Dr. Brian Mulrooney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 24th, 2016
Not happy
I was referred to Dr. Mulrooney by Dr. Pendergrass for cataract surgery. I was told by Mulrooney that with the toric lenses my eyesight would be much better because it would correct the stigmatism in my eyes. There was a chance that I would still have to wear glasses but there would be an improvement in the stigmatism. After surgery my prescription was worse then it was before. Prior to surgery my prescription was: OD: +0.25 -0.50 (stigmatism correction is second number) OS: +0.50 -0.50 After toric lenses: OD: +0.25 -1.50 OS: +0.25 -1.25 I went in to talk to him about what could be done to correct the stigmatism and was told that there was nothing he would recommend. He pointed out that my cataracts had been removed successfully. He agreed that the results were far outside the norm and the stigmatism was worse. He said my eyes were rejecting the lenses and it was not his fault. He also charged my insurance for the visit. I would not recommend him to anyone. JD

January 24th, 2016
I underwent cataract surgery performed by Dr Mulrooney. I have NEVER been so disappointed. I felt a great deal of pain during the surgery (the anesthesia obviously was not effective), and days later, discovered that the surgery was minimally successful. I still have very poor vision in the operative eye and require contacts or eyeglasses. What a blow to my great expectations. I definitely would not recommend this practice to my worst enemy.

October 18th, 2015
Bad experience
Dr Mulrooney performed cataract surgery on my right eye after surgery I had some spots in center of vision not very bad though he suggested doing a laser procedure that takes only 5 minutes in chair he said it might not help but couldn't hurt boy was he wrong a few days after the procedure the vitreous gel in my eye separated from the retna causing a leakage now I have a huge floater and a cobb web all across my eye that will never go away he ruined my good vision I assume he probably had laser turned up to high or missed his target the only way this could be possibly fixed would be a serious surgery and since my right eye is my dominate eye Im afraid to risk it he is a nice personable doctor but I now question his expertise I would not recommend him.

January 5th, 2015
Exceptional Surgeon
Dr. Mulrooney is without doubt an exceptional surgeon. I feel very grateful to have had him as my doctor. I'm pleased with both my eye surgeries and with his caring attitude. He spent plenty of time with me, not only once but twice, when I had some additional questions. I have already highly recommended him to several friends.

August 19th, 2014
Review
Excellent physician! Very conscientious and thorough. Good follow up afterward. Made you feel confident in procedure.