A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Brian Shafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Brian Shafer, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shafer
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shafer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Brian Shafer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shafer graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Shafer has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Scottsdale Healthcare-Shea
- Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Brian L Shafer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Brian L. Shafer practice?
- Dr. Brian Shafer has 7 office locations.
Dr. Brian Shafer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Scottsdale, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Phoenix, AZ and Glendale, AZ.
See Scottsdale Surgeons.