A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Brian Shafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Brian Shafer, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shafer
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shafer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Brian Shafer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shafer graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Shafer has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Scottsdale Healthcare-Shea
- Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Brian L Shafer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Brian L. Shafer practice?
- Dr. Brian Shafer has 2 office locations.
Dr. Brian Shafer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Scottsdale, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Phoenix, AZ.
See Scottsdale Orthopedic Surgeons.