Dr. Brian Ragel MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Vancouver, WA

August 9th, 2016
Let's his np do all of the preop and postop appts.

March 19th, 2015
My husband went to Dr Ragel for a second opinion. The doctor pretty much blew my husband off. We wanted to know what he thought about what another doctor recommended as far as another surgery for a cervical neck fusion. He at one point, smiled and said u probably have a slow growing tumor & headaches do not come from u r neck. We would not recommend this doctor to anyone. We both left dumb founded as to what just happened.

October 21st, 2014
I had this Dr. After surgery he quit, and left me hanging. He didnt finish the Job, I have more pain after he got done with me. Ive been hanging for 7 months to find a new Dr. The work he did fix some things But made other things worst. He left OHSU in a big rush, What happend to you. I now have a problem with trusting a new Dr. Thanks for NOTHING DR Ragel

October 17th, 2014
Really helped me at a difficult time
Dr. Ragel offered me surgery and it went very well. I recovers quickly and my back pain is gone.

September 15th, 2014
Dr. Ragel is a kind, loving doctor who cares about the WHOLE patient. I fell 3years ago and experienced a compound fracture to my L2....it has been a long road. Two years ago Dr. Ragel did a Kyphoplasty and it did help to relieve some of my pain. He has continued to follow and treat my back issues and for that I am eternally grateful. I can't imagine entrusting my spine care to anyone else!

May 13th, 2013
Took great care of my dad
My dad was in a terrible car accident a few weeks ago. Dr. Ragel and the entire OHSU team helped him recover from a bad back fracture. I can't thank then enough.

May 13th, 2013
Exceptional
Dr. Ragel and OHSU were fantastic. He is a really nice guy and obviously very smart. My back has never felt better. In and out of the hospital after a major back fusion in 3 days.

May 12th, 2013
Outstanding
Dr. Ragel is thoughtful and courteous. He saw me everyday in the hospital after my back. My back pain ad leg pain are gone.

December 12th, 2011
Saved my mother's ability to walk
Dr Ragel did emergency back surgery on my mother at OHSU. She was referred to him by the nuerosurgeons at Good Sam due to the difficulty of the procedure. Her spine was ready to collapse due to a tumor. He and his staff kept in contact with me during and after surgery. Although the hospital was fairly disorganized, Dr. Ragel and his immediate staff were great.

April 16th, 2011
Excellent.
Seen for arm pain. I liked that he did not recommend surgery up front, but encouraged that I try a few other things first. Ultimately, he operated on my neck and my arm has never felt better!

October 12th, 2010
Consistant with the poor quality of Dr's at OHSU
OHSU has been bringing in sub-standard doctors because of financial problems and Dr. Ragel is a perfect example. He is un-educated in any kind of complicated brain and spinal problem. Most of his experience is as an army surgeon and what he has learned in seminars. He cannot accurately read an MRI and I was surprised that he was so dismissive when I pointed out what he missed. (verified by another surgeon and radiologist. I went to him for a second opinion and it was a big waste of time. Too cocky and arrogant for his obviously limited knowledge. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.