Dr. Brian Shafer MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Phoenix, AZ

3.9

February 5th, 2016
Dr. Shafer and his staff are excellent. He has performed arthroscopic surgery on my knee and, most recently treated a trigger finger with outstanding results. My recovery following the knee surgery was much faster than many others I have known of and with no residual issues. I have also referred many of my patients to Dr.Shafer and all have been treated well and were pleased with their outcomes. I will continue to enthusiastically refer to Dr.Shafer.

December 9th, 2015
Awesome!
Great experience!

November 11th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
I was treated by Dr. Shafer on two separate occasions. The first was a shoulder issue, which ended up requiring arthroscopic surgery (bone spurs) in 2011, and the second was a torn ACL, which required surgery in 2012. He is very professional, courteous, easygoing, and genuine. The only complaint I have about him is that he showed up to my knee surgery appointment wearing Dodgers gear (I'm a Diamondbacks fan)! Just kidding! He's a great guy, and was excellent with follow-up. His staff is very professional and friendly as well. I felt very well taken care of during my treatments at Arizona Bone & Joint.

July 28th, 2014
Knee medical treatment
Dr Shafer has treated both my knees for injuries over the past three years. The first knee injury was not sevier, and he was able to treat my left knee with non-surgical treatment. This past month I had a torn maniscis, and Dr Shafer performed arthroscopic surgery. He and the surgicenter were professional and caring, with good follow up.

January 9th, 2014
Great !!
I just had a complete Knee replaced, Dr. Brian Shafer was my Doctor. I can't say enough about him and his Assistant. Also his personal nurse Kathy is the best !!! I had the great care and I am so happy with my new Knee. Anyone that is having trouble with knees or shoulders should see Dr. Shafer, he is very kind and understanding. The hospital that I went too is the best ever. He is located at Az Bone and Joint.

November 19th, 2013
great experience
Dr. Shafer and his team put the P in professional. He is kind, competent and encouraging. His assistant, Kathy, is absolutely wonderful! Always returned calls and emails promptly. Stayed on top of my disability paperwork with great organization and promptness. Told Dr. Shafer that he was lucky to have her and to give her a raise. Thanks to all for a good experience!

July 3rd, 2013
Extremely friendly and polite

May 27th, 2013
Pain
Good surgeon but cares little about pain management after surgery. Pain is your problem not his and he will let you know it...Has no bedside manner he is the Dr after all, and you know nothing....

March 21st, 2013
I saw Dr Shafer as a referral from a Chiropractor. I am a Canadian and as my issue was not considered an emergency situation, my extended medical did not cover my visit. I was very concerend about what costs I might incur with my vist to Dr. Shafer. I found him to be very professional. The office took x-rays and then explained that although they could do some surgery, that I would be better off to manage the pain for the time being. I was most impressed by the efficiency of the office overall and by the fact that they were not automatically trying to push surgery even though that is what they are..surgeons.
Doctor's Response

From all of the AZ Bone and Joint staff, we thank you for your kind feedback! Our goal is help patients overcome their injuries, as well as aches and pain, while striving to provide a positive patient experience.

March 20th, 2013
Pleased Patient
I worked in the healtehcare field for 48 years. I have seen the good, bad and marginal. My experience with Dr. Shafer and his staff was superb. It could not have been better as to accessibility and competence. Further, I had an excellent surgical result.
Doctor's Response

On behalf of the Arizona Bone & Joint staff and medical team, we would like to thank you for your kind review. We are dedicated to helping patients restore their active lifestyles and strive to provide a positive treatment experience for our patients. We only hope to empower our patients and help them get back to their active lifestyles.

February 25th, 2013
Don't waste your time or money
Dr. Shafer was 45 minutes late for scheduled appt. I asked staff twice if he was in the building. His asst. Kathy, never explained why he was late. Finally showed me a waiting room. 15 minutes later Dr Shafer showed up. No apology or excuse. I explained my shoulder issue and he diagnosed it from sitting across the room. Never touched me. Bragged about how many "frozon shoulders" he sees a week. Said therapy is what I needed, wrote a script for therapy and left. I should have listened to the above reviews.

September 13th, 2012
Wouldn't go anywhere elseWoud
I always feel I am in great hands with Dr. Shafer. He takes the time to listen and recommends treatments that I feel comfortable with. And his nurse Kathy)is so caring and knowledgeable! I would recommend seeing Dr. Shafer for all your bone and joint needs!