Overall Review

November 7th, 2011
Been going to Dr. Park for 15 yrs. now. Wouldn't go anywhere else!

July 20th, 2011
Would recommend highly
I dont know what the most recent review is referring to with clutter and old equipment and having just moved in, but Ive been seeing Dr Park for over a year for annuals as well as my prenatal care. The staff is wonderful and courteous, and Dr Park is extremely well educated and wonderful. The office is typical for an independent doctor in NYC-housed in a converted old apartment, same as many of my other doctors. He is wonderful, makes me feel at ease, and I rarely wait more than 10 minutes to be seen there.

June 11th, 2011
I Didn't Return
I recommend avoiding this doctor. I saw Dr. Park for the first and last time for an annual and an ongoing benign issue late 2009. Despite the convenient upper east location, the office itself was dark, unhygienic and cluttered. Reception/Nurse was sterile and curt and something about the decor just came off dingy. The set up/proximity and use of the bathroom and exam room and doctor's office allowed little privacy and was very awkward. The bathroom looked like an overly sterile gulag as well. For my urinalysis, the nurse asked me to leave my specimen in the bathroom w/tissue over it, then allowed someone else to use the bathroom right after me, but BEFORE she collected my specimen! Questionable standards and practices didn't stop there, even worse, the 'exam room' was a mess. They had obviously just moved in because the room was fairly large and housed an old refrigerator (I'm not kidding) , a lot of half-packed boxes with things like old mirrors, wall hangings, old medical devices and unused carts all from another era and everything was covered with dust and just needed not to be in my exam room. It was so much stuff it took up half the room. When beginning the exam it felt as if the doctor mishandled the speculum and it pinched or punctured me - this wasn't swabbing or cell scraping, it was completely different. He preformed other routine procedures seemingly fine and gave me a prescription for my issue. Their CC machine wasn't working and the nurse/receptionist acted as if it I should've known and been prepared with cash which I didn't have - but my copay was $15 or $25! She made a big deal about having to send me a bill making sure to pay. The next morning I woke up with swollen lymph nodes around my vagina and guessed it was a result of that bizarre puncture feeling during my exam, luckily they went pretty quickly w/some antibiotic. My main gripes were the unsanitary conditions, the lack of privacy (my specimen) and what could've been a more serious infection from a routine exam.

May 22nd, 2010
amazing doctor, sweet sweet staff.informed, great listener, and gives alot of time