Dr. Brian Riordan MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 8 reviews

April 28th, 2016
Physiatrist Psychiatrist
Dr. RIordan is a good guy, low key, and spends plenty of time explaining the details.

March 2nd, 2016
STILL WATERS RUN DEEP
RUN, DON'T WALK TO DR RIORDAN HE ACTUALLY LISTENS ASKS RELEVANT QUESTIONS HAS ALL PRIOR TESTS AND PATIENT INFO ASSEMBLED AND AT HIS SIDE HE IS SHY BUT KIND AND RESPECTFUL A REAL DOCTOR

November 30th, 2013
He is a great Dr. Although he is bery quiet he listens and is accurate

February 15th, 2013
Stroke Patient
While Dr. Riordan does not make an initial impression of warmth and social ease, we found him to be very sharp, thoroughly knowledgeable, receptive to family input, happy to answer all questions, and respectful of his patient. I'm not looking for a smooth personality in a physician -- if you want a highly competent Physiatrist, Dr. Riordan fills the bill.

May 3rd, 2011
Great doctor!
Dr. Riordan is very skillful and knowledgeable. His bedside manner was extremely professional. He answered my many questions and even called me a few days after my initial visit with information he had researched online that would be helpful with my condition. I've had trigger point injections (many times) and nerve conduction tests and I can honestly say that he is very gentle and caring. He explains everything in detail and provides a dynamic that I've not experienced with other physiatrists. Some people feel that he is cold and unfeeling....I dispute this. I've read the other reviews and think they are just angry people who didn't get what they want so they feel it's appropriate to bad-mouth a good doctor. He has treated me, several members of my family and many of my friends whom I've recommended. He is extremely knowledgeable and has helped many patients gain functionality back after suffering strokes or other traumatic brain injuries. He is also certified in the treatment of wounds and spends one day a week at the Danbury Hospital Morganti Wound Center.

July 20th, 2010
Just an awful individual.
During his evaluation visit of my elderly relative, this "doctor" answered his personal cell phone and chatted. He has no bedside manner, is cold, brash and doesn't appear to be fond of the elderly. Wouldn't waste my time seeing him.

February 25th, 2010
TOTAL JERK!!
First of all this doctor does NOT make you feel comfortable in his office. He is wierd,quiet, judgmental and not personable at all. I have a terrible back, have already had one surgery and have been put on pain medicine until something changes with my diagnoses or a doctor can actually help me. Well because of a luggage (containing my meds and personal items) issue while traveling this doctor accused me of being a drug addict!! Even when I started to feel better and did not take any pain medicine for two months, he accused me of going else where and getting drugs! When I recently reinjured my back from a bad fall and called him to make an appointment, he called me back and accused me of having a drug problem and refused to see me. If he can't help your pain, he will make up an excuse not to see you. I DO NOT recommend him to anyone.

June 29th, 2009
from the moment I met Dr. Riordan his lack of interaction skills really surprised me. Not only would he not shake my hand but wouldn't make eye contact with me. I felt as if I was being Judged as an individual (not a person challenged with CHRONIC PAIN ISSUES) This Dr. is more concerned about saving this own tail - re: FDA regulations thanthe care and treatment of an individualssituation and needs.Big waste of time and money