Brian L Shafer, MD

Arizona Bone & Joint Specialists
5620 E Bell Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
602-493-9361
Locations and availability (2)

|  Knee medical treatment  |  show details
by Owen Swenson on Jul 28th, 2014

Dr Shafer has treated both my knees for injuries over the past three years. The first knee injury was not sevier, and he was able to treat my left knee with non-surgical treatment. This past month I had a torn maniscis, and Dr Shafer performed arthroscopic surgery. He and the surgicenter were professional and caring, with good follow up.

|  Great !!  |  show details
by Linda L. Fuller on Jan 9th, 2014

I just had a complete Knee replaced, Dr. Brian Shafer was my Doctor. I can't say enough about him and his Assistant. Also his personal nurse Kathy is the best !!! I had the great care and I am so happy with my new Knee. Anyone that is having trouble with knees or shoulders should see Dr. Shafer, he is very kind and understanding. The hospital that I went too is the best ever. He is located at Az Bone and Joint.

|  great experience  |  show details
by nancy h on Nov 19th, 2013

Dr. Shafer and his team put the P in professional. He is kind, competent and encouraging. His assistant, Kathy, is absolutely wonderful! Always returned calls and emails promptly. Stayed on top of my disability paperwork with great organization and promptness. Told Dr. Shafer that he was lucky to have her and to give her a raise. Thanks to all for a good experience!

Jul 3rd, 2013

Extremely friendly and polite

|  Pain  |  show details
by Danny on May 27th, 2013

Good surgeon but cares little about pain management after surgery. Pain is your problem not his and he will let you know it...Has no bedside manner he is the Dr after all, and you know nothing....

by Carolyn N on Mar 21st, 2013

I saw Dr Shafer as a referral from a Chiropractor. I am a Canadian and as my issue was not considered an emergency situation, my extended medical did not cover my visit. I was very concerend about what costs I might incur with my vist to Dr. Shafer. I found him to be very professional. The office took x-rays and then explained that although they could do some surgery, that I would be better off to manage the pain for the time being. I was most impressed by the efficiency of the office overall and by the fact that they were not automatically trying to push surgery even though that is what they are..surgeons.

Doctor's Response

From all of the AZ Bone and Joint staff, we thank you for your kind feedback! Our goal is help patients overcome their injuries, as well as aches and pain, while striving to provide a positive patient experience.

|  Pleased Patient  |  show details
by Frank A. Parks on Mar 20th, 2013

I worked in the healtehcare field for 48 years. I have seen the good, bad and marginal. My experience with Dr. Shafer and his staff was superb. It could not have been better as to accessibility and competence. Further, I had an excellent surgical result.

Doctor's Response

On behalf of the Arizona Bone & Joint staff and medical team, we would like to thank you for your kind review. We are dedicated to helping patients restore their active lifestyles and strive to provide a positive treatment experience for our patients. We only hope to empower our patients and help them get back to their active lifestyles.

|  Don't waste your time or money  |  show details
by David in Phoenix on Feb 25th, 2013

Dr. Shafer was 45 minutes late for scheduled appt. I asked staff twice if he was in the building. His asst. Kathy, never explained why he was late. Finally showed me a waiting room. 15 minutes later Dr Shafer showed up. No apology or excuse. I explained my shoulder issue and he diagnosed it from sitting across the room. Never touched me. Bragged about how many "frozon shoulders" he sees a week. Said therapy is what I needed, wrote a script for therapy and left. I should have listened to the above reviews.

|  Wouldn't go anywhere elseWoud  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

I always feel I am in great hands with Dr. Shafer. He takes the time to listen and recommends treatments that I feel comfortable with. And his nurse Kathy)is so caring and knowledgeable! I would recommend seeing Dr. Shafer for all your bone and joint needs!

Aug 30th, 2012

After seeing internists and other doctors and then seeing Dr Shafer, he has always correctly diagnosed the problem and fixed it!

May 26th, 2012

Dr. Shafer and his staff are excellent. He has excellent rapport and only treats as necessary. Very satisfied.

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

Dr. Shafer is a very caring physician. He has the ability to make you feel like you are his only patient. He anwers questions and doesn't rush you.He is wonderful doctor.

|  EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2012

MORE THAN SATISFACTORY! EVERYTHING WENT PERFECTLY.

May 30th, 2011

Excellent experience, cordial office staff. Even though there was a bit of a wait to see Dr. Shafer, he was apologetic about the wait and didnt rush through my appointment. He made sure I had all my questions answered by the time I left. I would definitely recommend him