A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Brian Nielsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Brian Nielsen, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Pediatrician, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Brian Nielsen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Bone Lengthening
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Preventive Medicine
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Nielsen graduated from University of Washington, Seattle. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Nielsen has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Tucson Medical Center
- University Medical Center
- Carondelet St. Joseph`s
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nielsen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 4 plans
- Mercy Care Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 2 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Brian B. Nielsen practice?
Dr. Brian Nielsen practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Tucson, AZ.
See Tucson Orthopedic Surgeons.