Dr. Brian Flanagan Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Brian Flanagan?

Under Criminal Investigation - Patient Fraud

Posted on October 15th, 2017

I have been a patient of Baylor Center for Pain mgt since 2011 (formerly Pinacle pain mgt of dallas). I had one visit with Dr brian Flanagan who never put a finger on me to check my ROM or pain level using oswestry scales prior to scheduling a series of epidural steroid injections. The injections were done at 3 different facilities, and I never had any relief from the pain. My injury is not facet, disc or joint pain, and the theory was that most likely these would not have any relief anyhow. After the initial “exam” with Dr Flanagan, he never physically visited with me again. Each month I visited with his FNP Sarah. Although I did like her, she basically had my prescription completed and waiting on me when I walked in the exam room. I knew that the ESI series is typically 3, so I never really questioned that. Never did anyone ever examine me nor did they change or offer to change medications or treatments until all 3 ESI’s were complete. Also, each time I went in, my prescription, although completed by Sarah, was signed by Dr Konen or Dr Flanagan. (I still have never even seen Konen) A year later, and there was still no change in my treatment, and pain was increasing. A family member and myself demanded to speak to Dr Flanagan. Again he didn’t do any examination, only decided I needed a spinal stimulator. Again, I comply. After surgery to do the test implant, it was found that the leads were not placed in the proper region of my spine. I was sent home any way and was told that if it didn’t eventually help me, to call Sarah and have her remove it. Well, obviously it didn’t help. I called the manuf. Rep, scott and informed him of my dilemma. Long story short, I have to date had 4 ESI’s, 2 trial neuro stimulators,(that are out of network and you have no clue till you get the bill from medtron. They don’t even file the claim. They assume you owe whatever the insurance in network percentage is, not paying attention to the fee schedule you would actually be paying against if in fact they were in network therefore it never gets applied to your yearly accumulations at the insurance company-deductible, out of pocket, etc.), 2 lab test’s via urinalysis that was charged to my insurance for $3700.00 each one, for drug compliance testing (that by the way is out of network with all insurance companies-no worries because they only charge us in network fees up to $250 out of pocket per the office manager). So since I signed the form in the hallway saying I realized that the lab company is solely owned by the doctors in this practice, I am liable for the charges (which btw end up being almost $250 my part after my insurance paid). I have had heated discussions with my physician regarding all of the treatments or should I say non treatments since literally nothing is working. I have gone without pain medication because the FNP said she would call in something if the stimulator didn’t work, only to find that the doctor overrode her decision and decided I needed to come in for an actual appointment, even though I was in their office, they had nothing available. I have gone round and round with Dr Flanagan and now I have finally changed to someone else within the same practice. This doctor is a female and I love her so far. She took time to visit with me, went over everything in the past 2 years and changed medications that finally helped me. Due to my diagnosis there is no real fix for my problem. I was told that I am just going to have to be made comfortable as they can. So as my body becomes accustom to the medication, I will need to change to something else. I want to say that the office staff, may be “ethnic” as another patient stated on their rip off report, but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with their abilities to perform. I LOVE the staff. Especially, the front office girls. They are a product of their environment, folks need to realize this. They have to feed their families too, and they only tell you what they are told to say from their bosses, the doctors. So if you have a beef with one of them, remember that information. However, Sabre and the others have only been professional with me, never anything less. I have come to realize that Konen and Flanagan have their hands in several pots. Kickbacks if you may, from the neuro-stimulators, (Dr Flanagan and Scott are buddies) and then with the lab they require you to have compliance testing thru.

Do your diligence!

Posted on September 28th, 2017

If you have a straightforward case, you're fine. If not, you're screwed. I have been going to Dr. Flanagan for 16 years. If you can get him in a room, he's good. I only get to see him once every few years unless you have procedures performed. All rules change weekly and/or monthly so if you don't know the current rules, you're screwed. He was better when he owned his own practice. Now, He works for Baylor and so does his staff. They've made it almost impossible to get in touch with anyone unless you're making an appointment. The majority of the staff are rude and incompetent. If you need a refill, you had better have AT LEAST a week until you can get it but lots of times, it is 2 weeks! They don't care if you're in pain. I wish all of them knew what chronic pain was like. They would do their jobs completely different. When I've tried to talk to Dr. Flanagan on the phone, he won't return your calls whether it's after hours or not. He's definitely in it for the money and I don't feel he empathizes with his patients. I've heard him walk out of an exam room with a patient and he said, "whatever, she's a b----!" Who does that???? It's EXTREMELY hard to change pain doctors so beware!

Dr. Flanagan is a 10 star pain relief specialist

Posted on July 15th, 2017

I have seen Dr. Flanagan for pain relief for more than a decade. I have 2 autoimmune disease that cause severe chronic pain. In addition, I have complications from the diseases that have spiraled the pain level off the charts. Dr. Flanagan really listens to your pain descriptions, and provides the best solutions for you as an individual rather than having a standard treatment for all. That is so refreshing. He is direct, straightforward, and will make sure you understand the options available. I would not be able to function without the help he is providing. Conversely, there is one PA (Melissa) who is rude and sarcastic, with a belittling attitude. I would advise asking for a different PA. Overall, this is a very solid organization for pain management and I highly recommend Dr. Flanagan.

Posted on July 7th, 2016

Saved Me

Beware Amy

Posted on March 21st, 2016

Dr. Flanagan is awesome. The medical staff we have seen - PAs, nurses, etc. have all been wonderful to work with. Amy, who handles scheduling of surgical procedures, is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Never answers phone calls, doesn't return phone calls, doesn't call when she says she will. Even when the office staff are kind enough to try to help us get in touch with her (so, even when she is contacted by her own colleagues), she can't be reached. When you do (finally) talk to her, she will say almost anything to get you off the phone, then be unreachable for the rest of the day. She is rude, condescending, and dismissive. If you can't find enough humanity in yourself to be compassionate to those who are in pain and in need of help, don't work for a freaking pain management office. They had a woman named Barbara who was filling in for Amy for a while, and she was spectacular. I wish they would bring her back and get rid of Amy.

Dr Flanagan... RN Peter

Posted on February 26th, 2016

I think Dr Flanning is amazing. Peter is the best he listens, always on time and I feel he really cares.

Posted on February 23rd, 2016

He's cocky as all get-outs. The thing is that I think it's justified in this case. The doctor knows how to beat down chronic pain.

The Best

Posted on October 31st, 2015

Dr. Flanagan has helped me with pain issues for many years. He is kind, courteous, and a part of the Best pain group in Dallas.

Posted on September 15th, 2015

Dr. Flanagan explained everything thoroughly and took time to make sure I not only understood the situation, but made sure I had the vocabulary to convey the vital information in the event I needed to share it with another physician in a hurry. Took the time. Outstanding!

arrogance galore

Posted on August 21st, 2015

I was sent to Dr. Flanagan by my Neurologist that specializes in Migraine headaches and he felt Dr. Flanagan could ease my pain level for my migraines and other pain I have. The office manager, Amy, was sent a referral, and I followed up for ONE WEEK with calls, always getting her voice mail, trying to set an appointment. Once she called and said she had no referral and without one I was out of luck. I verified with my neurologist and they resent the referral and got a confirmation Amy had received it. I recalled numerous time for an appointment and NEVER received a return call. Obviously, either Dr. Flanagan needs no new patients, and/or does not want me as a patient, even after my doctor personally referred me to him. Needless to say, I would never want him to work with me if I had surgery for anesthesia, etc. I have gotten a new referral for another doctor in the same practice and got an appointment for the next business day based on my doctor's referral......ARROGANCE GALORE by Dr. FLANAGAN'S OFFICE and wht they say doctors have a GOD complex

Posted on August 5th, 2015

Best that I have seen. I am from Florida and have seen Dr. Flanagan for over a year. Mor relief than I have received in over ten years.

Posted on June 17th, 2015

I have had a terrible experience with a staff member named Amy. She has not been returning phone messages. I have left 4 in the last two weeks and she has yet to return one.