Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Memorial Hospital of Converse County - CAH
111 S 5th St
Douglas, WY 82633
307-358-7365
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Judy's Book. CitySearch.
 |  Warning read before you allow this dr to perform surgery  |  show details
by Anne Olson on Nov 15th, 2013

I had a vaginal hysterectomy my dr retherford in grass valley . My primary care dr warned me that he was "knife happy" and he was!! There were several other options but not only did he rush me into a hysterectomy he also said told me about his wife's experience and based on that recommended we just take out my ovaries too, because he wife was calmer without them ?!?!?!? I wanted relief so agreed to surgery . I should have ran! He got me in an outpatient surgery practice that he had a financial stake in and rushed me in and out. He was very demeaning He never even followed up or returned my calls . This should not have been an outpatient surgery, and I shouldn't have had surgery as a first option anyway. I have suffered so much because of him. If you are reading this please get a second or third option . If you get a weird vibe from him listen to it and find a new dr.

|  Excellent OBGYN  |  show details
by Stacey on Mar 4th, 2013

I used Dr. Retherford for my first pregnancy. Being a young mother I was very nervous using a male Doc. I was quickly assured that the staff there would take great care of me throughout my pregnancy all the way to delivery. Dr. Retherford was kind, caring and always made time to answer my questions. I had a few complications late in my pregnancy and was addmited to the maternity unit for a night. It was pretty late when I was admitted but Doc still came in to check on me and returned early the next morning to also check on me again before he went to clinic. Doc Retherford was unable to be there for my daughters birth since I went into labor a week early and he was out of town. However, he made sure that I was taken care of and as soon as he returned he came to my room to welcome my Daughter and congradulated my significant other and I. He then followed up with me upon discharge from the hospital and had his staff take care of making my follow up appointments for me and my baby. I would reccomend this doctor to others in a heartbeat. Also, If I ever decide to have more children Dr. Retherford will be my first choice for care as he and his staff are absolutly wonderful!

|  One of the best doctors that I have ever had.  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

I found out that I had abnormal cell in my upper cervix, I had to have a large biopsy done. The surgery went smoothly and Dr. Retherford had the best bed side manner of any doctor I have been to, and that says a lot because I have had 3 children. I felt comfortable and calm going into surgery. He saved my life. The biopsy came back on the border of cancer. Thank you doctor.I must also say that all the previous negative comments seem as though they are from the same person. She keeps saying the same thing in the same unintelligent way. I think that's hateful and crazy.

Oct 11th, 2012

I went to Dr. Retherford for a 2nd opinion on a surgery that I had already scheduled with another doctor. He gave me a surgical option that the other doctor did not and performed it as we had discussed beforehand. I was given great care at the hospital before and after the surgery, have recovered from it very well, and am now 10 weeks post op. He was very concerned, listened to me and kept me informed. Everything turned out well - I don't think enough people give an opinion when things turn out well, obviously, only when they think they have a problem. I can only speak for my own experience, but I am very satisfied with my surgery and treatment by Dr. Retherford.

|  Worst Dr's visit i have ever had.  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

Rude. Belitteling. Acted superior and talked down to me. Refused to take into consideration alternatives to birth control i was interested in pursuing. Wanted to jump right to surgery.

Sep 24th, 2011

Very bad surgeon. He cut my uretra during surgery and did not seem to think he should tell me. I had a HUGE bruise down the inside of my right leg. Once again, would not tell me why. I was, condesendingly told,"Why, that is blood under the skin". Well, NO KIDDING! But WHY?? He took my vitality from me for money. He preformed an unnecessary hysterectomy. on healthy organs. For profit.

Doctor's Response

See comment 9/26/11

May 13th, 2010

Any advice given by Mr. Retherford should be questioned and you should definitely see other doctors. He WILL rush you into surgery if he can. Scare tactics seem to be his main mode of operation. It is very sad that a doctor will stoop to this.

|  Excellent Surgical skill  |  show details
May 6th, 2010

Fantastic surgeonSaved my life!

|  Deliverd all of my babies  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2010

Wow, I'm astonished by some of the negative reviews of Dr. Retherford. I never had a problem with him, and he delivered all of my babies. The only criticism I'd have is that he does sometimes seem to be in a hurry and he doesn't spend a lot of time explaining things--it's up to the patient to ask questions, he doesn't really offer any information. His bedside manner is a little abrupt, too, but I don't really have an issue with that. I always thought he seemed like a competant doctor, which is why I kept going back for each delivery.I do wonder about some of these posts, particularly from the woman who said he got her worried about cancer. That story seems fictional. Dr. Retherford isn't an oncologist and I really can't see how or why he would recommend hysterectomy for suspected cancer. Even if he did, why wouldn't you go see an oncologist if you thought you had cancer? Dr. Retherford is an OB/GYN, not an oncologist. Weird story.

|  He Saved our Lives  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2010

Dr. Brian was wonderful for this first time mom. He answered the many questions my husband and I had and walked us through this amazing experience. My life and sons life were spared after an emergency C-Section. Thank You

|  Great OBGYN  |  show details
by Guest G. at Judy`s Book on Mar 2nd, 2010 on judysbook.com

Dr. Retherford had delivered my last two children and is delivering my 3rd this Spring. He answers all my questions and gives great advice on many options. He makes his e-mail available and answers right away. He is nice, funny, and very sm...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  Stay Away!!!  |  show details
by BobbiGirl at Citysearch on Oct 29th, 2009 on citysearch.com

This doctor does NOT care about us as women. He is all about profit. HIS. He is an incompetent surgeon and will not give you correct information if it will sway you away from him making money. Even at the expense of your body and health and well being. He LOVES to rush women into hysterectomy and say`s he would GLADLY give his wife and daughter one. GLADLY ruin our lives for money. I could go on and on just PLEASE go to someone else.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Oct 26th, 2009

I strongly advise all women to stay away from this doctor. He is all about HIM. His money, his life. He does not care about us. He will get you into surgery and do as he pleases which is always a hysterectomy. He lies as to his intentions and then does as he pleases for profit. STAY AWAY!

|  Need an unnecessary hysterectomy  |  show details
May 17th, 2009

Dr. Reutherford is known in town as Mr. Hysterectomy. I saw him for a benign cyst. He pumped up cancer as a scare to get me in surgery and then, against my wishes did a total hysterectomy. This has happened before. I had good insurance! He ruined my life.

|  Great Doctor!!  |  show details
by J. DeGruccio on Mar 12th, 2009

My doctor through two very tough pregnancies. Trustworthy, caring, knowledgable, great doctor!