Dr. Brian Kwon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brian Kwon?

Posted on September 27th, 2017

Amazing surgeon, wonderful bedside manner, makes you feel comfortable the minute he steps into the room. I had a lumbar spinal fusion ten years ago and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I went from being in constant pain for 8 years straight to being pain free for the last 10 years.

Posted on February 28th, 2016

Had spinal lumbar surgery for stenosis and Dr. Kwon did a spectacular job. I would recommend him for anyone who has spinal problems.

Real Estate Professional

Posted on May 28th, 2015

i was going to a pain management doctor for several years when he told me he couldn't help me anymore and that I needed a surgeon. He recommended Dr. Kwon. And, I thank the dear Lord for his recommendation. We instantly liked Dr. Kwon. I was somewhat frightened about the actual surgery but not about Dr. Kwon. His positive attitude, extreme knowledge and expertise were very calming to me and my husband. Dr. Kwon is brilliant and he did a wonderful job on my spine. So lucky to have him...he is a jewel!!

Posted on April 23rd, 2014

Excellent experience with Dr. Kwon and staff at NE Baptist . Highly recommended for minimally invasive spinal surgery.

Posted on November 16th, 2013

As an experienced RN in the medical field for 7 years prior to my work related injury, I can speak from my heart and say my overall experience with Dr. Kwon was terrible. I was always under the impression caring for and treatment of a patient should be continuous from admission to discharge. I learned the hard way that is not the practice Dr. Kwon exercises. Unfortunately, I injured myself at work resulting in a herniation of two disks in my C-spine. My husband went to the initial appt with me, where Dr. Kwon reviewed my MRI and suggested/explained surgery (ACDF surgery) to correct my injury. Dr. Kwon stated I would be able to return to work 3-6 months after my surgery. It has now been 15 months and here I am. Dr. Kwon settled on a price of around $26,000 with workers comp to perform my surgery. I contacted him a number of times during my post-op period verbalizing my concern because of the increased swelling, pain that progressively got worse as months passed by. As a patient, I felt like I didn't get "the time if day" because Dr. Kwon had received his financial compensation in a lump sum from workers comp prior to my surgery, and would not benefit financially for f/u concerns. He did monitor my neck incision 1-2 times after surgery, short, quick appointments lasting approximately 5 min. The one time Dr. Kwon did see me at the Quincy office (staff there are amazing), after months and months of dealing with horrible pain and swelling, I was so lucky I had brought my mother with me. Like previously mentioned, my initial concern was the pain and swelling on the posterior part if my neck. Dr. Kwon did not assess the back of my neck during the 5 min he took out of his day for my "appointment". His assessment included checking my bilateral upper arm strength- that was it. When I addressed my concerns with him, he stated that he knew for sure the effects I was experiencing "had nothing to do with the surgery he performed". At that point he told me I looked great and he did not need to see me anymore... Ok, really! I decided to request a copy of my medical chart from Dr. Kwon, and I would suggest for any patient to do the same- I would advise any patient to monitor documentation of "assessments performed" during visits, as well as documentation of past medical history as well as current medical issues. I agree with the previous posted reviews, Dr. Kwon was very short, focused mainly on his computer, asked the same question multiple times, and at times was condescending esp when answering a question. Not to mention the secretary at the Baptist Hospital office was one of the rudest woman I have ever had to deal with when calling a doctors office. A few weeks after my surgery I had called Dr. Kwons office at the Baptist to report my pain and request a refill in my pain medications. Margot, the secretary (with no medical degree) asked me about my pain and my current medication dose. When I told her, her respond was "you're still taking that much pain medication... Why? Your surgery was weeks ago." If this was meant to be a question of concern, Margot hid it well behind her attitude and tone of voice. I was so upset about her approach, and still think of her comments 15 months later... Very unprofessional. I have talked to many people who feel the same way. I would advise against Dr. Kwon's treatment. He is not a bad surgeon. When it comes to listening, spending time with a patient and caring for a patient from admission to discharge, Dr. Kwon failed to exercise these important aspects with in his practice.

Posted on May 22nd, 2012

My experience with Dr. Kwon was excellent! I had back surgery 3 weeks ago(L3-L5 Laminectomy) and I have to say that Dr. Kwon was very professional but at the same time very easy to talk to and he had a great sense of humor. He took the time to answer any of my questions and never seemed as if he was rushed. I cannot say enough positive about him. I highly recommend him!!!

Bright, young, talented!

Posted on February 28th, 2012

We have used Dr. Kwon for 2 major surgeries; one being a cervical fusion, the other a lumbar laminectomy. Dr. Kwon epitomizes what we all wish for in a doctor..he takes time to listen, examine, has a fantastic bedside manner...and gives you an thoughtful assessment and opinion in a wonderful open, caring manner. One of his first comments was that his goal is to do as little collateral damage as possible. While many doctors will say this, most are not nearly as trained or on the cutting edge of treatment. The truth is that he is known as one of the rising stars in Spine Surgery in the US and particularly the micro endoscopic surgery world. Couldn't be more highly recommended. Thank you, Dr. Kwon.

Police Detective

Posted on September 25th, 2011

Dr. Kwon is a very professional and honest surgeon. I was examined in RI and decided to get a second opinion and I was glad I did. The staff at New England Baptist was also excellent during the day of surgery. Also, the young girls in the front office was so helpful and understanding. I would recommend this surgeon

Professor

Posted on January 13th, 2011

Dr. Kwon was holding office hours at Anna Jacques in Newburyport and was recommended by a local GP who had heard from the medical grape vine that Dr. Kon was one of the best. Although this was my first and I hope last back surgery (kyphoplasty), I feel confident that I had the best care and expertise from Dr. Kwon and New England Baptist Hospital. The noninvasive surgery went as smoothly as he had promised. My recovery time was also as predicted. I feel enormously grateful to this doctor for taking me out of pain with his sure advice and great skills.

Posted on May 25th, 2017