Dr. Brian Kahan DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

July 28th, 2016
Discriminated or Miss treated or wrongfully discharge!?
All I can said its, yes I've experienced some of the other patient complains, however, I am a fighter and I will not stop intil justice has been serve. Please seek help from an attorney, ( Paul Bennett) if Dr. Kahan has done something wrong to you. My attorney ( Paul Bennett) it's The best. Make sure to collect all evidence and good luck!

June 8th, 2016
This dr dont care about the people he just cares about the money and his staff is real roude and no common sence cant get nothing done wgen you need to also they dont have no paper trail for records dont trust the papperless system its worthless

January 15th, 2015
I changed doctors because I became very dissatisfied with Dr Kahan. I needed a copy of my medical records. I was shocked to read the documents which stated a lot of exams that were never performed. My visits always consisted of Dr Kahan typing away on his computer and definitely no hands on exams. I left the practice when he administered 2 injections when I and my surgeon specifically requested only one. I felt very violated and will never return.

April 19th, 2013
Amazed that he can keep patients
Dr. Kahan is probably competent, although I did not benefit from that characteristic. Unfortunately, he has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. During visits, he stared at a computer and typed on a keyboard. He rarely looked at me or examined me. He never seemed to remember me or my problems from one visit to the next. He performed several procedures that had no beneficial effect. There was never any telephone follow-up afterwards. In addition, I had serious issues in regard to charges that were submitted to my insurance.

October 29th, 2012
Dr. Kahan seems more interested in growing his business than caring for his existing patients.

October 22nd, 2012
During my first and only pain shot, he did not check if I was numb before he gave me the shot and I almost jumped off the table. His assistant and the doctor himself were giggling before the procedure and I had no idea what that was about but it was really strange. I never heard from him or his office about the pain medicine and whether I was at risk for meningitis.When I originally called the office, they had no idea what I was talking about. I had to explain the problem to his staff. Thank God for the internet, otherwise, I would not know that his surgical office did not use the problem medicine. Not one word from him.

July 20th, 2012
Unprofessional behavior
First I would like to say it was difficult to get an appointment. When I called them they said they would call me right back, I never heard from them. I called again they told me someone would call me on Monday, never heard from them. I called again they said they would call me back, finally they called and I got a appointment. I had to have a disco gram done. I had never been to this office before, when getting there I found the waiting room to be small for so many people. When they called me back I looked around and there were a lot of people waiting for there procedure. I was put in a small space with curtain pulled around me, I was ask to take my clothes off and put on a gown, no big deal. What infuriated me the most was when they took me in the room for my disco gram I am lying on my stomach with my bottom showing and I here Dr. Kahan and his nurse laughing. This made me feel uncomfortable I don't know what they were laughing at. But I want ever go back there. After my disco gram was finished. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I was never schedule a follow up appointment which was good because I would have cancelled it. Never again Doc.

November 18th, 2011
Knowlegable but too busy, too many patients
He is a nice and educated man. But follow up appointments are always precipitated by an appt with his PA. Their follow up is not good. After two weeks, no call after his PA was to consult with him about my progress. He just seems to have too many patients to give good long term attention to.

July 11th, 2011
Did you even look at my chart?
I am a victim of a accident from over seven years ago. I have been seen by four dr.s in this time and have had sever issues with my lower back and nerve damage into my legs. After all the dust settled of law suites and insurance that had low limits of coverage I was unable to see a specialists in pain management or ortho surgery. My own family dr draped me due to I was unable to work and had no personal insurance. I was forced to see a clinic dr. Cheaper was the soul reason. He continued treating my pain for three years until he lost his right to practice medicine anylonger. With my pain that greatly increased over the years as well as my resistance to the meds I was taking a mildly high doses of the pain meds. Now no dr but recently gained insurance I was in the market for a dr that would work with me. Most had long waits or were long distances from me. After intensely questioning the office of dr kahan and giving them my history they took me on as a patient. The first fist was within days and I sat for somewhere near 75 mins to see the doc he was in a huge rush and in 5 mind determined I need surgery or injections. Sent me for a third mri. As I was seeing him head out the door I asked, but doc what about my meds? Im out. He said see your Pnc...primary care doctor. I said but are you not my pain management dr? He said no meds and walked out. I seen his nurse again after my MRI to hear her say I need injections. Again I asked her yet again during this visit about medicine as was I had to go to the emergency room for a temporary refill. She informed me that no patient ever gets medicine on there first visit, to which I know is a lie. Once I did see my pcp I was told that Dr. Kahan office had called there office an said for them to give me medicine due to Dr. Kahan's refusing to treat any patients from my previous doctor who was no longer practicing medicine. I had been caterorigized by who I had seen in the past, I have contacted the office several times over 12 days only to be told my doctor is on vacation an they do not prescribe pain medicine anyway. Now I do have a family member who had previsly been seeing this doctor and on there first visit was prescribed a very high dose of medicine with no medical history being provided to Dr. Kahan. This confirmed the lie I was told previsily. Dr. Kahan's office expects me to go through with drawl cold turkey. So now not only do I have to live in horrible pain, but I must go through withdrawl while providing for my wife, 12 year old and 9 month old. Giving up is not an option for me, but now that I have found out that the injections that were giving to my family member not only have not worked but have caused much more intense pain. I know personals of 3 other people going through the same issues with the same doctor. To all who consider going to this practice be aware as you have been warned. Good luck with your ailment and make sure to research any doctor prior to setting up your appointment.

October 21st, 2010
Dr. Kahan goes above and beyond..he spent so much time (after office hours) reprogramming my spinal cord stimulator to insure proper pain coverage. He offers many suggestions for pain relief/control. Excellent doctor, kind and caring human being.

May 12th, 2010