Dr. Brian Mcguinness MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Patchogue, NY

August 12th, 2015
I trust Dr. MCGUINNES as he is honest and knows what is best for each individual.

April 4th, 2015
Cataract surgery first eye smooth and successful. Second eye surgery very negative experience. When I compare the first surgery, to the second, I believe I wasn't given Anastasia. Never saw Dr. McGuniness before the surgery, the second time. Waited a full hour for my appointment, was operated on and pushed out the door, at 5pm. Was disappointed because Dr. Mcguiness HAD such a sterling reputation.

March 11th, 2014
Great Doctor...horrible staff.
Dr. McGuiness is a very good doctor, but his staff is so unbelievably rude and poorly trained, that I'm going to a different eye doctor. Firstly, waits are VERY long. Typically over an hour. On a recent visit, I called ahead to make sure they took my insurance plan. I was told they did. Then...when I arrived for the appointment...the told me that they took the plan...but wanted payment IN FULL IN ADVANCE. They couldn't have been ruder about it, either, and asked for money in front of everyone. It was like being in front of a hot-dog stand instead of being in a Doctor's office. I go elsewhere now, and get treated like a human being when I visit my eye doctor.

August 27th, 2013
Excellent care!
I first met Dr. McGuinness when he cared for my mother. When I needed care, I didn't hesitate to contact him, and I was not disappointed! He took the time to explain everything to me, and his staff is very professional. Highly recommended!

June 18th, 2013
Wonderful Dr.
Dr. Mcguinness is a wonderful compassionate doctor. My mother, who has serious vision problems has been treated by the doctor for years. He has given her excellent care. I highly recommend him.

July 9th, 2012
Will abandon gyou as a patient!!!
Dr himself is very good but staff is terrible. Stay away. After years as a patient, during an appointment and at least an hours wait, I attempted to reschedule but was told there would be a $30 charge for not waiting. When I refused, the staff would not reschedule an appt and told me never to return. What gall. STAY AWAY.

May 2nd, 2012
Dr. McGuiness Has been in practice for many years,has a great reputation. However success has evidently gone beyond his ego. Office has limited hours.When I finally was able to reach them to make an appointmnet I was told I had to leave a credit card number just to make an initial appointment. Not happening. He may be good, but there are many others wo are just as good and better, and do not require a credit card for an appointment. Move On.. I have.

March 22nd, 2011
Truly compassionate and fully competent doctor!
Dr. McGuinness is a wonderful, caring and patient doctor! His accuracy is surpassed only by his concern for his patients. His treatment of my husband, and understanding of his needs, left us feeling like his most important patient!