Dr. Brian Link MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Iowa City, IA

• Good
  • Bad

March 5th, 2012
Dr Link's bedside manner is less then impressive. His manner is short, easily frustrated by patients and family questions. Uses inapproproite facial gestures while speaking with family and patient. Arrogance abounding. Medical professionals with his bedside mannor should really stick to research alone.

January 24th, 2012
Was diagnosed with Follicular non-hodgkin lymphoma. Had chemotherapy for a year, then sent home to die. I followed a TV commercial, went there. Had bone marrow transplant and have been cancer free for over 3 years. Hospitals aren't bad, some are just limited.

December 14th, 2011
First impression can be deceiving
I was referred to Dr. Link for a PTLD disorder. At first I was not impress with Dr. Link at all. I left my first visit with the term "Quack" running in my head. I thought i was not getting a fair share of information that I wanted.However, after doing the recommended treatment and the folow-up visit, I was wrong. He knew exactly what was wrong, had the right treatment plan, and received the right results. I can say that my first impression was differently wrong and unfair. I really respect Dr. Link and all that he did for his patients.Kudos for the oncology department at the UHIC!

November 10th, 2010
Dr. Link was probably the nicest doctor I've ever been to. He was very personable, took his time, explained in terms you could understand about your disease and actually did a thorough exam. My visit lasted almost an hour (almost unheard of these days). He asked lots of questions and actually seemed interested in what I was saying instead of hurrying to the next appointment. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone.

July 6th, 2010
Dr. Link does not listen to his patient's when they voice their concerns. When my family member got a second opinion and the 2nd opinion dr found a treatment that was working. Dr Link wanted to stop the treatment and stated that my family member should get their "affairs in order, because you will not live to see the end of this year" well the new Doctor has proven Dr Link to be wrong. If I were you, I would not want to see him for any care. His tee time is much more important the caring for his patients. Also the wait time in a room to see him is ridiculous and out right rude. He should not even be allowed to be a doctor. Dr. Link gives Iowa medical care a very bad reputation.

January 9th, 2012