A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Brian Sands:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Brian Sands is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sands
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sands Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Brian Sands, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Sands graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Sands has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Brooklyn Campus of the VA
- New York Harbor Healthcare System
- Haitian Creole
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Brian Frederick Sands MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Brian F. Sands practice?
- Dr. Brian Sands has 1 office location.
Dr. Brian Sands practices Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists and New York Addiction Specialists.