Family Physicians

Mckinney Family Medicine
7692 Eldorado Pkwy
McKinney, TX 75070
972-562-8388
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Mrs  |  show details
by Lynne on Apr 14th, 2014

The only credential Dr Proctor has in his favor is his name...most appropriate!

|  Addicted to controlled medications...  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2014

The sign out front that says they do not dispense controlled medications is not true!! They hand them out like candy!!

|  Worst than a butcher  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2013

Dr. Procter pull out my ingrown toenail when he was sick and had runny noise. I was in a lot of pain and had pus coming put out my toe a few weeks after the procedure; I could barely walk, so I requested a follow up visit. It was another doctor who follow up on my ingrown toenail and he assured me that everything was fine and I should keep soaking my toe in warm water with epsom salt. Later on I found out that I still had a sliver of nail inside. My nail has not attached back to the toe after several years. The pride I had on my feet is gone.

|  How are they still in business?  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

The Dr is great, assuming you ever get the opportunity to see him. I've always delt with the PAs, which are fine.The problem is the staff. Either they are completely incompetent, or they just dont care. They NEVER answer the phone, and are generally rude and unprofessional.Thats why ill never go back. After 5 years, I just cant take it anymore..

May 19th, 2012

Diagnosed me wrong causing a serious drug reaction leading to a heart complication. when confronted he said I no longer was a patient. I had been a patient for 3 years. Rude and not helpful.

|  ANSWER YOUR PHONES!!!  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

I love Dr. Proctor...the only grip I have is no one EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE!!! I've had to seek out other doctors who will answer their phones when a patient calls. So frustrating!

|  I suggest we take a more balanced view of doctors  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2011

I would recommend Dr Procter to people that want their situation explained to them in an understandable way, without a lot of BS or sugarcoating. He has always been helpful to me and to my wife. We've moved away from McKinney, but still go there for primary medicine because of the respect we have for Dr. Procter.He seems to be very up-to-date and knowledgeable about the latest issues and illnesses.I think to some degree, these rating websites are very unfair to doctors:1. The doctor doesn't get to respond2. Some people will never be satisfied with a doctor or anything else. They probably complain about their dentist, too.3. People that are satisfied generally don't go looking for web sites to enter accolades about their doctors-they just pay him and keep going there.4. If patients are difficult to work with, and uncooperative, don't follow reasonable instructions, they are unlikely to get the good results that both the doctor and are seeking. In that situation, doctors may find a way to "fire" the unmanageable patient-I've been told this by another doctor and friend (not Dr. Proctor.). Face it, their days are busy, their time is at least as precious as ours is, why should they spend it with whiners?

Oct 1st, 2011

Whether it's a sick visit in the front office or Botox in the back office, Dr. Proctor will make you wait, and wait, and wait. That's why even though his office is 2 minutes away, I.would rather drive into Frisco for someone who's more courteous about my valuable time.

|  Great Doctor. Very Professional and caring.  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

I Love Dr. Procter and his Nurse Practitioner Marcy. They are thorough, kind and always go above and beyond. He does awesome Botox too!!! I highly recommend Dr. Procter!

Dec 14th, 2010

Dr. Procter has a tendency to misdiagnosis. Along with not being honest about the true results of tests. His office staff is extremely unprofessional as well.

|  DOUBLE BOOKS  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2010

Marcy, the nurse practitioner, who is a total witch that talks crap about everyone who works there, including Dr. Procter, made it very clear that I have been waiting hours on end because Dr. P double books...always! I will never go back there and deal with those incompetent idiots again.

|  LONG waiting times every time!  |  show details
by annoyed on Apr 7th, 2010

Why must it take 2 hours for a simple doctor visit? Even a follow up appointment. Sure they get you back to the room within 5-10 minutes, but then I have sat in the exam room from anywhere to 45 minutes to 2 1/2 hours. Ridiculous. I also don't appreciate having cosmetic procedures advertised everywhere and offered to me constantly. I am here for medical issues. If I wanted Botox or laser treatments, I can find out where to get them. I don't want vitamins injected. I want my sinus infection, etc. or whatever to go away. Duh! Also, why would I want the receptionist to read out my address and phone number each time to the entire room of people sitting there to ask me if it's the same? Can't they just ask if there are any changes or show me the screen? Privacy anyone? I think it's past time for a change.

|  Lost my son's records  |  show details
by Melissa on Apr 1st, 2010

My son visited this office twice in April 2006 - only 4 years ago. We recently called to get a copy of some bloodwork he had had done, and they have lost his complete medical file!!!We originally stopped going to this doctor because we felt it was more important to his practice to do minor cosmetic procedures, laser hair removal, etc., than to be a true family practice. It's all about the might dollar with this doctor.

|  Did a good job  |  show details
by erin clark on Sep 25th, 2009

I appreciated Dr. Procter helping me with an eye problem during an emergency. He was so helpful and his staff was super.

|  Expensive  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2009

How can he get away with charging so much. I went with a sinus infection and was billed for 3 other things that were not part of the visit. When I tried to call, no one answered the phone.

|  worst doctor ever  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2009

oh my gosh where do i start, the first thing he did when he came into the roomw as.. yawn.. he signed and said "whats up" this is a professional????come on.. talk about the most unprofessional, uncaring, person i have ever met.. the visit was only about 15 min and the only thing he could do was to refer me somewhere else! i was not happy, w/ the services at all.very poorly dressed, his staff was wearing flipflops also.. very unprofessional.

|  McKinney Family Med really lives by their vision  |  show details
by mynmeisdeb on Aug 18th, 2008 on kudzu.com

You must read their practices "vision" to understand but I truly can attest they do what they say they want to do. Lucio Gonzales, PA-C (I think) really cared about me as a patient without judging. I had no family known health history and based on my own health experience and lifestyle recommended a Berkeley heart program. Possibly saved my life but definitely gave me hope and renewal. I have recommended McKinney Family Medicine to several people who have noticed the positive changes in my life, health and overall being over the past nine months.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com