Brian W Ondulick DO Patient Reviews

August 27th, 2016
Highly skilled surgeon
He not only saved a life using his incredible skill, he did it with real caring and compassion. He understood the worry of our family, due to the seriousness of our loved one's condition, and made sure we were well informed. His total demeanor gave us confidence and reassurance that we needed so much.

November 28th, 2015
This guy is a jerk and is extremely unprofessional. His exact words to my mother were "If I just keep pumping you full of pain medication you will die. Do you want that?" Instead of explaining options and any other reason she might be having pain. His manor is awful! Big thumbs down 👎

August 29th, 2014
This Guys Stinks!
Dr. Ondulick DOES NOT CARE. I just had surgery, and have an 11 inch incision from my sternum to below my belly button. My Dr.prescribed Hydrocodone, gave me a 30 count, and told me to take 1 every 4 hours. I'm a big guy, and this was not enough, so he told me to take 2 every 4 hours. But didnt give me enough pills to last for more than a couple days. So here I am, not even a full week later, and I dont have the necessary pain medication. Dr. Ondulick was the on call Dr. filling in for my doctor who left early on a friday. He just told me to take Tylenol or go to the emergency room. This happened OVER LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2014. I can understand being cautious about prescribing pain medication, but you have to be willing to take the patient's word into consideration sometimes. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

July 26th, 2012
Dr Ondulick took the time needed for us to completely understand DX & TX plan as well as expected duration. He answered all questions until we understood every detail. He began as my husbands doctor & nearly a year later I can say with all honesty his care of my husband has been superb. During this past year my severely disabled/medically complicated son was hospitalized & a referral was made to Dr Ondulick. The extent of ease with and kindness & respect towards my adult son was truly astonishing! It is difficult to get physicians new to him to even acknowledge him & to fully respect my input. My son, though non-verbal has amazing communication & social skills. Dr Ondulick saw a man laying in that hospital bed & acknowledged him first & then the situation that had brought him to the hospital, inquired of my son how he was feeling THEN asked if he could do a physical exam. Though my help was needed it was minimal because Dr Ondulick saw my amazing son as a human being worthy of his time & respect. This may sound odd, but it is a rare occurrence indeed. After the medical business was done the two "guys" "bantered" back & forth about their favorite football teams!That brings me to my last remarks. My youngest son is quiet, hates to be the center of attention, his speech is not always understood by others & he knows it. My youngest son is 24 & has Down syndrome. He has attended a lot of our appointments for his father. Dr Ondulick, upon his first site of my son reached out to shake his hand, introduce himself & razz him about his shirt; which displayed his football team! My son takes a very long time to warm up to folks & in those first few minutes he became fast friends with Dr Ondulick. Dr Ondulick's bedside manner is bar none. His care & treatment excellent! Respect & concern for his patients rarely seen in this day & age. I honestly cannot say enough good about Dr Ondulick. Being the parent of medically involved, physically challenged children I am sorry to say finding a doctor that respects the patient, acknowledges they are a person & not diagnosis, as well as a member of a family, a person with rights & thoughts & needs; as well as sincerely caring for & providing the best medical care possible is next to impossible; especially outside of a Children's hospital. I have & will continue to refer Dr Ondulick to everyone who crosses my path. I am known for high standards when it comes to the medical care of my family!

May 3rd, 2012
Very satisfied
I called for an appt. the staff answered promptly, was able to understand my urgency to get in and I saw the doctor the same day I called. The doctor came in just to see me, made me feel that I was his only patient and that I mattered. He took his time and listened to me and made me feel better and helped me understand what was going on. I was able to have surgery the next day, and now I feel so much better. When I returned for my post op appointment, I was greeted again by the staff by name, and was treated the same, the doctor again took his time and talked to me as if we have been friends for years. Very happy practice, no tension, and you can tell they all love what they do.

August 24th, 2011
Can't get it right the first time
My wife went to Dr. Ondulick to have a cyst removed from under her arm. I spoke beforehand to a couple of people that had the same surgery and they mentioned we would get a drain tube due to fluid buildup. After the surgery we were surprised when he said he did not put one in. She almost immediately began swelling and on her 1 week checkup he drained about 35 cc's with a syringe. We asked again why he didn't put in a drain tube and he said he would just keep draining in with a syringe (against our wishes). The second week he drained 60 cc's and still refused to put one in even though we insisted! He said he could do it in his office but refused to do so. On her 3 week checkup it had so much buildup it was infected and she had a fever. He said it was now too late and he had to perform the same surgery again (to the tune of another $6000!). We told him we did not feel we owed for the second surgery because if he had done as we asked (3 times) the repeat would not have been necessary but we are still having to pay for it. He seemed like a nice guy, I guess he needed a new hot tub or something.