Dr. Brian Joe MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Allen, TX

• Good
  • Bad

April 16th, 2017
Told me it was stress, repeatedly. It wasn't.
I went in with massive spasms and could hardly walk because of them. He was in there for five minutes, wouldn't even read my notes on my symptoms or listen at all before asking me if I'd been stressed lately. He made me feel awful as he begrudgingly ordered the mri after I begged him, telling me there wasn't going to be anything on it. I have degenerative disc disorder. He wouldn't even listen the previous appointment when I was talking about my symptoms. If you have an easy issue you just want drugs for, go to this guy but if you're undiagnosed don't even try. He also didn't even call me when my results came in.

February 27th, 2017
Great Dr
You can't go wrong with Dr Joe. His staff are great also always helpful.

March 21st, 2016
100 Stars for Dr. Joe
Dr. Joe is extremely thorough and is very attentive to what we have to share with him about what's going on. He has a wonderful bed-side manner and is very kind and patient. I'm very thankful we have him as our physician

November 12th, 2015
Costly misdiagnosis
Dr Joe sent me down a path of multiple MRIs and fear of MS. My condition was correctly diagnosed by a chiropractor as piriformis nerve impingement (went away with massage). He also lacks the proper technology to view MRI slides accurately.

October 1st, 2015
I want a confident doctor, not someone that is "guessing"
I had to find a new neurologist because my regular doctor was a two hour commute. I was referred to this doctor and the first thing he did was completely change my medications. Each appointment I am left feeling as though he is just going through the motions. Regardless of the side effects, he wants to put me on medications that make me not able to function. I am not a science experiment and have a doctor that is playing a "guessing game" with my brain.

September 3rd, 2015
First impressions
I am a long term Parkenson;'s patient. Transferred to Dr. Brian on my GP 's recommendation. He was friendly and spent the time I felt was necessary. No complaints after my first visit.

July 9th, 2015
An Overall Excellent Doctor!
Dr. Joe is a great doctor! Would definitely recommend!

May 21st, 2014
Great doctor
Dr. Joe is very young, so I was very skeptical at first, but he was able to help me more than a well-known doctor I was going to in Dallas that was treating migraine sufferers. His office is easy to get into and out in a hurry if you need, yet he will spend as much time with you as you need. I, too, have noticed that the front desk girls are 'rather quiet', but I think they are very young and don't yet know the 'niceties' of communicating. At one point, Dr. Joe felt that he could no longer help me and sent me to another Neurologist in Dallas who does Botox for migraines. This has been a life-saver for me.

July 27th, 2011
Refilled an RX for me as "brand name" when I've had generic for over 2 years. Cost me $145 instead of $40 - his (or his office staff)mistake. Repeated calls to his office got me the answer "Dr. Joe does not give refunds". I will not go back nor will I recommend him. His bedside manner is cold and I felt that he did not believe me.

February 10th, 2010
Poor Choice
I would NOT RECOMMEND at all.

February 9th, 2010