY, patient" So WOW, was I, super terrified, but thankfully for the honesty & being the type of a Doctor that he is, he used his uncanny ability to sooth fears, as well as, show his concerns. Without damaging his patience to succeed. He was very forthcoming & trustworthy, on the complex nature of things, which needed to be said, and more importantly done, for me. So he worked a miracle! And Regarding my pre-surgery testing/talk-> I had determined, that, out of caution with thorough management. He was enroute to be my MD, as he, had understood the full impact of the situation on his hands, as thorough as, he had stated, to me, on a precautionary measure as, the outcomes of traditional surgeries', involving major Carotid Artery procedures' as well as the impact's and (or) possibilities of whats to come. On a warm note he was very clear as to these Types of things, (mine that involved Platinum clipping of the Artery behind my right eye. I must admit that I was TERRIFIED!!! FOR NOTHING!!! BECAUSE not---> ONCE, did he fail!----> Dr Jankowitz, as he and his team made quite clear, was very capable and willing, as well as, bright, and aspiring, on such an invasive type of brain surgery! So my point is, whether it was, before - during - or after, my surgery, that he had performed -> it shows he is one of UPMC's great Doctors which saved my life, I have got the highest of respects', from his begotten skill, given the seriousness with which, anyone, can expect from any sort of Dr. at UPMC--->Well....Yes, in my case, there is only one Dr. that I would choose (although all of them share in that light) but to open up my head again? I'd still pray it be Dr. J. If I have to (knock on wood!) I'd trust in him again... Boy it seemed so scary to choose, but looking back on it, I must say thta more than ever before I celebrate life, to the fullest and I give thanks to the hard work and dedication that, Brian T. J. and his team, had achieved!

February 13th, 2011
Awesome doctor
My brother has been under the care of Dr. Jankowitz for the last 7 weeks at Presby Hospital. Dr. Jankowitz is thorough, exceptionally knowledgeable, and caring. We give him an A+!

October 10th, 2010
Wonderful!
Although a nuerosurgeon, not the cardiologist he is listed to be, Dr. Jankowitz is a special doctor. His bedside manner is second to none. He explains things well and always takes as much time as needed with patients and family members. He will look you in the eye no matter how bad the news might be. Not only did he save my mom's life, he went the extra mile to take care of the family also. It's hard to describe in words but he has a way about him that makes you believe you are the only person in the world to him.