Dr. Brian Nielsen MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Surgery Tucson, AZ

January 29th, 2016
Great
He operated on both of my 18 year old sons knees. Instantly knew the problem, explained it so we could understand. Will see again if need arises.

December 15th, 2015
Dr. Nielsen is one of the best doctors I have seen in a long time.

August 25th, 2015
So far so good....
My daughters diagnosis scared me but Dr. Nielsen has given me some assurance in spite of our bad news she would be okay. After her surgery I will follow up and give an update on her experience and nine as a parent.

May 9th, 2014
Highly Recommend
Dr. Neilsen performed surgery on my knee 4 years ago and did a great job. He was so thorough in his explanations before and after surgery and answered every question I had until I felt confident that surgery was the right thing for me. The hard part of the recovery took a week and I followed up with a physical therapist after that as he recommended. I feel good as new.

April 10th, 2014
Not recommended
If I could I would rate it zero stars. They are a big business with big overhead and inflated fees for very little service. We saw the doctor for 5 minutes and were charged $940 for the visit and 1 follow up 3 minute session with the PA. X-rays were a separate fee of close to $250. My son had a questionable break so just to be safe the doctor charged us for the Fracture Package with a removable walking boot. Within 10 days he was fine and it was obviously a sprained ankle. I was not informed of the package and received no follow up care just an enormous bill of over $500 after which my insurance company already paid over $600. I will never take my family to Tucson Orthopedic again.

February 18th, 2013
Excellent Treatment
When I broke my ankle during a recent visit to Tucson, TOI scheduled me very promptly and worked around my travel schedule. Dr. Nielsen was tremendously helpful and kind; he really set my mind at ease and made me feel so much better about a trip that could have been disastrous.

June 24th, 2012
Cost cutters of surgery
He fixed my right knee without any problems. A year later when it came to my left knee, same exact surgery, something was wrong after the surgery. I told him immediately that something was wrong and it was like I was irritating him. He gave up on me and told me to go see a pain management dr. What the heck?? Really?? It's been a year now and my knee is worse off than before my surgery. I do not recommend him OR TOI. Once adversity is there they take offense and you lose care.

April 1st, 2011
Great.
Dr.Nielsen is a great. He was the only doc to see what was wrong with my knees and did his best to fix them. He is VERY short when it comes to visits, which was very frustrating and I don't think he believes much in pain control besides advil. He is the only doctor I'll let touch my knees. He really does know what he's doing.

November 3rd, 2010
I think Dr. Nielsen can spend more time with his patients. my apts. with him have all been less than 4 minutes each. And his follow up apt. should be more frequent.

March 31st, 2010
Very Nice!
He did a very good job doing my surgery. I'm recovering well and thank Dr. Nielsen A LOT!

February 19th, 2009